• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rayman Origins. Is It Any Good?

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I want to get the Wii platformer called Rayman Origins because it looks really fun. IGN gave it a 9.0, have any of you guys played it? Tell me what you think!

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
As a warning i'm going to start off by saying that i'm slightly biased, Rayman was the franchise I grew up with so it has a little instant like in my mind.
I also don't know whether there's any difference between the game versions.

However, i've played through the demo version on the Xbox and it looks pretty darn good. It's similar game play wise to the first game so it's worth a spin if you liked that one. The graphics look lovely, nice and bright, and from the trailers and such the story looks to be a silly yet entertaining one.

As far as I can tell it's a pretty simply two button platformer, maybe a little on the easy side but that could have just been the demo being 'nice' to potential players.

And midway through writing this my collector's edition turned up. Funny how the world works.

I've been playing through it all this week and I must say I'm pretty hooked. The controls are tight. The gameplay is solid. Plus the art is gorgeous and the music is amazing! What more could you need?

[video=youtube;fm4CXA-YBiA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm4CXA-YBiA&feature=BFa&list=PLA3A189E48D95C8CA[/video]

Very fun, If you have friends play it with them. The artwork is stunning, the gameplay is captivating the music is perfect.

So the multiplayer mode. Is it really hectic? Similar to new super mario bros?

Rayman origins. did what Mario bros should of done. Great multi-player. it fairs well and isn't hectic at all. It's fun with no annoyance packed into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom