• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Feverish

Source of stink
Maze Runner 2: 4/10
Very predictable jump scares, the story was ruined by all the zombies, kinda boring
Normally I'm not too big on telling everyone the book was better for movies, but in this case, the movie is absolute garbage compared to the book. Hell, even without comparing it to the book it's bad. I'd give it a 2 myself

Ambient Nomad

Home Starmy
Watched An Honest Liar, a documentary about The Amazing Randi, a magician and skeptic. Highly recommended, especially if you're interested in magicians, the paranormal, or just all around cool people.

Feverish

Source of stink
I thought it was pretty good, even on my second watch. Sucks the twist was ruined for you, I went into it with a completely blank slate and the twist was not very obvious unless you were REALLY looking for it. The second watch was cool because you got to see some of those "ohhhhh" moments.

Have you seen Unbreakable yet?
I've been told that Unbreakable was a good one. My main problem with Shyamalan movies is they rely completely on a twist, instead of the whole movie being good and having a twist to spice it up a lot. Plus, his Avatar movie. He went on to say people just didn't understand his directing style for that one. That said, I loved signs and the Happening was an alright movie, and the Visit was a good laugh

I've been told that Unbreakable was a good one. My main problem with Shyamalan movies is they rely completely on a twist, instead of the whole movie being good and having a twist to spice it up a lot. Plus, his Avatar movie. He went on to say people just didn't understand his directing style for that one. That said, I loved signs and the Happening was an alright movie, and the Visit was a good laugh
Well when The Sixth Sense came out no one knew him enough to know a twist was coming. But watch Unbreakable and get back to me bud :D.

The Happening was the worst.

Lanky Kong

borf
pete's dragon
4/10
if i could think of a metaphor to describe the tone of this movie, it would be a flat, infinite line. pretty much nothing happens, we know nothing is at stake, and overall it's kind of boring. also, there was a huge glaring plothole in that
how the hell did nobody find dragon footprints before the villain did?
. there was practically no villain. i overall just found this movie very boring. i only give it 4/10 because it wasn't bad per se, it just wasn't good. oh and also that scene where the boy jumps over the cars is pretty cool

Last edited:

Feverish

Source of stink
pete's dragon
4/10
if i could think of a metaphor to describe the tone of this movie, it would be a flat, infinite line. pretty much nothing happens, we know nothing is at stake, and overall it's kind of boring. also, there was a huge glaring plothole in that [spoiler = movie spoilers] how the hell did nobody find dragon footprints before the villain did?[/spoiler]. there was practically no villain. i overall just found this movie very boring. i only give it 4/10 because it wasn't bad per se, it just wasn't good. oh and also that scene where the boy jumps over the cars is pretty cool
You did your spoiler tag wrong

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The Conjuring 2 - 7/10
I didn't find it to be as good as the first one which I was very impressed with however it was pretty decent and was miles better than that ghastly spin off, Anabelle.

Misty

Ronin
American Psycho: 5/10 - really interesting movie that ultimately falls flat, seems mean spirited, and while totally deserving to be seen, does not in fact deserve the praise and reputation for excellence it receives as a movie. That's not much a criticism of the actors who all do a lovely or stand-out job.

Operation: Endgame 4/10: If the entire movie were as good as the first fifteen minutes, I would certainly think this quite a lovely movie. Thus, I suggest everyone watch the first fifteen minutes and then assume that everyone explodes. Otherwise, the rest is messy, often dull, and only sometimes amusing.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Buy Now Die Later 7/10 - This is a Filipino film I saw when looking through a selection online. I liked the sound of its premise so I decided to give it a go.

Following the interconnected stories of 5 people who all sign a contract with the creepy owner of a certain curiosity shop. This is a humorous film which I am glad I tried out. The ending I found was not as good as it could have been, but overall an enjoyable experience.

Misty

Ronin
A Long Way Down: 4/10. A well-acted movie that somehow manages to destroy a very endearing and heartfelt novel of all touching elements. I wish they'd jumped, at least that would have been a gut punch.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Battle Royale 8/10

I had this one recommended to me a while back and I am glad I finally got round to seeing it. It is both serious and wacky at the same time and does a great job at making you care for characters you barely know.

Misty

Ronin
Camp Rock: 1/10 - it only gets one point because my ability to hate Joe Jonas was severely hampered by finding him hot. I mostly managed to. But still.

High School Musical 1: 3/10 - I recognize that I am very much past the age this is aimed at, but even still it was pretty ****. Other than a few semi-compelling songs and two adorable leads, it really has very little going for it. I cannot believe this was the **** people loved when I was in middle school and high school.

High School Musical 2: 2/10. Charming leads remain charming, songs get worse, I cannot wait for three to hit netflix so I can be an achievements whore.

This post should serve as a warning to everyone: go to bed at one in the morning no matter how ****e you're feeling. Surfing nextflix and deciding to watch really cheesy and awful disney musicals is like the equivalent of how I assume a one night stand feels: good in the moment, but the next day you wake up feeling dirty and with a commitment to seeing a second and third movie just so you can prove it really wasn't a terrible idea.

Lanky Kong

borf
Superbad: 9/10
Hilarious movie with Michael Cera at his awkwardest. I'd recommend this movie just for the McLovin scene(don't google it, watch the movie. It's so much better going in blind like i did).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom