• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Quick Question to People Who Have Gotten Their Spirit Tracks.

How is it so far? I played gameboy zelda games before, and DS, there not bad. Im more into the console ones, like OoT, MM, WW, TP.

But I was thinking of purchasing spirit tracks, I only have the old DS though.

Is the game good so far? I'd like some reviews :)

Check ZeldaUniverse, people are actually stuck in the game or died a few times. So yes it's worth to play =) I finished the game, the ending is probably one of the most satisfying endings from Zelda. The music is at it's best and well they're are some memorable Zelda characters and moments. Totally buy it =)

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
It is pretty fun actually. There are many side quests like MC, it has many songs like OoT and it is as fun as any other Zelda game. I Advise people to play this game. it is really good.

Gameplay: The game shows promise with its wonderful puzzles and innovative ways of keeping the player on their toes. There are enemies that can kill you with just one hit, there are enemies that are annoying to defeat but fun to kill and riding a train is really fun! Like attacking the harmless animals on the train they act like a cucco!

Sound: The music in this game is really what caught me. It has a slight feeling of nostalgia but at the same time something totally new. IT will keep the player in a pleasant mood and keep them entertained while they are solving the puzzles in a dungeon.

Graphics: Same as PH, some characters make a return with their old design but with slight changes. Still it is like PH.

Story: The story in this game is really enchanting and somewhat peculiar. It begins with a happy start then goes for the worst, then it goes to a pleasant-adventure-go-go! and then you fight monsters get to restore the places in new hyrule and finally ending it with a romantic and sentimental scene. The cutscenes in the game are both serious and comical. You will enjoy and be interested in the story as it unfolds.

So i give a 10 in story, sound,gameplay and a 8 on graphics. An overall score of 9 out of ten.

Buy the game, and be enchanted with Link and Zelda.

M

Mute9

Finished the Ocean Temple (3rd one) and after a bit of exploring I'm about to do the 4th Tower of Spirits run. Tomorrow that is. It's 3 am here. =P

I'm enjoying it too, somewhat, though it feels rather short. There are portions of the game I wish would last longer, towns I wish had more to offer, and a noticeable lack of explorable areas--most of the exploring is by train, with very few large open areas traveled by foot. The soundtrack is decent (featuring several great themes, no doubt), but some tracks are a little iffy and the variety is still underwhelming.

As for dungeons, so far the Tower of Spirits seems more similar in structure, difficulty, and vibe to the classic Zelda temples (for me classic = ALttP), so I've been enjoying dungeon crawls through that one immensely, while the regular dungeons are short and simple for the most part. They are in fact marginally more challenging than Phantom Hourglass, though.

However I still have a few areas to cover, and from what some of the NPCs have mentioned to me/what I've read around the 'net it seems that a few towns I've already visited will indeed make purposeful returns, and I'm still anticipating the on-foot segments and dungeons to come.

It's hard to compare to Phantom Hourglass because despite their similar designs the two really are fundamentally different games, as odd as that may be. Spirit Tracks has an entirely new feel in comparison, but at this point I don't really know which I prefer. ST certainly has a liveliness to it that PH did not, but even now I'm already feeling a slight tinge of nostalgia for PH despite that it came out merely 2 years ago and I remember thinking it to be moderately good at most.

I liked Phantom Hourglass to a reasonable degree, and I'm liking Spirit Tracks very much too. More? It's hard to say at this point. The rest of the game may have more of an influence on my stance here. :P

Mute9 I suggest you finish the game =P and then say your verdict. The ending is very promising and might make you love ST more then PH.

The ending is actually the icing on the cake...

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
If you liked both/either Phantom Hourglass and Majora's Mask, you'll like this game. Reason being, is it plays EXACTLY like Phantom Hourglass. However, the amount of event based sidequests and the dark story, make it resemble Majora's Mask.

That's my take on it. It's certainly a fun game to play.

Z

zelda1947

Its my second day on playing ST, this game is alot like PH, except u got by train and not boat. I too wish there was more to do in the towns like PH, but maybe as I play more there will be, sorry but my heart belongs to TLP.

From what i've played it is about equal to PH, if not better. I haven't gotten far enough for a definitive verdict.

Hey guys, thanks for your feedback. I actually ended up buying ST today and its not bad at all. I'm up to the second temple :)

N

Notorious NATE

I like it, but I am not far enough to make a complete comparison.

B

brigerudu

Got my copy this today, at the 2nd temple... the train actually works pretty good, I'm old school and was very skeptical but it's not even a big deal.. there's still dungeons and puzzles and, though, they're not super challenging I still feel rewarded after finishing a dungeon. I loved the first boss fight in the forest temple and I look forward to fighting my next one tonight.

I think you'll enjoy it once you decide to get it.

Guy's please finish the game and then tell me your verdict! =D when you reach in the middle or towards the end of the game it will become much better... The ending was really satisfying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom