• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Release Date?

Release Date for Skyward Sword

• Surprise! It's ready in time for Christmas 2010!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • January or February 2011

• March or April 2011

• May or June 2011

• July, August, or September 2011

• October, November, or December 2011

• Total voters

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
From what I saw, it seems like they have a long way to go. I am guessing summer 2011, around the time SMG 2 was released this year (so May). Thoughts?

J

joeynintendo

march or april it looks like they need some touch ups to link.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
january, february or even march, I'm not really sure why but i dont think they will make it in time for the holidays or they will hold it back to polish the overall game up. Who knows, but it seems like most people agree (so far...) that it will be out after the holidays. Maybe that's because Nintendo has so many other crazy games announced for a holiday release that they might save Zelda Wii for later.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
well, all of this is really complicated. first, my birth day will come up soon so I've asked for gift cards to buy a PS3 and some games. so once christmas comes around I will be able to obtain a wii motion plus and then more gift cards, so then i will be able ot get and fully enjoy skyward sword

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
They'll probably release it around a holiday. It just seems business smart. 2011 seems so far away to wait for a game with this much suspense.

:mastersword: The Seventh Hierarch :mastersword:

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
I'd rather them release it in the spring or even summer just so we can be assured that they didn't rush anything, everything runs as smooth as it possibly can and cannot be developed any further, and we don't have another Twilight Princess fiasco. I'd probably go mad with excitement/impatience but in the grand scheme of things it'd be for the best.

Of course in terms of business, it would be wise to get it out around the holiday season but still. This game's already fairly anticipated ... so maybe selling it around the holiday won't make much of a difference?

It's probaly going to be released close to Pokemon Black and White. Also, cuz mai birthday's in March.
Or, maybe we will a get lucky and it comes out in January and it's still good.

A

Aurafox

I wish the first answer was true v_v. Of course, you don't wanna rush it or it will turn out as another VERY dissapointing game...

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
We'd would all like to believe that it will come out around Christmas time, but they said they would have to work on a few dungeons and polish the graphics, so I'm guessing around March or April. I'm hoping it's March because then I could get it right smack on my birthday. (April 2nd) Well, if it's March-April, then we can be assured that they didn't rush and they took their time to make Skyward Sword. Besides, if it came out around the holidays, wouldn't having back to back Zelda games look like Skyward Sword was rushed? They said most of the staff from Spirit Tracks was working on Skyward Sword, so I say March-April 2011.

i like all of you hope that it would be out as soon as possible, but that does not seem soon. we have not heard enough to say that they have created the bulk of the game yet, and that takes time. therefore i suspect a Christmas 2011 release, and they will have had it done for a few months at that point, but are waiting for Christmas and big sails as a result. they are no fools. i hope, though, that this does not mean another lame filler.

bds1110

Imp
Release Date

I didn't see another thread about this, so I thought I'd make one. Forgive me if I missed it.

Anyway, I went into GameStop the other day to buy Super Mario Galaxy 2. When I was done paying for it, the guy asked me if there was any game I was looking forward to. I said, "Skyward Sword." He said, "Yeah, that one's gonna be great! Do you want to pre-order it?" I replied, "Wow, already? Doesn't it come out in 2011?" He said, "Hold on a sec." He checked on the computer and said, "Yup, sure is. Says here it's scheduled for May 2011." I declined the offer for the pre-order (GameStop is about an hour and a half from my house).
So have you guys heard any other dates? Do you believe what he said?

Useless info:

The guy at the opposite counter said, "By the way, that is an AWESOME shirt." I said, "Thanks." (It shows a picture of the Triforce and says, 'May the Triforce be with you' :xd:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom