• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Relation to Zelda and Impa Harp?

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
It's clearly an intentional connection, whether or not it's the same harp or just an "easter egg". However, it's safe to assume it's the same one, passed on from generation to generation.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Wow, I just made the exact same connection earlier today and it got me thinking. It is said that in the timeline Ocarina of Time comes AFTER Skyward Sword and in the end of Skyward Sword Zelda says she would like to stay on the surface and who's on the surface? IMPA! So is it possible that before the Skyward Sword incarnation of Zelda passes away she gives the harp to Impa. Maybe it is also possible that the Shiekah have an extended life span, and Impa gives the harp to Sheik, which results in Shiek ending up with the harp. Alot of this stuff is a guess which is why it is a THEORY!! But it is probably one of the theories that makes the most sense. Let me know if this gets any ideas going in your brain. :)
Theories are not guesses. Theories are made up of evidence, not maybes and possibles.

In SS, Zelda says that it's supposedly "just like the one the goddess was said to have in the legends." Just like it, but not necessarily the same one. This suggests that it's not unreasonable to assume there is more than one. I used to think it was the same instrument between SS and OoT, but looking at that quote, I don't think I'm willing to make any claims stronger than that they are similar. Sheik's harps is "just like the one SS-Zelda was said to have in the legends."

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Wow, I just made the exact same connection earlier today and it got me thinking. It is said that in the timeline Ocarina of Time comes AFTER Skyward Sword and in the end of Skyward Sword Zelda says she would like to stay on the surface and who's on the surface? IMPA! So is it possible that before the Skyward Sword incarnation of Zelda passes away she gives the harp to Impa. Maybe it is also possible that the Shiekah have an extended life span, and Impa gives the harp to Sheik, which results in Shiek ending up with the harp. Alot of this stuff is a guess which is why it is a THEORY!! But it is probably one of the theories that makes the most sense. Let me know if this gets any ideas going in your brain. :)
Red the rules please, it's not theory, it's speculation.

FosterTheNation

The Better of The Best
Woah, they have the exact same shape. I never noticed that before. It totally makes sense. The harp was just passed down the line it seems like.

Yes Zelda's harp in SS was fashioned after the goddess' harp, but it still doesn't mean that the one Shiek uses is not the same one passed down from SS Zelda. It's definitely a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom