• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
Automata (7.5/10)
Starting off really obviously in the footsteps of Blade Runner, it does really well with it's relatively low budget with it's scenery and (practical?) effects, but as it ditches the cyberpunk noir vibe it starts to lose it's charm. Cheesy but decent if you can waste an hour or two.

D

Deleted member 81859

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

8/10. It's excellent, but Tessy here gets salty about things left out from the novel.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Suicide Squad

8/10

Basically the editing felt kinda sloppy and the story structure was awkward but the performances were amazing and pretty much every scene, when looked at individually, was pretty great. They just felt a little awkward together sometimes.

And also I personally appreciate that the credits are split into 2 parts with the end-credits scene in between them, only about a minute after the credits start rolling and not somewhere around 8 minutes later which is just a personal pet-peeve of mine (especially when I need to pee).

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Suicide Squad 5/10.

Not unbearable but not great. Funny moments with Boomerang and Harley Quinn being the highlights.

Enchantress the main villain is **** and also the Joker is not very present, not very good and fails to live up to previous incarnations.

I'd happily not watch again.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
The Pirate Fairy. 9/10 I had been wanting to watch that movie for a while, but hadn't due to lack of time. But I finally did on Saturday. Thought it was pretty cool, made me laugh, especially when the action begins aboard the pirate ship. I always knew when I saw the pirate crew that they would turn on Zarina.

Misty

Ronin
Begin Again: 6/10. It's an intriguing movie simply because it seems very much like it is going to be romantic comedy tosh, but it instead grows into a lovely little film that is only really undercut by an unclear message and treading territory that feels too easy and still falls into the cliches of a genre it isn't even really in.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Suicide Squad: 7/10

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. Such wasted potential. I presume it was from the studio loosing its mind over the bad BvS reviews, and pressing for changes to make the movie funnier/funner. Harley and Deadshot stole the show while Boomerang, though funny, was completely under-utilised. I have no opinion on Leto's Joker. He wasn't in the movie long enough to leave a lasting impression. He was just part of Harley's arc. Once he's properly in a movie as a lead (whether protagonist or antagonist), I'll reserve my judgement, but I will say I do want to like this new Joker, even if he is a little flamboyant than I imagine the Clown Prince.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The BFG 6/10.

Not a great adaption of the book. There was an animated one a while back which was much better. In this one I didn't really care for the characters and it seemed more like a style over substance movie. John Williams did the music but it was very unmemorable and far from one of his best soundtracks.

Dan

The BFG 6/10.

Not a great adaption of the book. There was an animated one a while back which was much better. In this one I didn't really care for the characters and it seemed more like a style over substance movie. John Williams did the music but it was very unmemorable and far from one of his best soundtracks.

The Cartoon was pretty hardcore. It revealed how powerful our Queen is to the world and how she takes action when giants threaten our planet!

Reactions: Dio

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Hell or High Water 8.5/10

Outstanding acting courtesy of... the entire cast- but special props granted to leading men Jeff Bridges and Chris Pine in an unconventional yet suitably worthy Chris Pine role. Outstanding script writing and visual direction. A simple and well told story that above all reminds us that bankers are dickwads and Texans don't take no sh*t from nobody.

Feverish

Source of stink
I'm guessing you had it spoiled for you, or you knew there was a twist?
I knew there was a twist and when I watched the movie and saw what it was I was disappointed. It was like the only thing the movie depended on was this twist, because I was bored all the way through

I knew there was a twist and when I watched the movie and saw what it was I was disappointed. It was like the only thing the movie depended on was this twist, because I was bored all the way through
I thought it was pretty good, even on my second watch. Sucks the twist was ruined for you, I went into it with a completely blank slate and the twist was not very obvious unless you were REALLY looking for it. The second watch was cool because you got to see some of those "ohhhhh" moments.

Have you seen Unbreakable yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom