• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
13483032_584580785057148_1488087735814445289_o.jpg

I can't make this stuff up people. This was in my Netflix because I watched Video Game High School. So what do my roommate and I do when we see a Hitler movie with a 4 star rating? Watch it of course. Look Who's Back is a comedy about Hitler waking up in 2014 and adjusting to the modern world. I think that's all I really need to say about it to get people to watch it. Seriously this movie was amazing. I was laughing the entire time. There is a scene where he is shown the internet for the first time and it's just amazing. I did not expect this movie to be in my list but I'm glad it was. 10/10
I have seen that on lists on there for a while.... I was afraid to watch it. But I'll take your recommendation.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Independence Day: Resurgence
6/10
Sort of boring. It tries. Definitely tries very hard, but Liam Hemsworth and Jesse Usher can't lead this movie. I don't mind that they reused to the same plot ideas as the first, but it just wasn't interesting as I didn't care about the lead characters, minus those who were from the original movie 20 years ago. It's comparable to a Michael Bay Transformers movie.

Now You See Me 2
7.25/10
My girlfriend gave me a rundown of the first since I didn't see it, but it was a fine movie. I'm not a huge fan of most magic/magician movies after the brilliance that was The Prestige, but this movie was fine. Does pretty much everything well, and Lizzy Caplan is awesome.

G

Guest-3

The Revenant
Oh, God. This movie was fracking crazy! But it lined up with the story pretty well. And man, I loved it.
10/10

Misty

Ronin
Jane Eyre: 6/10. Overly grey visuals, lackluster interpretation of an above average tale, excellent actors save for the lead and title actress who just seemed to think being straight laced means being gloomy and this combined with the grey visuals makes for a depressing interpretation of what should be the defining "that's really ****ed up" romance.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The Witch 7/10 - A decent atmospheric horror film. This film is absent the cheap jump scares of a lot of horrors. It is about a puritan family who live on an isolated farm near the woods who after certain events come to believe they are being terrorised by a Witch.

Misty

Ronin
Donnie Darko: 8/10 (Some of the acting was really terrible, and the ending felt like it didn't capitalize on the rest of the themes as well as it could have.)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Her: 8.5/10
It's a romantic sci-fi but not far off what will probably come about. A slightly strange film about a man who develops a relationship with an AI. It was very well cast and had some good humour to it. Definitely worth a try.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Silent Hill Revelation- 4/10

This was much worse than its predecessor, which I enjoyed. Silemt Hill Revelation is a poor film with a boring plot and characters. I reccomend you avoid it.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Independence Day: Resurgence

6/10

That's it. I am done with sequels. At this point I may even be hard pressed to give John Wick 2 a gander. I am done with tired hollywood cashins. I am done rewarding mediocrity. Hollywood, you can have my money when you suffer an original idea. And by now I'm sure that if hell freezes and we ever do get a Pacific Rim 2, I'll have to give that one a pass as well.

As for the movie, it's not bad. It's not good. It's the same way I feel about Force Awakens. nothing. No sadness. No disappointment. No excitement. Nothing. A few scenes were fun in the moment but the second I walked out of the theater the last 2.4 hours of my life became a total blank.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
The Boy- 6/10

This was an interesting movie. I enjoyed it, but there wasn't anything frightening about it. Most of the scares are cheap jump scares (that they too heavily advertised) which occur during dream sequences. Majority of the time, it was all just build up before the climax. The twist, though, I thought was fairly interesting but could have been better explained.

Pen

The game is on!
Star Trek: Beyond - 7/10

My expectations honestly weren't so high when I started watching this movie today, but I ended up enjoying it a lot! Out of the three Star Trek films from the reboot this is definitely the one that feels the most like the original series to me (even though of course it's definitely still its own thing), and I think it put the important parts in focus in an appropriate way. It's not my favourite of the three films from the reboot, but I still really like it. I'm definitely getting the film on DVD or BluRay or something when I can, and I can't wait to rewatch it because I feel like there were a few things that I probably didn't fully get from this first watch. I recommend it to any sci-fi fan out there! :)

Star Trek: Beyond - 8.5/10.

What impresses me about these reboots is just how funny they are, this one probably being the funniest one yet. My only real complaints about this one was the bad guys character motivations not being flushed out enough, and 24 fps really made this film in particular hard to watch especially early on. I really wish they'd switch to 48 fps.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Turbo Kid---- 7/10

The best word to describe this movie is aesthetic. Turbo Kid is a tribute to sci-fi movies of the 80's and definitely captures the look it was going for, especially the technology and monitors shown in the movie. The costuming is fantastic (except for the actual Turbo Kid costume, which looks like a bad cosplay; especially when I was a big fan of the main character's original style).

The second best word would probably be violent. And I mean violent. This is still a B-movie, so there is a lot of cheesy gore. It's all cheap, but in a very fun way which only adds to the experience. Also, unlike most B-movies, the acting is absolutely incredible.

I'd recommend others to watch it, but Turbo Kid may not be for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom