• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

The last movie I watched was The wolf of Wall Street. It was ok, but I'd say it was much too long. The funny parts were more than half way through the movie.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Ben Stiller played the role of his life, IMO. He successfully plays an awkward character who a lot of people can really relate to. The humor is non stop and it transitions very nicely. The best part is the movie has an amazing soundtrack that screams adventure and literally have me goosebumps. A great inspirational film that I strongly suggest anyone should go see.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Saw The Secret Life of Walter Mitty with my family earlier this week, and it was pretty damn stunning. Impressions make me want to give it a 9/10.

I spent the last few remaining hours of 2013 viewing Anchorman 2. The nonsense plot made it feel of nothing but cheap laughs, yet I found it hilarious. 7/10, I reckon.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Watched "The Way, Way Back" with my family the other day. It was pretty good, a nice coming of age story. The movie didn't have a full conclusion, but that what was one of the best parts of it. Steve Carrel played a jerk, and it was nice differene from his usual goofy role.

I give it a 7/10

Garo

Boy Wonder
The Wolf of Wall Street.

This is Scorsese's best film since Goodfellas. It has so much bite for a film that has - you know what I'm going to leave it here as this movie is so absurdly inappropriate and obscene that I can't really make the point that needs to be made while skirting the objectionable content. Suffice to say it's a condemnation of Wall Street greed and opulence that is really, really biting.

A.

Her.

I don't know what to think about this film. During the first half I was ready to call it the best film of the year - it was stunning, brilliant, touching, just all around a perfect perfect film. But the second half seemed to thematically undercut the first half, and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that or the reasoning behind it yet.

But you know what? It's got me thinking. It's got me thinking hard about the place of technology and our relationship with it. And that's a success.

B, pending further thoughts.

Anastasia (1997)-Haven't watched this movie in years, but after seeing it again, I think it's a pretty good movie. It may be historically inaccurate, but that fact really doesn't hurt the movie for me. 8/10.

Winnie the Pooh-Cute little movie, but way too short. 8/10.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Inside Llewyn Davis.

This is one of the best Coen brothers films and one of the best films of 2013. It's outstanding in every way. Beautifully shot with wonderfully washed out colors to create a spellbinding black-and-white-with-color effect. Fantastic music, both diegetic folk songs and non-diegetic score. Exceptional performances, especially from relative newcomer Oscar Isaac as the title character. It's got such an affecting understanding of what music means to the people who make it, but also of the way that making it can take its toll on a person. It's not some magic cure-all for one's ails, and the film presents it just as it is: something worth fighting for, but something that often fights back just as hard.

A

Fluppy Dogs.

God, the only time I saw this movie was on the Disney Channel (back when it wasn't crappy). It was decent, but not anything special. I'm surprised it was originally a pilot for a cancelled TV series. Wish the show happened because I loved the premise of it. Meh, one can dream.

I'll probably give it a 6/10 since it does have it's flaws, but again, it's still an okay movie.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Last night I saw Cloud Atlas, but I really didn't see all of it since I was hunting a shiny. But still, it's a pretty good movie. 9/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom