• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Preliminary Timeline Thoughts

ASSUME SPOILERS

Obligatory thread: when does Echoes of Wisdom take place?

The spots I think work are pre-Z1, post-Z2, post-TotK, pre-FSA, or post-FSA. I think I'm most inclined to do pre-Z1 or pre-FSA. What do we think?

ASSUME SPOILERS

Obligatory thread: when does Echoes of Wisdom take place?

The spots I think work are pre-Z1, post-Z2, post-TotK, pre-FSA, or post-FSA. I think I'm most inclined to do pre-Z1 or pre-FSA. What do we think?
It's way too soon to place the game in the timeline.

RickKTish

Your Appeal to Authority fallacy has no power here
My instinct, several hours in, is sometime around LBW, whether before or after I'm not totally sure

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'd place it... somewhere.

Despite the visual similarities to ALBW and the LA remake, no one in this game outside of his immediate friends and family knows who Link, Ganon seems to be treated as a new threat that people are unfamiliar with, and the Triforce itself is apparently such a forgotten concept that no one in game refers to it by name.

So, I dunno. It takes place during that brief window in TotK when Link and Zelda are both falling during the game's opening minutes. :eyes:

RickKTish

Your Appeal to Authority fallacy has no power here
So despite initially thinking EoW was probably sometime around ALBW due to the rifts and what initially seemed like a fairly similar map, I'm instead starting to think it has to be either before OoT or sometime relatively closer to BotW. I still think it could potentially be in the downfall timeline before Z1, but that likelihood is rapidly dwindling and I'm letting go of my attachment to it.

The presence of Ganon would usually indicate some time after OoT in either the Downfall or Child timelines-- I'm thinking it's sometime in the Downfall timeline, considering the general geography being somewhat similar to that of ALttP/ALBW, including the ruins of what appears to be the Eastern Palace. It's exact placement is kind of a mystery though. It likely can't be after Z1, though, as Ganon's minions are trying to resurrect him in AoL, implying he died for real at the end of Z1...

Unless the Ganon we fought as Link in the beginning was also an echo created by Null, as I suspect, in which case, it could take place after AoL.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Site Staff
Definitely sometime long after ALBW I'd guess. There's some places I haven't gone to yet, like
Holy Mt. Lanayru and the area that I believe are the Lost Woods. Mt. Lanayru obviously would have to be the original Death Mountain, but I need to get the fog over it on the overworld map away so I can compare it to ALttP's map.

For the most part though everything lines up with ALttP's map, obviously it has extended borders though. Places like the ruins of Desert Palace, Lake Hylia, ruins of Swamp Palace, Eastern Palace (now called Eastern Temple), the hill where Link's house used to be, haunted grove, Hyrule castle, those rocks east of the castle, and the sanctuary directly north of the castle, it all all matches the ALttP map.

The only thing that doesn't line up is Kakariko Village but it seems clear that the original village is gone. I'm not sure what those pillar ruins east of the castle are in EoW, but my best guess is they were erected as a memorial of the original Kakariko.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom