• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sexuality in Zelda

Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Unsure

• Total voters
Dual Character Mechanic

What about a Dual Character Mechanic like Jonathan and Charlette from Dawn of sorrw where Link and Zelda are fighting evil as a married couple?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe84GcAN45Y&feature=related Jonathan and Charlotte together. Why can't we have Link and Zelda going around the map going: Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda!

I'm 30 years old. I want to see my Video game heroes get married too, but that doesn't mean that they have to stop being heroes.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
This thread makes me kinda feel like i'm gonna quiver and fall off my chair. . . e__e I just don't agree with ti, I meani t's Zelda. It's supposed to be for all ages (except Twilight Princess) It would just be. . . Off in a few ways because then it would defeat the whole purpose of fan-couples. . . I like to keep guessing on who shacks up after the adventure. . .

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
You have a point here Kitty,Zelda should go in a more Adult direction,as long as the highest rating it gets is like a PEGI 16 Or ESRB High end Teen. A question that comesacross a zelda players mind at least once whilst trying to figure out the timeline is where do all these Link and Zelda's keep coming from? Link must have been King at One point.

While no Sex has to be shown,at least show some sort of cleaveage,Zelda needs thid kind of thing to keep in the modern age of Gamers,the last game on a Nintendo that I Know of that has Cleavage was Bubble Bath Babes on the NES,and that game was not even licenced by Nintendo! Nintendo need to have Voice-Acting,cursing,sex and at a push,Alcohol.Whats wrong with a bit of Hyrulean Larger eh?

I'd still buy the game anyways......

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Personally, I think they should just make love and/or sexuality part of the storyline. Something sort of cliche along the lines of Link doing something for the girl he loves, and maybe just more sides to characters we had not seen. That would make it interesting.

That's the kind of thing that cause some fans to hate Nintendo in TP, though. (Why, I don't know, I think they overreacted.)

What are you talking about that you don't understand Link and Zelda romance?

He means that of Link and Zelda in OoT. Some fans read into things that were never there.

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
It was only in The Legend of Zelda: Adventure of Link that Link and Zelda showed any true signs of a brewing relationship. After defeating Dark Link, Link embraces and kisses Zelda, who is probably head-over-heels in love with Link after such a display of courage.

Actually, ST ended with Link and Zelda holding hands in a clearly romantic moment, though Nintendo did still stay away from kissing, it has been the first outright romance moment shown in the series in a long time. We may also be getting more of that in SS though, but I think it's safe to assume there won't be any kissing in that one either.

Now, the hand-holding cuddly stuff not so much sexuality as it is just character interaction, and frankly, that's how I like it. The Legend of Zelda is not supposed to be a game that deals with these kinds of mature issues; it's at its core a coming of age adventure story in a traditional sense, a type of plot frame where sexuality doesn't really fit in that comfortably. The fact that the setting is designed to look more medieval than modern also makes sexuality a difficult thing to fit in naturally. When you think medieval in the romance sense, you think chivalry and courtly love, not sexual imagery. I think the little things that have been squeezed in, like that Cremia hugging Link scene in MM, are about as much as we really need. It's a neat little detail, but it doesn't draw attention away from the real point of the story.

I don't believe sexuality is needed to make a romantic relationship believable; personally I think that unless the setting calls for it, it detracts from the character interactions. The setting of the Zelda series just doesn't call for any form of sexuality. Romance sure, I think we could do with a little more of the courtly love aspect like the hand holding and whatnot, I think we're probably going to get some sort of courtship in SS judging by what we've seen of Link and Zelda's interactions, but none of that requires sexuality. In fact, the sweet and happy atmosphere of the courtship scenes would be ruined by increased sexuality in my opinion, simply because it just doesn't fit in with the overall Zelda series atmosphere.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What are you talking about that you don't understand Link and Zelda romance?
What I meant there was I didn't understand any romance existed between the two. I know that, according to Miyamoto, Navi is jealous of Zelda (or Link?). But ingame, there were no cues to romance or at least I did not catch them throughout the many times I've beaten the game. People say two of the final scenes of the game are hinting at romance, though all I see is tragedy in what happens to the pair.

Hmmm this is interesting. First off, I dont really see Zelda & Link as a couple most of the time. I see them as very close friends. That being said, its not like I'd be all anti about it either. I think our hero in green deserves someone, wether it be Zelda, a love interest in the games, or simple a random background girl. Having a bit more sexuality...it depends exactly what kind. If they mean some flirty quotes ,hugs kiss on cheek,etc I'd be ok with that. But if they have a huge 2 minute cutscene of just making out, that might be too much for the series.So i think they should have more romanic personality, but to a limit

N

nesdude5

nintendo should make a m rated zelda like game then, everyone might be happy. people who want sexuality would be happy and people who want a pure clean zelda would be happy too

E

Epic mask dude

Ummm....NO! I really don't want an M rated zelda game. Because i'm 11 years old and have beat every zelda game (Regrettably including the three CD-i games) and really, i could see link and malon, but nothing else....

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
nintendo should make a m rated zelda like game then, everyone might be happy. people who want sexuality would be happy and people who want a pure clean zelda would be happy too

How about an option to allow the Content or not? Or like, parental locks or something. . .

LinkIsAwesomest

NEVER FORGET HE'S AWESOME
Are you KIDDING ME?!

SERIOUSLY?!

Alright, this is really going too far. Do you know how many M rated video games are out there? All you adults who are for whatever reason craving all that M rated junk, by all means, go buy an M rated game and play the heck out of it.

But seriously, try to be less selfish. Zelda's one of the only adventure/swordfighting games left that kids can actually play. You have two companies (Sony, Microsoft) that will make all the M rated games you could possibly want. But Nintendo seems to be the only gaming company left that actually thinks of kids and makes video games they can play.

I'm serious! Maybe you don't understand because you're an adult and can play anything, but as a 12 year old, there are pretty much no games that interest me that are actually kid/family friendly... except for Zelda.

So why would you take Zelda away from all us kids? That's selfish! Just go out and buy an M rated game if you absolutely have to. Stop trying to change a PERFECTLY AWESOME video game just to fit your selfish adult needs. Zelda's a family-oriented, kid game. Deal with it, or go play some M rated game.

If you're looking for a medieval action game with adult stuff, try Dragon Age or Elder Scrolls. But leave Zelda ALONE and stop being selfish. Kids should be able to play games too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom