• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Random Drawing Contest Week 8

A Random Drawing Contest Week 8

• Random Person

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hylian Pants

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Main Theme : Ocarina of Time
Sub Theme : Boss Battles

Random Person

twinrovafinished.png

Hylian Pants

twinrov.jpg

Voting ends in 4 days.

Week 9 Main Theme : The Legend of Zelda Series.
Sub Theme : They would make a great team.
(Zelda characters only)

Entries are due 1/23/10 by midnight.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Decided to vote for my own for creativity's sake.

Hmm... 13 choices and we happen to choose the same boss battle. One could argue that these are actually the same picture but from different perspectives.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I'm honestly not surprised both entries were of Twinrova, since she's probably the easiest of the bosses to draw XD
Anyways...let's see...

Random Person: You're just getting better and better every week! Really clever doing a reflection instead of head on, and it's very good that you acknowledged the fact that Twinrova's image should be mirrored in the shield. For the sake of nitpicky details though, you failed to mirror the gem and belt colors, but still, very good reflection. Nice shading effect too. Only other suggestion is that next time, when drawing fire, try not to use lineart. Fire is dynamic and looks much better if the effect is achieved with color alone.

Hylian Pants: I love your shading, seriously, love it. Great anatomy, beautiful fire and ice, very nice mist effect, I'm sure you get the idea XD Some constructive criticism though, given that it's a boss battle I think a bit more...action may have been more appropriate, you know, more dynamic, especially in the face. Also, and this is just me being really nitpicky about details, but I feel like a lot of details were lost on Link's hand, and I'm pretty sure Link's sheath is slung over his left shoulder rather than his right. Nitpicky I know, but missing little details like that make it kinda hard to figure out how to interpret Link's pose.

Who to vote for...who to vote for...? RP's is really creative but HP has better execution... Um...can I not vote and say I voted for you both? ^_^;

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Who to vote for...who to vote for...? RP's is really creative but HP has better execution... Um...can I not vote and say I voted for you both? ^_^;

AHHA... HAHA... HAHAHA HAHAHAHAH

No.

Only other suggestion is that next time, when drawing fire, try not to use lineart. Fire is dynamic and looks much better if the effect is achieved with color alone.

OM freaking G. Do you know how much I contemplated this? I kept erasing the lines for the fire and then control-zing the erasing, debating whether to actually use them. Finally, I decided to keep them.

you failed to mirror the gem and belt colors

I noticed this while I was drawing and for some reason still believed this was correct. I don't know if I saw a wrong picture of her or what but I truly believed that was the way it was suppose to be drawn... or I was just trying to be creative :sweat:.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Firstly, thanks people! :) and RP, I seriously love your concept! I actually had some trouble with the contest in the sense that it was hard to figure out how to pose the characters in an interesting way that hadn't already been done to death. You nailed it ;)

Hylian Pants: I love your shading, seriously, love it. Great anatomy, beautiful fire and ice, very nice mist effect, I'm sure you get the idea XD Some constructive criticism though, given that it's a boss battle I think a bit more...action may have been more appropriate, you know, more dynamic, especially in the face. Also, and this is just me being really nitpicky about details, but I feel like a lot of details were lost on Link's hand, and I'm pretty sure Link's sheath is slung over his left shoulder rather than his right. Nitpicky I know, but missing little details like that make it kinda hard to figure out how to interpret Link's pose.

Thank you for the C&C! Please, nitpick all you want! I definitely agree that it lacks that kind of epic dynamic, and the other details pointed out. (I'm getting critiqued and nitpick'd all the time for classes, so believe me, your nowhere near as picky as some of my professors :P )

I'm honestly not surprised both entries were of Twinrova, since she's probably the easiest of the bosses to draw XD
lol, you think so?? I was actually going to go with Volvagia or Ganon originally, but again, most possible battle poses I could come up with seemed too generic. I went with Twinrova since I think she's a tad underrated and one of the few overtly female bosses. I actually left out quite a lot of the designs on her outfit, to be honest...Time constraints.. -shrug-

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Congratulations to Hylian Pants for winning this week with her entry.

twinrov.jpg

Your art will be featured on ZD's deviant account, on ZD itself and the Zelda Art Lovers group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom