• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Preorder Bonuses?

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
So any possible ideas on preorder bonuses for X and Y? Me i am hoping for something real and not digital such as the bag that was gave with FireRed and LeafGreen but please oh please not a 3DS stylus or case, we can already get any design off ebay that we want.A few ideas i have are....

Big Figurine (least 10 inchs tall and styled towards which ever game you buy's legendary
Poster (sweet looking poster themed towards the overall game)
Artbook
Keychains (themed towards the legendarys in the game)

Thats all i could think of that could be included,guys share your ideas!

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I liked the little figurines they gave with HeartGold and SoulSilver. More of that for me, please.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The only thing that I can think of for preorder bonuses...

-Keychains based around the Legendaries as well as other particularly rare Pokemon
-Early access to Event Pokemon (?)

And you said poster/artbook already. :I

Kazumi

chagy
The figures that they gave for the last few games have been really nice, but I really love getting posters as pre-order bonuses. Especially if said posters are maps. I know that Gamefreak usually releases some really good looking maps of the region as promotion art, so getting that as a poster for a pre-order bonus would be great.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
So any possible ideas on preorder bonuses for X and Y? Me i am hoping for something real and not digital such as the bag that was gave with FireRed and LeafGreen but please oh please not a 3DS stylus or case, we can already get any design off ebay that we want.A few ideas i have are....

Big Figurine (least 10 inchs tall and styled towards which ever game you buy's legendary
Poster (sweet looking poster themed towards the overall game)
Artbook
Keychains (themed towards the legendarys in the game)

Thats all i could think of that could be included,guys share your ideas!

I think out of all of those that you've mentioned, figurines is the most likely product they'll release to those who pre-order either version. I think the figurines have a high chance of being one of the legendaries, and I believe it would be a smart idea to sell certain figurines for certain versions (i.e. X-Deer for X Version and Y-Bird for Y version). Artwork and posters are another possibility, but I'm not sure on the likelihood of keychains.

I also liked what Ventus said, about the opportunity to receive early access to rare event Pokémon. I could see that happening for sure, in a way similar to what they did with B2/W2 and the Genesect event.

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
The figures that they gave for the last few games have been really nice, but I really love getting posters as pre-order bonuses. Especially if said posters are maps. I know that Gamefreak usually releases some really good looking maps of the region as promotion art, so getting that as a poster for a pre-order bonus would be great.

Oh yeah a nice map would be great to have! Sorta like the 1 that came with the first LOZ but thicker so they last. Another great idea would be a remake of the giant pokeballs that came out at bk around when pokemon was at its top of its hype,you guys remember those? Yeah i know thats going alittle above my head but still i just happened to be moving my game collection around and saw them xD

Fig

The Altruist
What would be cool as for preorder bonuses would be the following (whether a combination or single item) :

-Artbook of the 6th Generation of Pokémon with an added set of posters featuring the new generation.
-Figurines of the starter and mascot Pokémon of 6th Gen.
-3DS accessories feature Pokémon X and Y.

A recent trend I believe to be counterintuitive to the spirit of Pokemon is receiving certain rare pocket monsters through events. The Pokemon Company seems to think there is no way to catch them all anymore without cutting corners. I would be very disappointed if this were the preorder bonus.

Personally I'd appreciate a copy of the complete 3D Pokedex although that should be part of the game. I doubt it will be offered, however, seeing as how the Pokedex 3D Pro is a steep download. Next best option is a poster or art booklet as Kazumi and Fig proposed earlier, respectively.

Last edited:

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
A recent trend I believe to be counterintuitive to the spirit of Pokemon is receiving certain rare pocket monsters through events. The Pokemon Company seems to think there is no way to catch them all anymore without cutting corners. I would be very disappointed if this were the preorder bonus.

Personally I'd appreciate a copy of the complete 3D Pokedex although that should be part of the game. I doubt it will be offered, however, seeing as how the Pokedex 3D Pro is a steep download. Next best option is a poster or art booklet as Kazumi and Fig proposed earlier, respectively.

Yeah the pokedex price is a bit high isnt it i mean you would think with us having the internet that nintendo would have thought of the price alittle better cause anything over 5 was too much cause of all the websites that give you the same thing for free..... oh well

I was thinking about how sweet it would be to get a little booklet of the history of pokemon with unknown facts about it since this pretty much ends the 2d pokemon games (well maybe except for remakes of older games)

The most I got out of Black and White 1 and 2 in terms of pre-order bonuses were Gen V starter Styluses and a Black Kyurem themed DS Pouch ( I had the choice between the two, but I went with Black Kyurem). I'm not sure what will be in store for Pokémon X & Y, but I don't think it will be anything amazing although I wish it will be something worthwhile. I think I'll just remain silent and let my local GAME surprise me.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I guess one can only hope, at this point anything would be cool, i'm just hoping for something, i dont really mind if its a poster a figurine, just proof of my devotion to the series, and a cool display for my room.

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
There should be a pre order bonus also for people who get both copies of the game which i have been doing since Gold and Silver (mainly because of my step brother but now that im older just for collection purposes) Or would that be going too far?

Deeds

no text
I'm not that much of a fan of figurines, unless it's a series that I'm really fond of (like LoZ).
I was thinking of a book that had every single Pokemon of the X & Y Gen in. Like a Pokedex in paper form. That would be not only usefull, but a really good collectible.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
A real pre-order bonus

How about free DLC where you can go to the original Kanto region, only its remade in 3d? A nice way for the games advance forward, and yet never forget where they came from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom