• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Replaying Games

Do you like replaying the same game over again?

• Yes

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Do you enjoy replaying games that you have already beaten? Do you like to relive the story or do you get bored easily during a second playthrough?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Chances are if I'm replaying a game, it's because I've enjoyed it a lot, so I doubt I'll get bored during the second playthrough, but it's very rarely to relive the story. Just to enjoy more of the game! Only if it's a game with lots of branching stories and decisions to make will I not just skip through all the cutscenes, even if I made myself cry a bit by doing every renegade option replaying Mass Effect. I wanted to punch myself by the end! But games like Witcher 2 have almost entirely differant stories depending on the decisions you make, so titles like that, Mass Effect, etc. owe themselves a second play-through. The 'What if' playthrough, as I say.

octorok74

TETTAC
Of course I enjoy it. It means to me that you can tackle things a different way or just have fun. I do find it a bit hard replaying a game after I get every achievement though, but I find a way.

Pen

The game is on!
I love playing games that I enjoy over and over! Especially games with awesome gameplay such as the Zelda games. ^^ Ocarina of Time for example I've beaten at least 6 times, Skyward Sword at least 7 times, and Twilight Princess I've beaten a total of at least 9 times. So yeah, I can replay games a whole lot, but I guess it's strongly dependent on the gameplay in my case. For instance, I beat Super Mario Galaxy 2 100% three times in one summer once... hehe.

D

Deleted member 14134

Maybe years later if I feel it was good enough but I don't want to/don't have the time to play the same game several times over.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Depends on the game. I do tend to replay a lot of the ones I own. I've played through the original Bioshock quite a bit, and would test out different methods and abilities. I think I found an all wrench run the most fun.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I generally replay games many times, and I usually play differently on subsequent playthroughs. I usually like to challenge myself, so I might start off my second playthrough by getting 100%, then do some challenge playthroughs (ex. with minimal health or upgrades), then maybe try my hands at speedrunning the game. Of course, I have to like the game enough to want to replay it.

I usually replay Zelda games, if anything to experience the story and level design again. I've played through each of the 3D console games at least twice, with SS being the only one I've played through twice. The others I've beaten at least 10 times each. I should replay SS soon; maybe I'll go for 100%.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
Oh for me it depends on the game and the period of time I last played it. With simple platformers like kirby adventure I usually play once a year. Quick, decent difficulty and very fun. When I have an itch to scratch it is usually one of my go to games.

Deadrising 2 with the amount of things you can do, the new game+ and the fun of killing thousands of zombies. It had me play it a few times in a row. A short game that has multiple paths I can play a few times in a row. Other then that I only return to a game after a year or so. When I remember it a bit fondly and decide it.

I replay games fairly often, i dont see the point in only going through a game once after spending so much money on it. Mostly though theyre games i enjoyed and would love to go through again, so i do.

I also like games with different view points that ask you to go through the game numerous times like Tales of Xillia, it helps if the game has a decent story too. But yeah i replay my games. I've been playing Wind Waker almost daily for over a decade now, i have no idea how many times i've gone through that game now.

Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime
Tales of Xillia
Shadow of the Colossus
Journey
Kirby's Adventure Wii/Return to Dreamland
Kirby's Fun Pak/Superstar
And soon Fire Emblem Awakening

Are jsut some of the games i've been through more times than i can count.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
Yes, I replay games many times. Usually when I'm bored or haven't played said game for long time, or in some times just to trying to 100 % game. Sometimes I just want to feel the atmosphere and great moments again and again.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm someone who likes to go back and re-read, re-watch, and re-play. I think a big part of a thing's value is whether I can enjoy it all over again. The best games, the best movies and shows, the best books are those that I can go back to and experience all over again without feeling like that experience is ruined. In a book or story in general I will notice details I missed the first time around, in shows/movies I can compare the characters at different points in their journeys, and also notice bits I might have overlooked the first time around. And with games, I will play it differently, try other tactics, make different choices and see how that changes the experience.

Djinn

and Tonic
Looks like an awful lot of people have not played Chrono Trigger in here.

Half the time I replay games with a story that I really like and playing it is like watching something again. Final Fantasy and Square in general falls into this.

The rest of the time it is because I can play for a while without actually getting anywhere, like a total time waster sandbox style game where you have things to go do that are not important to the game but still fun to do. Those I will play just for the hell of it and not care that I beat that mission already, or that I beat the game a year ago. Playing through is not even the point in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom