• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art REMAKE OF THE GREAT DESERT!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I've finally started work (beyond just gabbing with my co-creator) on a long-overdue reboot of a "classic" fanfiction of mine.

"The Great Desert" was a Legend of Zelda science-fiction western. It was alternate universe, of course, and followed a new era Link in Zelda in a desert Hyrule fighting against the machinations of President Ganondorf and a dubious character in the royal family. It featured Link making use of a six-gun and a hat that wasn't floppy, bringing water and life to ghost town Kakakariko and Goddesses that had come to Hyrule from their legendary "distant nebula" in an actual starship ... and Link discovering the remains of their expedition uncovered by the desert winds.

All-in-all, weird, but so much fun to write I wanted to write it again (particularly after Skyward Sword came out... the original TGD was written before SS existed and just when I thought my co-writer's sci-fi ideas were a little over the top - wham! SS showed Nintendo actually doing stuff like that)!

Anyway, "The Greater Desert" is an expansion. I wrote up an extensive prologue for it.

The Greater Desert, a legend of zelda fanfic | FanFiction

Posting a link because I'm too lazy to do formatting for the board right now and I'm not sure the effort is warranted when so few people ever actually respond to my writing threads here. So, if you've read the original Great Desert before and want to see what the remake will evolve into or if you haven't read it, but are curious about the premise of a sci-fi/wild west Hyrule... well, there you go, a link... or a Link, :) if you prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom