• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Setup Discussion Thread

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
How about this extremely bastard, extremely spicy idea: everyone, town and maf, has a compulsory nightkill and roleblock. There would need to be an extreme amount of coordination among the town to keep everyone alive. For added fun, make it trouble communicating.
everyone as every player or as in both teams?
If you mean every player the game is likely to end really quickly and likely with a scum victory
if you mean both teams then it’s extremely townsided because scum wouldn’t be able to ever get rid town roleblocker/vigilante’s abilities

would there be other roles to it? depending on what you add to it it could be more viable

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
everyone as every player or as in both teams?
If you mean every player the game is likely to end really quickly and likely with a scum victory
if you mean both teams then it’s extremely townsided because scum wouldn’t be able to ever get rid town roleblocker/vigilante’s abilities

would there be other roles to it? depending on what you add to it it could be more viable
Every player. I said nightkill and roleblock because that way everyone blocks each other, it makes coordination vital. Maybe have one mafia member be macho so it's not too townsided.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
it’s already not townsided lol
and macho means the player can’t be protected, I think you mean strongman (kills can’t be stopped)
How is it not townsided? In my mind, town has to coordinate to block each other to stay alive. So yes, it isn't townsided but there has to be coordination.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
How is it not townsided? In my mind, town has to coordinate to block each other to stay alive. So yes, it isn't townsided but there has to be coordination.
”how is it not townsided”
“yes, it isn’t townsided”
??
make up your mind kiddo

I think you’re focusing too much on town trying to self preserve by coordinating and forgetting that a possible (if not the best) strategy for town is more likely to shoot everyone asap in a attempt to kill as many mafia as possible as early as possible and that even this statistically is likely to fail miserably (despite of the minuscule odd of it being ridiculously successful too lmao)

coordination isn’t as good as it sound on paper because the fact mafia is playing can break that coordination; for a town plan to work you have to plan something that effectively pins down mafia, which isn’t likely to happen when there are no protective or investigative roles AND repeated roles lol

not only that but the fact scum would have THREE potential kills right off the bat with town having the potential to kill like 1-10 players every night (assuming it’s 13p) means that if town decided to play safe and tried to coordinate something like only target the same person to reduce the amount of disruption/kills they’d still potentially have their numbers diminished absurdly quickly

it’s a bit tricky to tell because the roleblocking could effectively come to play and delay these causalities a bit, but still

just curious but how do you plan on computing something like Player A roleblocks Player B, Player B roleblocks Player C, Player C roleblocks Player A?

it also removes the focus on the day phases making them almost useless when you can just wake up and see literally everyone dead from a single night lol

I think a fun way to reduce the amount of killing power is maybe adding modifiers to these roles like odd/even/prime/not prime and making the roleblocking actually jailing but even so it would be still be pretty insane

I’d say maybe try making it like a discord setup to see how it runs and if it goes well maybe bring to the forums?

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
it makes more sense for everyone to be a serial killer
I've played games where there are nothing but teams of 2 mafia and last team standing wins, so the concept works but it's not really mafia

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Not particularly

That would be appreciated
ITAs, or In-Thread Attacks, are actions that every player in the game may take targeting any other player. Typically, each ITA has a set chance to kill the target, but they can and often are easily modified to deal damage to a health bar instead of a random chance to kill. While ITAs are more commonly used in large games, they could totally be used as a replacement for the daily lynch, with the right balances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom