• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Science Classes

Do you like Science Classes?

• Yea

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Nae

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • ???

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Which Science class did you enjoy/dislike the most? there are so many varieties that everyone probably has different experiences! My favorite was probably Anatomy/Physiology. I never took biology so I just went straight to that. idk how that happened but it seemed to have worked out fine! my least favorite was by far Chemistry. my brother, a friend, and I took the class together and we barely made it out with passing grades. it was really hard and don't look forward to college science classes. HBU?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I've never really had much of a personal interest in science, but all my science classes throughout school were pretty good. The classwork never challenged me but it never interested me either.

A teacher will make or break a class, and I guess I just had nothing but decent science teachers. None of them were particularly good at what they did but at least they didn't make the whole "learning process" insufferable which is about as much as can be said for 98% of every teacher I've ever had.

As for the scientific fields of study, if there are any that interest me more than others they'd be geology and meteorology. I seem to remember somewhat sorta almost being interested in some geology and meteorology units in school.

Why are the fields of science just "classes" to you? You are aware they exist beyond the classroom, right? Microbiology is my current favorite science, but I have not taken a "class" for it. The closest to a microbiology class I've taken was my bioscience technologies course, where I cultured and worked with bacteria.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Forensic and Genetic sciences are my favorite. I've always been interested in forensics and solving crimes, so that one was an obvious choice for me. But I took a genetics class on a whim in high school and ended up loving it. I felt like I didn't even have to try in that class, it just came so easy to me.

Chemistry is probably my least favorite, not because I hate it but more-so the fact that it involves quite a bit of math which I'm not great at. I really enjoy certain aspects of chemistry though. I just struggle with numbers so it just doesn't come as easily to me. I guess physics would also be one I really disliked, but have never really done anything with it so I can't comment on that much.

Also, if you count Psychology as a science I'm a big fan of that. I love learning about how the mind works and feel like it appeals to my empathetic side.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Forensic and Genetic sciences are my favorite.

Now that I can get behind. I once entertained the notion of becoming a forensic investigator. It's not a foregone conclusion, but maybe I'd have more interest in it if my school had a genetics class. One prereq science course I took in highschool could barely manage the single unit on genetics I had in all my years of schooling. Man, my education was lousy. It's a good thing I'm not adverse to reading.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Now that I can get behind. I once entertained the notion of becoming a forensic investigator. It's not a foregone conclusion, but maybe I'd have more interest in it if my school had a genetics class. One prereq science course I took in highschool could barely manage the single unit on genetics I had in all my years of schooling. Man, my education was lousy. It's a good thing I'm not adverse to reading.

Yeah, I've definitely considered a career in both fields before. The genetics class actually wasn't even added at my school until my senior year, so I got pretty lucky there. I had to choose a few electives to take and that seemed like one of the more interesting ones, so I'm glad I went for it. I don't feel like we went super in-depth in the class, but it was still fun to learn about more than just the basics they teach you in other science classes. My teacher had also previously worked in the field of genetics (I can't remember exactly how now, but I think it might have had something to do with genetics in pigs) so she had some insight on the actual field, rather than just teaching from a book.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I kinda hate them all TBH. Bio/chem (But without the bio because they're like nvm there's no bio in biochem so it was literally chem) sucked because it was just math 2: electric boogaloo

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Why are the fields of science just "classes" to you? You are aware they exist beyond the classroom, right? Microbiology is my current favorite science, but I have not taken a "class" for it. The closest to a microbiology class I've taken was my bioscience technologies course, where I cultured and worked with bacteria.

my post was not meant to offend anyone. I realize that science exists outside of the classroom but I'm talking specifically about science classes not fields of study. I wasn't really talking about fields of study at all but what classes you like or dislike

Kirino

Tatakae
I've always enjoyed and been good at biology, to the point of making it my minor. Within it, I'm especially fond of evolution and genetics. All science interests me, but the more it relies on math, the more I tend to distance myself from it, at least as far as classes are concerned.

Well, I have a bachelor's degree in chemistry and am currently pursuing my master's so I definitely enjoy chem. I've always thought chemistry has the best experiments and has a good balance of math and critical thinking.

As for other science classes, I have to echo others in here who enjoy genetics. I had some genetics in 8th grade and freshman year of high school, but I didn't really go deep until I took a genetics class sophomore year of university, which I found to be a great experience.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I hate chem past orgo 1. I every one says the the modeling is the easy portion but thats the part that I mess up every single time.
Every other science is fine Im working on getting back into my schools animal behavior program. Just need to finish saving up money. (change majors one too many times.)

If we are counting Physics then definitely physics. Chemistry I didn’t like until I took a water treatment class late in my engineering degree and could actually apply it to something useful. Bio I liked and didn’t at the same time cause I had to memorize a billion definitions and my memory is poor for that type of thing. Geology was cool though.

Astronomy and Physics were 100% my favourite, it's just really interesting to learn about space and things. I'm still fond of astronomy and space exploration. Always try to follow the latest news. I like to watch live webcam at https://worldcams.tv/other/international-space-station from International Space Station, it gives so amazing view on our planet. Want to buy a telescope one day.

Last edited:

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
When I was in school science was taught as a general subject with units making up biology, chemistry and physics. I was good at biology, I found physics interesting but I sucked at chemistry. However I generally enjoyed science. I really find genetic science interesting, and as I said, physics and learning about the universe. I found geology boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom