• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Recommendation- Wind Waker or Links Awakening DX?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I don't see what's so bad about travelling in WW. If you plan your trips well, you can get a lot done with very little travelling. I think I only had problems the first time I played when I had no idea what I was doing.
The only thing that really annoyed me was having to warp to Forest Haven every 3 pictures I took.

C

Crimson Titan

Wind Waker actually got extremely boring to me. I like how huge the map is, but you go so terribly slow in your boat it's almost torture. I loved the gameplay and animation style and storyline, but the sailing really turned me off to the game.

I would personally recommend getting A Link to the Past next. Aside from OOT it seems to be the most loved Zelda game. If you don't have an SNES you can pick it up for GBA and I think you can also download it for Wii Virtual Console from the Wii Shop Channel.

Also, I have NEVER had a problem with the batteries going out on GB/GBC/GBA games before. I still have my Link's Awakening I got at launch and the battery is still fine in it.

Link's Awakening is an amazing game, and I would highly recommend it. You can pick it up for $10-15 from anywhere that sells older video games. I would definitely recommend getting the DX version though. The black and white graphics are great nostalgia for those who played it when it came out, but newcomers to the game will find it much more appealing with color. Plus there's no price difference between the two anyways.

If you have a DS then definitely pick up Phantom Hourglass. It is an amazing game and the best DS game I have ever played.

The Minish Cap is a great handheld game and is worth a try when you get done playing some of the others.

Four Swords Adventures for Gamecube is super fun, especially if you have 3 friends who have GBAs and link cables. (You can buy the cables at used game stores super cheap)

Since you already have LoZ, AoL, OOT, MM, WW, and TP I would recommend this order for picking up your next games: LTTP, LA DX, PH, 4SA, TMC, ST, OOS/OOA. Best part is these are all under $20 except for the DS ones.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Since you already have LoZ, AoL, OOT, MM, WW, and TP I would recommend this order for picking up your next games: LTTP, LA DX, PH, 4SA, TMC, ST, OOS/OOA. Best part is these are all under $20 except for the DS ones.
I agree with LttP first. Great game. I got mine on Wii VC (along with LoZ/AoL/OoT..went on a Zelda VC shopping spree when I got back into the series!).
I think you should get ST right after PH though, and TMC before FSA. So my suggestion would be more like
LttP, LA DX, PH, ST, TMC, FSA, OoX.

Also, WW only gets boring near the end when you have to search for the ToC pieces, and if you do the Pictograph side-quest.

WW without a doubt, it was the first game i played legitly, and the first i beat. The sailing can get old, but youll get used to it. Overall, the best game on gamecube i have ever played!

4VaatiTurtle

Well, I am a Wind Waker fan, so I say buy Wind Waker. And actually, it is one of the longest games :P . Well, it seems longest because one HUGE chunk of the game is very tedious. (oops, didnt mean to spoil, ya :P)

Steve

5/19/13
I think this one will depend on whether you like the old or newer games. I personally would choose The Wind Waker, mainly due to it's original style of gameplay in a sense, because I have always enjoyed the sailing. Further more, I like games that take a long time to complete, and I've beaten Link's Awakening in less than a day on numerous occasions.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, what Zelda games have you played in the past?

If ALttP, LoZ, or OoX have been your favorite games so far, then go for LADX.

If OoT, MM, or TP have been your favorite games so far, then go for WW.

I'd honestly recommend playing both of them if you can find the means, though. They're both good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom