• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
We're watching A Civil Action in Law class.

I have never been a big fan of John Travolta to be honest, and I really don't feel like this is one of his better performances. However, it is proving to be a fairly interesting court film, with some humour added. Overall, it's not too bad; just not my type of movie.

Based on actual filmography, I give it a 6.5-7/10. Based on my own personal judgment (haha geddit ^^), I give it a 6/10.

Ringing Bell.

Despite being an anime movie for children, it's actually pretty dark. It starts off pretty cutesy, but as soon as the main character's (Chirin) mother gets killed by the Wolf King, Chirin goes off to seek revenge. Even though I watched the English version of this movie, it's still pretty good (I'll probably end up watching the Japanese version someday). I give it a 7/10.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Alfonso Cuarón's Gravity. Four stars out of four.

This film was stellar. It was a potent disaster piece that reminds us all why we, as a species, have been so fascinated with space throughout our history.

Just got back from seeing Gravity. My friend and I saw it after I was saying it looked terrible but for some reason it got good reviews. Those reviews were very accurate. It's hard to say what this movie is about without giving away too much, but it's really unlike anything you've ever seen before. It is probably best for most in IMAX unless you (like me) have motion sickness. In which case watch this movie in the very back of a normal sized movie theater. Like I said, it's hard to pinpoint what this movie is, but it's pretty emotional and at times slightly frightening (feels a lot like a disaster movie), so it's definitely worth seeing. 4/5

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Silent Hill: Revelations 1/10

This movie was not good at all in my opinion. It was too obviously based off of a video game. The plot wasn't deep and it just threw you into it, the love interest giving the girl the biggest secret he has been taught to keep hidden after a single day. He turned his back on everything he knew because of one day! This isn't Romeo & Juliet where we fall in love instantly!

That and the fact that it seems like an expository. The first half is just the main character being told the history, then not everything is explained in depth. I still don't understand what happened in the end! Awful, hated it.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Gravity, with George Clooney & Sandra Bullock..

was a decent movie, although still don't understand why it's listed under "Sci-Fi" nor why it has so much praise on the internet, it's a good movie but not really the best of the year (IMO :kawaii:) lol. Hmm, maybe just me and my nitpicking, who knows.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
She's The Man

8/10

I mean it's good if you're into chick flicks xD It had the perfect combo of montages, romance, and hilarity

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
World War Z
7/10

Absolutely nothing like the novel, but still a fun zombie flick (the ending felt kind of rushed though, and it lacked 'impact').

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom