• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate your favourite video game series

Everyone has a video game series or two that they'll follow into the next generation of consoles because they love them so much. For me its The Legend of Zelda, the sole reason i own a Wii and WiiU (after saying to myself that the Gamecube would be my last console) is so that i can play the latest installments of Zelda...

This is a thread to rate the games in your favourite series that you've played and to rate the series as a whole.

Has your favourite series had about ten games but only perhaps three have been decent? (Like Silent Hill?)
Do you still love a series that has changed its spots? (Like Resident Evil?)
Or do you love a series that has been consistently brilliant throughout with only one stumble? (Like Metroid with Other M?)

Have fun.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
tumblr_lrxm3u6PVC1qctopm.jpg

Princess Peach from Mario?
Did I do it right?

-Tekken, by far, is the best franchise game to me. I have been playing Tekken in tournaments and with friends for 15 years now. Used to moderate on the biggest tekken forums, traveled all across the US to play.
-Resident Evil is probably my favorite story series that gets a decent amount of games.
-Starcraft is probably my second favorite mp series after tekken.
-Diablo, I loveeeee diablo. 1-3 all gravy.
-I would say Doom if Doom 4 is like the first games, Doom 3 was okay but its the originals that I love.
-I used to really like Final Fantasy but really never had the drive to finish them after FF9.
-Metal Gear is pretty high up there as well.
-Zelda is a great series, probably top 5 with a large amount of games.
-Uncharted up there.
-God of War though I haven't got around playing 3 yet.
-Tenchu if it still existed would be fantastic...

Ok here are my top game franchises/Universes/IPs in random order:

Quell - It's just a trilogy of puzzle games. But the atmosphere and the warm fuzzy feeling I get when playing the games simply can't be topped. Love this IP.
Secret of Monkey Island - I played the 2nd game first. And it was really quirky and just fun. I soon after played the first game and it was just as good. 3 and 4 were not as good but still very fun. and the 5 part newer game is good too, even if I've only finished the first 2 parts of it. A great pirate IP where it's not all about cannons and fighting. And I really like the humour the game has.
Diablo - All 3 games are extremely good. Sure 2 and 3 only got really got once their expansion packs hit. And the whole universe surrounding the games is almost better than the games themselves. And there's a lot you can learn about yourself if you think about heaven and hell and sin vs doing good.
Starcraft - Another Blizzard masterpiece of an IP. And great lore here too. I like thinking about our future and how it'll pan out. I don't think there will be other non Earth species in it. But the rest about visiting other worlds could just be true. And the games are really good too. HotS though was not all that good though. But it's not bad either.
Sim City - I remember playing the original. But Sim City 2000 was where it was at for a long time. A totally amazing game. Really something unlike anything else out there at the time. Sure it was flawed but it was very fun. Sim City 4 was just as good in my opinion. The new SIm City though is just a piece of trash. It might have gotten better since it's release, I'll have t check that out.
Star Fox - I just liked the games is all. Everyone I have played were just so fun. Even Assault which was not all that good was still fun. The lore here is weak at best so I just ignore that and have fun.
Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles - I detest the Final Fantasy main series, I think they are terrible. But FF:CC I really like. The lore of the 4 races and how they have mixed together in society was just so well done. And the cartoony nature on the games made them really easy on the eyes.

A side note - I play the good Zelda and Mario games because they are damn amazing. I didn't list them above as I don't really love their overall universe. Sure I'll talk about the Zelda lore and I do own the Hyrule Hysteria book. That's because I find Zelda lore interesting. But to me Zelda lore is just as broken and disjointed as Warcraft Lore is. Mario does not have a lore worth talking about. And very few people even care about that, they just enjoy the games, as I do too.

Mido

Version 1
Star Fox has always been at the top of my game-loving pyramid. I've been mesmerized with the series since the age of three, and that has not stopped! Each game had something to enjoy (although I never got to experience the original installment) and for the most part, the games never let me down. The story in the series is also pretty solid. If anything, I think the biggest issue with the series right now is its lack of direction. It never seemed that Star Fox was able to solidify its identity as a series since Assault, which offered a slice of the series's future, but I think it didn't go far enough. Command was decent enough, but never really held my interest for too long. With Nintendo's new Star Fox project coming in after nine years of waiting, I am extremely eager to see what's in store!

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Grand Theft Auto (10/10)
  1. San Andreas
  2. GTA V
  3. GTA IV
Legend of Zelda (9.8)
  1. Twilight Princess
  2. Majora's Mask
  3. Ocarina of Time
Fallout (9.6)
  1. Fallout New Vegas
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Fallout Brotherhood of Steel - haven't played 1 or 2 =(

There are other series that I love, but these are my top 3.

For me it's Kingdom Hearts. KH3 is the only reason for wanting a PS4.

Then Final Fantasy

Legend Of Zelda

Tomb Raider

Pokémon

Tales of series

Atelier series

Spyro

Epic Mickey

Sonic the hedgehog

Last edited:

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
Me? Heh, that's a tough one. The series I DO love happen to only have one or two games at the moment!

Team Fortress 2
Yea, there was Team Fortress Classic, but I don't have that game yet! Thus, I'll merely describe TF2. Made by the company Valve, it has an amazing balance between classes, fun little personalities for each class, fast-paced action, and more! There's so much to this game you could write an entire essay off of it!

Overall: 10/10
You can't get enough of this game once you pick it up. There are a few minor things they need to work on, but its still amazing anyways.

Terraria
Terraria was made by Re-Logic, owned by engaged Andrew "Redigit" Spinks and Whitney "Cenx" Baird. It's a simple 2D survival game similar to Minecraft and Starbound in appearance, but oh so much different. With a myriad of armors and weapons, its central gameplay corresponds to combat. So many different monsters, all out to kill you while you mine, chop, and survive your way on a single island of sorts.

Overall: 9/10
Terraria is a vast game, but once you get the best equipment there isn't much you can do except build. If you go onto multiplayer servers, you can find a friendly mass of players looking for a little extra to try out, such as PvP.

Legend of Zelda
I seriously don't have to describe it. This is a Zelda Forum, you should know what it's all about!

Overall: 9/10
It takes a bit to get new games, but it's still definitely worth it.

HyrulePug

You're meeting all of my standards!
Uh, let's see. The last video game I played was...Winx. That is so embarrassing. It's a horrible game and it sucks but I play it anyway. Why do I do this stuff to myself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom