• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

RP General Discussion/New Hosts Guide

Pen

The game is on!
What do you recommend personally out of all of them?

It really depends on what sort of RP you enjoy. Do you prefer dystopic settings, war settings, pirate adventures, world leaping, high school goofiness, Disney craziness, SAO side stories, or an alternte Twilight Princess story? :)

Pen

The game is on!
I'm inclined to disagree with Storm on that. Naturally you're more than welcome to join the ZD-i High School RP, but it's not nearly as active as some of the other RPs, so it might get boring to start with.

If I would recomend one I'd say either Hyrulean Civil War, The Rito's Beak or Dark Disney.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
Another reason I went after storm's is because I'm not sure how I feel about jumping into an already running RP.

Pen

The game is on!
Another reason I went after storm's is because I'm not sure how I feel about jumping into an already running RP.

I understand that. All the ones Deku listed are all currently ongoing, but the three I suggested haven't gone very far, so it would still be pretty easy to jump in. And we could easily give you a quick summary.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
There are a few that are easy to introduce characters to imo. ZDI High School, Gatewatch, SAO. The plot lines just make it easy to add a new character.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Yeah, the ones Pen brought up have barely started, and all the ones I listed (including those three) are easy for someone to join.
We don't tend to have a lot of new RPs, so waiting for one of those may take a while. If you have any questions or want story explanations, feel free to ask.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
You guys may have seen the references to the "Rasuliverse" and the "Aikoverse" in the OP, and I just wanted to explain it in a post just so we don't confuse people:

We'll start with the Aikoverse, so that's pretty simple. The entire story so far takes place over around 7 years, and it takes place in a world with a lot of anime tropes. The only connections are a few characters (Yato from High School and Ulrich from Sword Art Online both appear in Dark Disney, for example). You really don't need to worry about continuity here, especially since we may be getting into time travel soon in High School or Maid RPG, but it's still somewhat technically connected.

Rasuliverse, on the other hand, is confusing. It follows the basic Zelda timeline, with Year Zero being the end of Skyward Sword. There is one active pre-split RP (Hyrulean Civil War), a few that exist in obvious places in the timeline (Rito's Beak and Lightbringer), and a number that don't fit in the mold of the Zelda timeline. These RPs take place in a fourth split called the "Dark God Timeline", which splits off from the Adult Timeline about two years after OoT. It goes from the split that happens in Realmwalker all the way to Hyrule Dystopia in the 22nd century. There's also an offsite superhero RP called Heroes of Avalon Falls, which is open to anyone who wants to join.
There's also Gatewatch, for which the best explanation is don't worry about continuity with that one. There's too much time travel involved in the first place to worry about that.
Like the Aikoverse, lots of RPs are only connected by some charaters, but the difference here is the worldbuilding - namely the near-extinction of the people of Hyrule that was completed just prior to Post-Apocalyptic LoZ. While the nation was later repopulated by immagrants, it still has a lasting effect on a number of other Roleplays, most notably Shadows of Twilight.

If you have any questions about these, myself, @Libk ,@Storm, @Pendio , and @Mido are all familiar with these universes. @Domozilla777 mostly understands Rasuliverse and @Woyogoyo seems to have figured out the Aikoverse pretty well.

If you want your RP to be part of those universes, contact someone on that list and they'll help figure out how to work it in.
It may sound confusing, but as a whole you don't have to worry about it. It's just really to explain things like why there are barely any Gerudo in Shadows of Twilight, or why this Rasul guy seems to show up in just about everything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom