• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Minish Cap Pros and Cons

WarriorFromFire

Never an expert
I personaly loved Minish cap, i have beat the game many times and still play it. some of things i loved were the kinstones, the mystery stones, and the world exploration. what about you? what were things that you liked? what were things you didnt like?

I was excited to play Minish Cap and it probably is the best handheld title for Zelda ever. but it really bored me overall...

Pros
-Nice overworld
-Lots of NPC's with character
-So many sidequests that it was unreal
-A few new places outside of the Zelda norm
-A few ambitious dungeon puzzles
-New items from classic Zelda eg Pegasus boots
-Awesome graphics and art-style
-Ezlo and Vaati were cool and its nice to have the companion double up as an item
-Story was okay for a Zelda game (though i don't give a damn about the FS)

Cons
-constant shrinking, so much shrinking and progress felt so much slower when you were small and the game made you shrink so damn much, nearly every sidequest meant you had to be small and just ugh...
-Hyrule castle ripped straight out of ALttP, the game was already making me want to play ALttP so bad and then they threw me into Hyrule Castle which was the exact same place brick for brick, it made things so uncomfortable..
-The game itself for me just wasn't very compelling.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I personally think MC was one of the most creative Zelda games i have ever played, and considering it was made by Keiji Inafune it was bitter sweet. I say that cuz its sad that one of the cooler more creative zelda games wasnt even made by the original developers, but at the same time Inafune is the same guy that created Mega Man, so when i seen his name attached to it, i was pretty happy, and understood why i liked it even though it wasnt created by nintendo!

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
I loved the Minish Cap. It felt like Nintendo had taken everything it learned from the 3D games and then applied them to a 2D game. So it got the best of both worlds: the best of the new 3D games and the best of the early 2D games! The graphics were good, the main quest was awesome, and it was packed with side quests!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Pros
- Foes deal damage to you, and often (i.e better damage ratio than SS, TP, and TWW combined).
- Spectacular overworld
- Best of 2D Zelda and Modern Zelda
- Puzzling Dungeons
- Tons of Sidequest material, even if it felt particularly fetchy at moments
- Tonics to get new Tunic Colors

Cons
- Tunic Colors are not Permanent
-

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Pros

-Smooth controls & combat
-Great dungeons
-Flawless overworld
-Challenging bosses
-Kinstones
-Mix of 2D and 3D ideas
-Cel-shaded visuals
-Good music
-Ezlo

Cons

-A bit on the short side
-Low damage ratio
-Slightly too easy
-Grinding for green Kinstones

???

-Why are Keatons now thieving enemies? o_0

Pros
- Foes deal damage to you, and often (i.e better damage ratio than SS, TP, and TWW combined)

TMC's damage ratio is typically 1/4th a heart (like TWW and TP's and far below SS's), and they hit pretty much as often as any other enemies in Zelda would. The only thing makes them engaging is that they move around a lot, which is ideal for a top-down game. I don't see why you would even consider saying they "deal damage to you". They really don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom