• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Princess Zelda in The Legend of Skyward Sword

This is probably my first thread in Zelda Dungeon forum if you count the introduction thread as one.

Its a sure thing that Princess Zelda will appear in Skyward Sword. Its great that she will appear in the game. Since Link will be born in Skyloft were will Princess Zelda be born in? Maybe she will be born in Hyrule. Maybe something like this may happen in the game. 2 people from diffrent world will meet each other one will be from land and one will be from sky. They will meet each other for the first time and they would form a powerful bond.

The game should/will show Princess Zelda and Link's bonds or maybe something that looks romatic. But they won't make romance between the 2 of them since all The Legend of Zelda game shows their powerful bonds instead of romance. But they should have a scence that looks romatic atleast.

What do you people think what Princess Zelda will be like and his relationship with Link? Well I already thought of one and I would like to hear other people's opnion about it.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'm not a huge fan of romance at all, and especially with Link and Zelda. If there's any romance at all, I think it should be with Link's "lost and valuable friend" or someone else he knows (besides the Sword...ew). Link and Zelda's relationship should be more professional, reflecting their positions as refugee (possibly) and savior (probably).

I like the idea of romance in Zelda. Link never gets very far with the ladies, especially Zelda. (Spirit Tracks spoiler, maybe: )
I have heard that Link and Zelda have something going on, but I haven't played it myself.
I think that would be a nice change for Link to have an actual love interest. As long as it isn't taking up the entire focus of the story, I don't see the problem.

There was an interview with Aonuma in a dutch Nintendo magazine, and it also talked about Princess Zelda. This is what it said: "In the last couple of games Zelda has had very different personalities. In the Wind Waker she was rather tomboy-ish and in Twilight Princess
she was very formal, like a real princess. In Skyward Sword she will once again be unique, with a different personality etc."

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
Link and Zelda do hold hands at the end of Spirit Tracks, but in all of the games I have played, that's the only sign of romance I have seen between them. But I am definetely a LinkxZelda fan. I don't think he should end up with Ilia or any other character, it just doesn't seem right.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I doubt we'll see any romantic intentions will be put into the game (though the scene in Spirit Tracks could be a step towards that). However, I think they'll just show Zelda gathering the remnants of a new-founded and chaotic kingdom. It will be about how she stands for peace in dark times, against whatever villain Nintendo chooses to feature. I await her role eagerly.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Hmm. I think Link and Zelda should just be friends. They've never really shown any deep emotional intrest in each other, at least, they haven't in all the games I've played (I don't know about the "holding hands" thing in Spirit Tracks; I've never played it), it's always something like,"I'll save you because it's my destiny." It may as well be that blank; Nintendo doesn't give Link enough emotions anyway, sadly. So, it's already gotten to a point in the Zelda series where a romance between Link and Zelda would just seem haphazardly thrown into the mix of things, and that won't work out too well considering Nintendo wants you to fill in those emotions for Link yourself. Which is weird and unecessary, I say. But that's not the point. The point is, Link's repetitive emotionless-ness in the past games has made it difficult now to introduce a kind of deep emotion for Link. So basically, I feel Nintendo has screwed itself over on this subject. If they try a love intrest between Link and Zelda, it won't work. A love intrest between Link and another character however... It's just like I explained in one of my other threads, "Link's Girlfriend?". This is much more likely to work out this way than it could with Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom