• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the last Zelda game you played.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Beath of the Wild:

88/100, so decent.

Exploration saved this game. Good thing I love exploration. Shrines were fun to find, but not complete, Seeds were fun to find, climbing was good, ToTS was fantastic, story was poor, combat was pretty fun, ect

Breath of the Wild:
7.5/10 - not a bad game but there is a lot of, well, you know

Ocarina of Time:
8/10 - a bit of a cliche but is a great game. The only problem is the replayability

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I have the feeling we'll get a lot of BotW on this question. 97. I'm not hipster enough to give it a lower score, the game was more than phenomenal, it was the game against which all future Zelda games (and many non-Zelda games) will be measured. A score of 97 from for me does not mean that there was nothing that could have been better, it's a rating of the game overall as weighed against every other video game I've ever played. It is a heavily engaging game in my opinion. Several things in the game were far beyond anything I've ever experienced in a video game and the things that I would have preferred to be different were still executed to the finest extent that a video game publisher could execute them.

I want to give special praise to the weapon durability system. I realised just today how perfect it is. I was watching a YouTube video about weapon durability in the Fire Emblem series and realized that I love the tactical element of being prepared with specific and varied weapons in those games as well as in BotW. I really like being forced to shift my strategy based on the weapons available to me. If course, this is person, subjective opinion, but it's valid as a biased opinion.

Then, I was playing Skyrim today (on the Switch, totally worth buying for the convenience) and I came across my first Falmer and looted the body. My first thought was, "Awesome, now I have the chance to use this cool new bow!" And my second thought, immediately following the first, was, "Oh wait, it's weaker than my glass bow, I guess I'll never have occasion to use any Falmer bow, how disappointing." It's not like Skyrim is flawed because of this, but I prefer the BotW way of doing things. Because of the absolute solidity of BotW, 97.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I have the feeling we'll get a lot of BotW on this question. 97. I'm not hipster enough to give it a lower score, the game was more than phenomenal, it was the game against which all future Zelda games (and many non-Zelda games) will be measured. A score of 97 from for me does not mean that there was nothing that could have been better, it's a rating of the game overall as weighed against every other video game I've ever played. It is a heavily engaging game in my opinion. Several things in the game were far beyond anything I've ever experienced in a video game and the things that I would have preferred to be different were still executed to the finest extent that a video game publisher could execute them.

I want to give special praise to the weapon durability system. I realised just today how perfect it is. I was watching a YouTube video about weapon durability in the Fire Emblem series and realized that I love the tactical element of being prepared with specific and varied weapons in those games as well as in BotW. I really like being forced to shift my strategy based on the weapons available to me. If course, this is person, subjective opinion, but it's valid as a biased opinion.

Then, I was playing Skyrim today (on the Switch, totally worth buying for the convenience) and I came across my first Falmer and looted the body. My first thought was, "Awesome, now I have the chance to use this cool new bow!" And my second thought, immediately following the first, was, "Oh wait, it's weaker than my glass bow, I guess I'll never have occasion to use any Falmer bow, how disappointing." It's not like Skyrim is flawed because of this, but I prefer the BotW way of doing things. Because of the absolute solidity of BotW, 97.
I feel the same way when it comes to the weapon breaking mechanic! Really forces you to strategize, otherwise the game would be too easy in that respect..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom