• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shadow Temple Misconception

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I've never tried completing the spirit temple before the shadow temple but I think the real indication that all temples are completed is when Raaru tells Link to go to the temple of time. Anyway the Spirit temple is supposed to be the last temple you complete, not the shadow temple. I guess you could beat the spirit temple before the shadow temple but either way you have to get the hover boots from the shadow temple before going into the spirit temple. The only temples I know you can definitely do in a swapped order is the fire and water temples. You can complete the water temple before the fire temple because you never need the hammer in the water temple (although it can be used as an easier way to beat shadow link if you don't have the biggron sword).

Last edited:

wingedarcher7

Kono Link da!
I played through the Shadow Temple before the Spirit Temple and that seemed right, so I'm pretty sure you can just go about it whichever way you really want to.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
You can infact do spirit temple before shadow temple the only real prequisite is the Lens Of Truth unless you know the spirit guides path really well. You can just roll out of the sand and Longshot can pretty much beat the Hover Boots in everything.

The only forced dungeons are Deku Tree and Forest Temple but even then you can complete the forest temple anytime before spirit really.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
You can technically do the Shadow and Spirit temple in any order, but you do need the Hover Boots for the Spirit Temple so logically it makes more sense to do the Shadow Temple before the Spirit Temple. I don't think there's a definitive 'last one'. When Impa says that, you're teleporting out of the Temple of Light. It's just her last message, because she was always Zelda's ward but when she's awken as a Sage she can't fulfil that job anymore, so asks Link.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
You can technically do the Shadow and Spirit temple in any order, but you do need the Hover Boots for the Spirit Temple so logically it makes more sense to do the Shadow Temple before the Spirit Temple. I don't think there's a definitive 'last one'. When Impa says that, you're teleporting out of the Temple of Light. It's just her last message, because she was always Zelda's ward but when she's awken as a Sage she can't fulfil that job anymore, so asks Link.

Where in the Spirit Temple do you need the boots? cuz i don't know if i have run into that or what.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
Where in the Spirit Temple do you need the boots? cuz i don't know if i have run into that or what.
You don't really NEED the hover boots, unless you want an easier time crossing gaps and collecting silver rupees in one of the rooms. It takes a precise jump or Hover boots to get just one of the silver rupees.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die

You don't really NEED the hover boots, unless you want an easier time crossing gaps and collecting silver rupees in one of the rooms. It takes a precise jump or Hover boots to get just one of the silver rupees.

It makes things a hell of a lot easier with Hover Boots

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Amazing logic there. You need to go to the spirit temple before the spirit temple :P

I admit, I, the Scribe of Spirit screwed up there, it is fixed now though. Thanks for pointing that error out for me. It happens to everyone guys I was typing kind of fast when I wrote that and I admit I didn't proofread or edit.

It's like a broken pencil!

Yeah, yeah... I still love ya Kitsu... my pencil was totally screwed up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom