• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pronunciation Question

Pronounced How?

• Like "Cell"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Like "Seal"

• Some other third way

• Total voters

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity
So today I was listening to WZMR (World Zelda Music Radio) when a song ended and he pronounced Zelda "Zeal-da" and I always pronounced it "Zel-da" Saying it like the word Cell instead of like the word Seal. Since the guy who created Zelda is Japanese, is there a correct pronunciation? How do you guys say it?

P.S. Sorry if there is a thread already like this, if there is, if someone would close this thread and give me a link to the other one it would be appreciated :)

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
Well, Zelda is a real name, pronounced Zel-duh (cell instead of seal) so, this WZMR guy was, in fact, wrong. FLAME HIM TO TEH EXTREEEEEME.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Wait, wait, wait...
World Zelda Music Radio? O_O Where is this?

Anyway, back to the topic. It is Zell-duh. On various TV commercials it is said Zelda, and if you ever meet anyone will the same Zelda, they will tell you it is Zelda.

Jedizora

:right:
I have always pronounced it how its sounds, this is the first controversity i have seen regarding the pronuciation of zelda. Maybe someone should write into nintendo power and ask.

Pikacondon

Title.
I know the name is pronounced Zel-da and In Super Smash bros. Brawl they say it like Zel-da. plus the majority of posters on the forum pronounce it Zel-da and so do all the commercials. The japanese radio announcer is wrong, just to tell you, and the evidence points to the Japanese dude being wrong pronouncing it Seal-duh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom