• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Scary/Creepy Experiences

Do you believe in ghosts?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Happy Halloween everyone! In the spirit of the holiday, I thought I would see if any of you all had any scary or creepy experiences you'd like to share. It doesn't have to be ghost stories (especially since some people don't believe in the paranormal), just anything unsettling that happened to you. And if you don't have any personal stories, feel free to tell if you have any favorite urban legends/myths!

karu

Panamaniac
Last week my cat barged into my room at like 2 am and it looked like he was following something with his eyes. I though it was a fly since his eyes moved from place to place. When I tried to get to sleep I heard sounds as if something was scratching at the walls. After turning my room upside done and finding nothing I just began to feel paranoid. The weird thing was the noise only came when I lay down in bed and my cat was still following something frantically now.

Then I looked out the window and saw a scary shadow in the middle of my back yard but the thing was there was nothing there, just a shadow of a person right in the freaking middle of the yard!!! then my cat left still following something that I am now convinced is a demon or something. I hope it just never happens again cause I had terrible nightmares cause of that

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I don't believe in ghosts, but I am open to the possibility that they might exist. But since I've personally never had an experience, I can't solidly say I believe in them. It's in my nature to be skeptical about everything.

But I can tell you a couple of famous local legends.
Not too far from where I live (about a 35 minute drive), there's the haunted Conneaut Hotel, which is said to be host to a bevy of ghosts. The most famous resident of the hotel is a woman by the name of Elizabeth. She and her husband were on their honeymoon in the 1940s when a fire broke out. The legend varies from person to person, but they all end the same -- she died in the fire. She haunts the third floor, Room 321 but some say they've spotted her throughout the hotel, and some have even spotted her at the amusement park next door.

There's a ghost book in the lobby that heavily features her. There's also the ghost of a former employee who died of a heart attack while working at the hotel and he may join you in the lobby; a little girl who was riding her tricycle in the hotel when she either tumbled down a flight of stairs or off a balcony and died. She haunts the halls, looking for a playmate or rides her trike on the porch, running into people; a local story of an old chef who dismembered a butcher in the kitchen; a spectral couple dancing in the ballroom and the ghost of a soldier has been spotted outside in a tree. Fortunately, the ghosts are said to be friendly.

When I was attending college, I had a friend in the theatre dept. who told me about a tradition they had. They had this charred doll head that was called Baby, and when it was time for a show, they would hide Baby somewhere on stage so that Emma, the woman who haunts the Miller Auditorium, would not sabotage a show. If Baby wasn't present, the show would be a disaster. The lights would also flicker and go out during rehearsals.

Emma is also said to haunt the North Hall. It was often said to be good luck if Emma watched over you while you slept. Students had also reported locked doors opening in the middle of the night, while others claimed they saw her cross sidewalks and go into North Hall.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I dont know whether ghosts exist or not. Or if it would be good or not if they did.
I haven't had any personal experiences with the paranormal so I'm not going to say yes. I know there are people who claim to have but since other explanations exist other than something there is currently no scientific evidence for the existence of I simply can't put myself in the believers camp.

As for scary experiences. There is nothing really stand out that doesn't involve eight legged fiends. I mean going out into the woods on your own at night as a young lad is pretty scary but there isn't a moment where I saw a strange figure or creature approach me which I can tell you about.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
As a general rule, I don't believe in things that have perfectly rational explanations having an alternate, crazy explanation. However, with ghosts I just don't know. I don't believe in them in the sense of them like, necessarily interacting with the world around them or whatever, but there have been a few incidences in the world which nobody has ever been able to explain, which are proven to not be hoaxes. So, I don't know. I suppose I'd like to believe in ghosts, but whether I actually do is a different question really.

When I was little I saw this red car in the parked in the driveway of our farm. I looked away for 1 second and looked back and it was gone.

I have a friend who was in these underground tunnels connecting buildings in a hospital. He saw this very distinctive looking doctor smile and walk by him. My friend turned around and the doctor wasn't there. There were no side hallways and no other place where this doctor could have hid. Just a long hallway with doors at each end.

Last week my cat barged into my room at like 2 am and it looked like he was following something with his eyes. I though it was a fly since his eyes moved from place to place. When I tried to get to sleep I heard sounds as if something was scratching at the walls. After turning my room upside done and finding nothing I just began to feel paranoid. The weird thing was the noise only came when I lay down in bed and my cat was still following something frantically now.

Then I looked out the window and saw a scary shadow in the middle of my back yard but the thing was there was nothing there, just a shadow of a person right in the freaking middle of the yard!!! then my cat left still following something that I am now convinced is a demon or something. I hope it just never happens again cause I had terrible nightmares cause of that

I think you were hearing mice in the walls and the shadow was most likely something further away you couldn't see.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
My friend accidentally dropped a bottle of white gas on me when I was making a campfire. Ysee he poured gas on the fire, the fire went up the trail of gas and he didn't want to get burned. So he dropped it. Right on my back. My whole left side of my body was covered in fire. Thankfully I was wearing a second sweatshirt that day. The Lord delivered me that day and thanks to the quick thinking of my friends and the proximity of a fire extinguisher, I suffered a minor burn on my left hand and some singed hair. It could have been much worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom