• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Played Watch Dogs for XBONE. Probably 14 hours of gameplay so far.
I am about halfway through the story but have done loads of the side missions.
Story is not amazing but it is not so dull that you want to not play.
The gameplay is similar to GTA but has its own mechanic where you can hack objects throughout the world.
Pretty fun so far.
Gameplay 8/10
Story 6/10
Graphics 7/10
Overall 7/10

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Just beat the final boss of Child of Light, and wow, what a game. The visuals are stunning, it looks like a moving watercolour painting. Both the backgrounds and level design are lovely. The soundtrack is really nice too, and the story was very melancholy but uplifting, too (I cried at the end). Very beautiful, very moving. The gameplay itself was also a lot of fun- there are tons of unique enemies and the turn-based system is simple but entertaining. It's just a great game overall. 9.5/10

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Recently, I've been playing Thief Gold. I was intrigued by the concept of it (and the fact the entire series was on sale for £5). It was made in 1998 and it's refreshing to play a stealth game from before the genre decided that hand-holding and high octane action were what stealth fans wanted. Your maps are hand-drawn and often no use whatsoever, you need to be aware of the surfaces you walk on and how much noise they make, you need to actually listen to know where guards are (instead of just looking at your magic radar or using you x-ray vision goggles), and if you get into a fight you're better off just running away and trying to hide. It's as if the developers designed a stealth game around the idea of stealth. It's a great game and I would recommend it to anyone who likes hitting people on the back of the head with a bludgeon.

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
Super Mario Advance 4
8.5/10
Definitely the best looking and playing version of Mario Bros. 3. I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a medium-difficulty 2-D mario platformer or who just wants to expand their GBA library.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
The Forgotten expansion of Age of Empires II HD
I'd say 6/10
The original base game and the Conquerors expansion are still a solid 10/10, but the production quality of this expansion is pretty poor. And the missions are insanely difficult even on the easiest settings. Many just are not winnable at all. And all of them are basically impossible without extensive save scumming. And it still has the feel of a mere fan mod that it started as and not the official expansion that it's become. Although it wins some points for the improvements and new civilizations it added which is all still usable in a random map.

Kirby's fun Pak - 9/10 (A game from childhood that I loved, its brilliant but loses marks for it being too short despite having upwards of ten games in it).

Super Metroid - 9/10 (21 years later and I've finally been able to replay and complete this game, it was awesome but i don't care for being locked in at the last boss).

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
Super Mario Land: 8.5/10
If you are a fan of Mario, 2D platformers, or just gameboy games, this one is essential. And its not hard either. I've completed it in under 20 minutes with no deaths easily and beaten it at least 15-20 times. Its even better than the sequel in my humble opinion (I know I'm the only one who thinks this). Best gameboy game, and very playable to this day. The only problem is that the momentum engine in the game is a bit wonky at times and can cause unfair deaths. Also, some bosses kinda suck.

Dan

Mario Kart 8 including DLC: 8.5/10

This is the most jam packed Mario Kart game to date, only Super Circuit beats it in track count, but there's far more variance in this game. I can't praise this game enough, every single track has been crafted with great care, the driving feels 100% solid. A few minor bugs that let this edition down a bit, If I disconnect online I need to use the Gamepad to remove the message box, which I don't always have plugged in as I prefer using my pro controller.

Fire Emblem Awakening 8/10

I played it when it first cam out and sucked too much at it to get very far. Now that thee DLC has been released and made things easier i can see the game for what it is. Its absolutely brilliant but loses marks because it doesn't explain itself very well and as someone who sucks at, and is new to, the genre this isn't very helpful. Plus there's a lot of DLC... a lot a lot so you may end up buying the game almost twice if you get all of the DLC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom