• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rainbow Road

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I wanted to know from you guys which Mario Kart Rainbow Road you thought was the best.

I thought Rainbow Road from Double Dash was the best.

Here are the choices:
Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario Kart 64
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Mario Kart DS
Mario Kart Wii

Beeker

Wild Card
I think it's a tie of N64 and Wii. I think the N64 one is the easiest(it has railings on the side), but I love driving through the course and seeing the neon glowing faces of the characters.
I like the Wii one because you fly alot around that course, and seeing the planet below and stars all around is an awesome sight.

Last edited:
Visually, Mario Kart Wii does an absolutely stunning job. The stars, colors, ramps, everything looks spectacular. When I look at the N64 version after that....... it just looks kind of lame. There's really nothing to it in comparison, and the stage itself is actually easier than in MKW. I remember Double Dash having a pretty good one too, but every version just kind of pales now that I've seen its true beauty in Wii form. I also think the Wii version has the hardest one too, which is what Rainbow Road should be anyway.

Hrm... I've only played two MarioKart games being the ones for the DS and Wii. I enjoyed both quite a bit. The one on the DS was fun to be Bowser and knock everyone off of the road.
The one in the Wii was more pastel but more psychedelic as well. The first hill in the course gave it that touch of vastness. I don’t know… it just seemed like it is always meant to be one of the most impressive and hardest courses on each MarioKart game. In the Wii one, I like the fact that you burn up in the atmosphere when you fall off the road. Poor Lakitu always having to rescue me… :P
So... I will have to go with its appearance on the Wii version.
Lovely graphics, as well:
rainbow-road_mkwii.jpg

Kybyrian

I always have an extreme case of nostalgia whenever I look at the Rainbow Road from Nintendo 64 Mario Kart. I absolutely loved it. I just found Mario Kart one of the best games in the world, and Rainbow Road one of the best tracks ever. I'm not going to choose it as my favorite, though. I believe the nostalgia is the biggest factor. The Rainbow Road in Mario Kart Wii was stunning. It had wonderful design and was so vivid. It was a step up in difficulty from all of the other Rainbow Roads that we have seen as well. It had even fewer rails than all of the others did. The little part where you go through the rings on one of the blue boosters was pretty cool, and the final stretch to the finish line was always fun. Rainbow Road in Mario Kart Wii is fun but still takes quite an amount of skill. For somebody like me who loves using manual and difficult stages, it was perfect.

Epwna

The epic turnip king
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the DS version. I just love playing on it. I also like the looks of it. Best Ds graphics IMO.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I'm going to go for an odd choice and say Rainbow Road from Mario Kart: Super Circuit was my favourite. It's one of very few courses that has absolutely ridiculous shortcuts (that are REALLY difficult to pull off, though) where you can essentially jump from one end of the course to the other with a mushroom and a ramp. There's a high chance you'll die a horrible, horrible death, but it pays off when you can do it right.
Rainbow Road from the original SNES Mario Kart gets an honourable mention for being ridiculously difficult and because everyone falls off.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
The Rainbow Roads of Mario Kart have gotten too complicated. It's more of trying to stay on the track then it is playing the actual race. The 64 one was classic, the Double Dash one pushed the limit, but if you knew what you were doing you could handle it, The DS one... I can't even remember that one, and the Wii was just murder.

But still, I love Mario Kart!

Last edited:

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Double Dash, in my opinion, has the best Rainbow Road. Everything about it is so spectacular, and I always enjoy going on that course. As for MKWii, I've only played it a couple of times, but I have to say that it is also quite good, but it'll have to settle for second place. The Rainbow Roads have always been some of my favourite levels in the Mario Kart games, so I tend to enjoy them anyway.

ZRetsirk

MUWAHAHA!! ß ) ∑ Π []
ya, i agree, n64, was really great, actually know a shortcut or two, and wii might have been a lil better, depending on what you like, i kinda like the wii better though. id still have to stick with a tie though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom