• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pronunciation of Zordiana

K

Kheldin

Hey everyone!

Kind of a random question here but, I'm really curious to know the proper pronunciation of Zordiana. My initial thought was:

Zoar'dee'anna

Anyone read this differently or have any other thoughts?

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I pronounce it the same as you. There are a lot of threads on various Zelda words and how they are pronounced. This one covers the most. Feel free to share your thoughts there.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I use Adelle as the sword's name, but when I occassionally refer to this name, I pronounce it "Zor-die-anna" As in Zor-Diana. (Exactly like the name- Diana)

I also pronounce it the same as you, Kheldin.

Keep in mind, though, that Zordiana hasn't been confirmed as the name of the Skyward Sword's human form or even mentioned at all by Nintendo. It's a purely fan-made name. The real name of the character (if it's anything aside from just "Skyward Sword", that is) will probably be something completely different. ;)

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
I just refer to her as ''The Silver Maiden" well, that's almost true, but the one that i think sounds cool is "Adelle" how would you say that " Adel-la"? "Adel-lee"?

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Actually both the Zordiana and Adelle names were proven fake, because both sets of rumors that they came from were admitted as false.

The Zordiana fiasco was all accredited to ZI, who after "confirming" the Zordiana set of rumors to be true, admitted that their source for those rumors had contacted them to directly admit that they were not. This is what ZI said exactly:

Nathanial Rumphol-Janc said:
In the days leading up to E3, we posted some "confirmed rumors" that we staked our reputation on being true. I wont bore you with all the evidence we presented back then, you can read it yourself here. Some have wondered if there was more to the story, mostly because Damir and myself said there was information we were not telling you. The truth of the matter is what we told you is all the evidence we had. There was nothing more, other than some fleeting names that I can't recall, and the names are of no circumstance because the rumors were entirely made up.

Shortly after posting the "confirmed" post (like, within 48 hours), we were contacted by the originating source via email with a full admittance of the rumors not being true. I am not sure this actually would come as a surprise to anyone. At that exact moment I should of made a retraction post, admit our mistake in trusting our source, and move on with our lives. However, pride, greed, and fleeting hope got in the way...

Since then, Remember Zordiana! has basically been ZI's catchphrase.

Likewise, the Adelle set of rumors were admitted by a user named Sharinganhero in a thread on the IGN Zelda boards to have been entirely fabricated by him. He basically confessed to having first made up the rumors in english, translated them into japanese with google translator, then posted them on 2ch, a place that many people might be inclined to think is a reputable source for leaked rumors. After that, it was simply discovered by someone and then translated back into english before it made the rounds around the internet. Here is exactly what he said, which is rather quite interesting to read:

Sharinganhero said:
Remember the 2ch rumors?

I made them up. I also made up 2ch's credited history. (they have, in fact, have never leaked any video game info, at least not to my knowledge.) I chose 2ch because it moved fast like 4chan, had the japanese language barrier, and no one outside of Japan really has any understand of its credibility either way. I set it up perfectly for the sole purpose of generating discussion, based off of rumors that could not be immediately debunked or knocked down as false by the community.

But it was more than that. It was a social experiment. And the results were greater and more conclusive than my wildest dreams.

Zeldainformer.com became the biggest focus of my studies. They are hungry for hits, and do whatever they can to promote their own site. Despite all we had was my carefully orchestrated rumors saying what they did alongside with a vague, glowing description of 2ch's magical ability to get info that just isn't available to the public. They took the story and left out certain vital facts, like how it was complete heresay spoken by only one person (me) when it comes to the credibility of both 2ch, and that if the rumors ever were in fact posted on 2ch. (which they were not, they were a complete fabrication by me)

Let us look at a small sample of the publication that resulted from my origin set of rumors:

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=111599

http://gamerant.com/zelda-wii-rumors-surface-paul-6945/

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/20/rumor-zelda-wii-to-be-majoras-mask-sequel/

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2010/05/more-zelda-wii-rumors-floating-around/ (Ohohoh~ :right:)

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/wii/rumor-zelda-wii-is-majoras-mask-sequel.html

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2010/01/new-zelda-wii-information-leaked.php

The last one is important, because of how matter of fact it states my invented track record verbatim. But all of them share this fault to a point. None of them second guessed my history. This gave the rumors credibility. Those who happened to translate the actual article on 2ch had slight differences (sometimes very noticeably different ones) from the ones that just took my word. That is because the 2ch posts I made were English to Japanese google translations that would sound awkward to a translator. How ever, instead of taking these as warning signs they forced it into wording that would make sense, causing some variations in what the rumors actually said.

I was surprised at how eager many people were to believe in a lie. I was shocked to see the sheer number of people that stopped digging for the truth 2-3 steps in and just accepted it. If we were so eager to believe in lie like this, could we believe in other, greater, more important life affecting lies without knowing it?

More over, I was surprised at the mystery men who contributed to my original lie. I was not involved at all with the second set of 2ch rumors at all. Someone else contributed to my lie. This next question is delivered to that mystery man (or women) out there:

Why? Why contribute to something falsely knowing that it is false to begin with? Who are you and why?

I also had nothing to do with this recent batch of 'confirmed' rumors, (Sarianae interjection: he's talking about the Zordiana set of rumors I mentioned above :lol:) but considering that the German message board is laughing at zeldainformer for believing in that boards resident troll(Beamer!), I would say it is a mistake to put to much faith in them.

So there you have it. Her name is neither Zordiana nor Adelle. And I'm telling you right now, it's also not going to be Dorella.

Though as to your question, I would pronounce it the same as you, Zoar-dee-ahh-nahh. ^^
So now I've answered your question...and hopefully a little more. :)
(I kid you not when I say I was an SS info stalker last year~ :P)

Maxxxers

Fanboy
I think that it's pronounced like Zord (like sword)-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-annnnna.

So... this thread's useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom