• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Question five years back in time

• Thread starter Deleted member 90787
  • Start date

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
In Majora’s Mask, you rewind time to go back to the beginning of a three-day countdown. It’s not as close as Ocarina to what you said, but I thought I’d mention it.
You mentioned points as well. The only Zelda game with a major points system was Zelda II, in which you could earn upgrades by defeating monsters. That game is considered more of a black sheep, and many mechanics never returned in other games. Hope I could help!

As the others said, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were the only games with time travel.

OoT(Ocarina of time) - You can travel forward and back by 7 years, but there's no point system.
MM(Majora's Mask) - Had a three day cycle where similar to OoT, you could travle through time to complete specific tasks, but, you could get rewarded with items. But other than that it had no point system
Zelda 2 - Had a point system but no time travel
FS(four Swords) - had a point system after each map but no time travel. I think Four Swords Adventures was the same in the multiplayer campaign.

Also, there were a couple of non canon games that also had point systems.

MW7

Ocarina of Time sounds most similar to the scenario you are describing as you unlock the ability to go forward 7 years and later in the game unlock the ability to go back 7 years. You earn three special stones which unlock the door to let you travel forward in time. Beating a specific dungeon to earn a medallion in the future allows you to travel back in time.

Majora's Mask has a 3 day repeating time cycle in which you can continuously go back in time to the beginning.

Oracle of Ages has a harp that lets you go back in time 400 years and return to the present.

Twilight Princess has a dungeon called Temple of Time in which you find a door that lets you visit a specific area of the game in a past state.

Skyward Sword has a time gate that lets you travel back through time thousands of years to visit a specific area of the game. Skyward Sword also has an entire region of the game centered around timeshift stones which allow a person to shift between past and present by physically hitting the timeshift stone. Two dungeons reside in this region which make significant use of the time shift mechanic.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I’d like to point out that while there isn’t a major point system in OoT, there are still mini games that use them, most notably horseback archery. MM has a few more mini games as well so it could easily be one of those.

also while it’s a stretch, OoT was originally going to be a remake of AoL, the only game to have a major point system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom