• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Question

sometimes i will...but i never take it into consideration when buying. unless i hear something about something in the game being broken. like if upon release copies of *game in question* dont work properly. some games i wish i had read up on before purchasing... im lookin at you snowblind studios :mad:

If it's a game I'm interested in but not completely sold on yet I'll generally look around for some reviews/opinions before making a decision. However with certain games that I am eagerly anticipating and know I'll like (such as Zelda :P) I usually just grab them release day or shortly after and don't bother with reviews. I've been playing games long enough to know myself and what games I enjoy.

I definitely read game reviews first, unless I already figure I'm going to love it because I love the series anyway. That rarely happens, though, because even with a great series, there are sometimes games when you look at the company and think, "What in the actual hell were you thinking?" *cough, ORC! cough*
So, typically, I like to read reviews and see trailers and all of that before I actually even consider getting the game.

I usually read reviews when I'm not too sure about the game or when it can be purchased for several consoles (etc) I have.
When I'm really convinced I'll like the game no matter what, I don't bother.
But most of the time I just read something about a game and think it sounds interesting but because I don't know more about it, I read what flaws people think the game has.
I mean, I'm a student, it would be bad for me to just buy games that seem nice and I end up regretting I bought them because I didn't know enough about it... ;)

Last edited:
I usually read reviews first but I always take them with a pinch of salt. If a review for a game like say Dragonball or Naruto gets a review it may score lowly as not everyone likes anime so it may score low. I also tend to ignore reviews that are too positive (I.E: Skyrim) or too negative.

If it is a game that i am really looking forward to I will watch as much gameplay footage as possible and skip the reviews. If on the fence about a game I will watch/read 4 or 5 reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom