• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Saddest character fates in Zelda

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
OoT Link takes the Cake for sure. Of course it's the obvious answer, but he is so far ahead of everyone else I don't see why I shouldn;t mention it.

He saved the world and died an unknown
It gets worse when you think about what he went through. A lot of what he saw in OoT was... rough, to say the least. The deaths of your friends, the destruction of your home, rotting corpses, torture chambers, traveling through the innards of a giant god-fish... and then you remember that he went through all of that, even the adult stuff, with the mental maturity of a child. Yes, his body grew older, but without any experiences I doubt his mind did.
And then, after all of it was done, he went back in time to see it all taken away. It was no more. It could be better because of that... or it could be worse, because he'd feel alone. Nobody else remembered the alternate future. Nobody else saw the things he'd seen. Nobody would ever truly understand the horrors he'd witnessed.
That's some intense stuff right there.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
It gets worse when you think about what he went through. A lot of what he saw in OoT was... rough, to say the least. The deaths of your friends, the destruction of your home, rotting corpses, torture chambers, traveling through the innards of a giant god-fish... and then you remember that he went through all of that, even the adult stuff, with the mental maturity of a child. Yes, his body grew older, but without any experiences I doubt his mind did.
And then, after all of it was done, he went back in time to see it all taken away. It was no more. It could be better because of that... or it could be worse, because he'd feel alone. Nobody else remembered the alternate future. Nobody else saw the things he'd seen. Nobody would ever truly understand the horrors he'd witnessed.
That's some intense stuff right there.
Yeah he'd have some bad Nam flashbacks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom