• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Recreating Link in the Elder Scrolls

If any of you have played any of the games in the main Elder Scrolls franchise (most recently Skyrim) you'll be aware of the ability to customize your character. I've been interesting in recreating Link in an ES game and was hoping to get some thoughts from y'all on the matter. This will mostly be Skyrim based as it's the most recent but I want to make it so it could apply to previous games like Morrowind and Oblivion, so I'll use categories used in those games.

Name: Link
Race: Bosmer (Wood Elf)
Birthsign/standing stones: ??? (Not sure what I would pick here, could use some advice)
Specialization: Combat
Favored Attributes: Agility and Strength (Maybe Endurance in place of one of those two?)

Major Skills:

Blade: This one is obvious.

Block: Again, pretty obvious as Link carries a shield.

Marksmanship: Link's trusty bow and arrows.

Alchemy: Link is known to carry around potions in LoZ games, so an Alchemy skill would make sense

Destruction: Link uses various magical skills and artifacts throughout the series, items like the fire and ice rod in ALTTP and the medallions, and in OoT Din's fire.

Maybe in Oblivion and Morrowind round it out with Athletics and Acrobatics?

After this I get a bit hazy on what would be some appropriate skills, here are some ideas:

Enchanting: I don't believe Oblivion has a separate enchanting skill, correct me if I am wrong, but Skyrim and Morrowind do so I'd add it here. Link can enchant set of blue clothes (or a set of armor like the TP Zora's tunic) to have a water breathing enchantment. Likewise a set of red clothes to have fire resistance.

Light armor: We'll be mostly wearing tunics and the like, however certain boots or gauntlets he might wear could benefit from a light armor skill.

Restoration or Alteration: For Wards, or defensive spells (like Oakflesh), thinking of spells like Nayru's love in OoT.

Other possible skills:

Blunt: Link has been known to use a hammer a couple times in the series so this would fit, though I doubt I'd use it.

Mysticism: Not in SKyrim, but it I make link in Morrowind this would work as a minor skill, mainly just because of the Mark and Recall spells (i.e. Farore's Courage in OoT).

Unarmored: A good possible minor skill in Morrowind

Thoughts? I'd love to make a Link character and wonder how you guys would do it or what your thoughts are.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Morrowind is the only game I have on the PC and not console, so I can only mod that. Besides, I like doing character builds within the confines of the game. It's more fun that way than a mod imo.

Well in some ways that's true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom