• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Radical Possibility-Ghirahim and Dark Link Connected Somehow?

Subzerostupid

Subzerostupid
I like your theory, but i must disagree. Firstly, in OoT, Dark Link is only, well, Dark LINK because the water creates a copy of whatever enters the room. This is backed up by the reflective water only found in this room and the fact that Link's reflection in it disappears after passing the island in the middle of the room. Whatever evil is involved in the water produces an exact copy of Link as his own perfect adversary.
Also, the longshot is not
a small, normal item.
not by (if you'll excuse the pun) a long shot. Anyone hoping to complete the temple must use this item and it is (as far as we're aware) the only one of it's kind (other incarnations of the hook/claw shot don't go so far). That, if anything, makes it worth protecting with a notable enemy. In most dungeons in most games, the weapon is found after fighting the mini-boss and is never without a significant fight of SOME kind and your reflection happened to be the one the zora's/ganondorf decided to use to protect the longshot.
While i haven't played AoL, i gather that Dark Link is a protector to the Triforce of Courage. If this was Girahim, surely he would TAKE the triforce of courage. It seems more likely that Dark Link was placed there (similarly to OoT's incarnation) merely as a test (in AoL's case, a final test) to a holy/precious item by... (like i said, haven't played AoL) the late Prince of Hyrule, is it? King?
Basically, while you've got a good idea, i doubt it is more than that as any one Dark Link appears to be a simple mindless protector of an item and in OoT, it wasn't necessarily Dark LINK as it would have been anyone who walked into that room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom