• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Self Confidence

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Honestly, for me it depends on the situation. When I'm doing something I know I'm good at, I have plenty. When I'm doing anything else, I have nada.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Generally, I have very low self-confidence. I always feel like that, in one way of another, I might end up doing something wrong and screwing up, making a fool of myself in the process. This applies for literally anything I will do. It may not always be a prevalent feeling, but it's always there to some degree. I also have somewhat of an inferiority complex. All this has lead up to me having extremely low self-esteem. In fact, not long ago, my self-confidence was down to absolute zero. And that's not an exaggeration. It stayed like that for quite a while. Recently though, things have been going better for me, so I've been gaining back my confidence little by little. However, it's still generally very low.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well most people who know me will see me as being quite confident....

Social situations have never really made my shy and whatnot, I do remember going through a period when I was 9-11 when I used to have little confidence when asking a girl out but after over coming it I never really felt this again. I know it may seem hard for someone but once you get the hard part over and done with you can gain a lot of confidence. I guess what made me confident was the people I used to surround myself with in school, this certainly rubbed off on me in a way I guess.

I definitely like to stay humble though and I don't think I ever cross the line when actually too much confidence becomes arrogance, especially when I playing a sport. I would rather let my actions do the talking rather than coming across as arrogant. I think due to past experiences in my life have made me stronger and since I am very protective over my freinds and family I have too put on this confident persona.

Last edited:
I used to have a lot of self-confidence. Not so much anymore.

I had more confidence when I was younger and the tasks which came my way were easier. School is very difficult now requiring more effort. When I work hard and don’t do well in school, my self-esteem in other areas of life lowers.

My confidence is at its peak when I’m doing activities I enjoy like posting on this forum, computing math problems, or performing chemical experiments. Hand me a physics book or ask me to draw something, however, and I crawl beneath a rock.

Joy

The Sexy One
I have very high self confidence. Sometimes I wonder if I have too much, but then I think "naaaaah I'm perfect".

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I have self-confidence. I could use more at times, but the level of self-confidence I have is good enough. It can get higher in particular comfort zones, but it never gets so high that it becomes arrogance.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Eh. Self confidence has gotten much higher this year than the previous. I started working out, so no longer super self conscious about my body. Got contacts and the most popular girl in my grade, has said I was cute. (As did the popular senior girls :3) However, still am really shy around people, and act pretty awkward. Especially around dudes. For some reason I can not get a guy friend. Sure, I have some, but when around lots of other guys, I am as self-confident as a clam (which I assume aren't self confident because I don't know)

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I wasn't a very confident person in school due to severe bullying and it took me a long time to really build it up, but yes, the person I am today is very confident. I feel I have a very realistic view on my own abilities. I know what I do well and how well I do it, I know my weaknesses without it really bothering me. I've reached a point where I just don't care how many people are doing something better/worse than me, because it has no effect on how well *I* do it. Also the way the world works it's not even always about better or worse, just different.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I walk with swag wherever I go, and I detest that word. I say out loud that I'm going to fail stuff or that I'm not good at things, but in my heart I simply know that I will, by the grace of God, complete things that I set my mind to to the best of my ability. If I don't feel confident about some action that I'm doing, believe me I'll alert the people that know what they're doing so I can get some aid.

Self-confidence can potentially be a double-edged sword, so in that regard I still check with the proper people to get 100% surety.

bunny

birb overlord
One of the best quotes I have ever heard is this, "If you're gonna do something, do it to the best of your abilities or don't do it at all." I seriously try my absolute best to follow that quote. Of course I still don't put 100% into everything because I'm a human being... but again, I honestly try. I know I can't do everything by myself, but being a Christian, that's what I have Jesus for. C: He's helped me through some of the toughest places in my life... He's even helped me through the little things, too. He's been there helping me along ever since I can remember. I KNOW I wouldn't be where I am today without Jesus... That's given me the confidence I have now. I don't have very much confidence in myself because I've failed so many things, but I have SO much confidence in Jesus.

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

not trying to sound like a religious nut, please don't hurt me

:eek:nion:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom