• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

~Prefixes Added~

To make things more organized, I have recently added prefixes to the Classic, Pocket, and Modern Zelda sections of the forum. These prefixes work exactly like the ones which were added about a month ago to the Fan Art section. Using prefixes when posting in one of these sections is also mandatory, so if you forget to select a prefix for your thread, you will recieve an error message telling you to select one. Here is how the prefixes work for those who are unfamiliar...

Say you are posting a thread in the Classic Zelda section. That specific section includes discussion related to the following games: Legend of Zelda, Zelda 2: Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. When you go to post a thread, there is a drop-down box directly above the place where you type the "Title" of your thread. Use this to show a list of options to choose from as your prefix. You will choose the title of the game the thread is about. Once the thread is posted, it will show the title of the game to the left of the title of your thread.

The same goes for Pocket Zelda and Modern Zelda; Each of those sections will have prefixes for the games which are discussed in there. Also, prefixes have now been added to the Game Help section and also must be used in order to post a thread. The Game Help section will allow you to choose from ANY Zelda title as the prefix.

For those of you who are familiar with the "Spoiler" prefix which we have had here for as long as I can remember, that prefix will still be available in all Zelda sections, the Game Help section, and even in General Gaming. You can only choose one prefix at a time, however, so chosing the title of the game as well as "Spoiler" will not work. In the case of a spoiler, choose the "Spoiler" prefix over the title one. I doubt this will be a big issue since there aren't many spoiler threads anymore.

I hope this makes things a bit more organized for our forum community, as well as our staff here at Zelda Dungeon Forums. Post any feedback in this thread.

Thanks!

--EDIT--

I realized that some threads will be too broad to limit the subject to just one game of choice, even though we do separate the sections pretty well. Threads like "Favorite Pocket Zelda Game" or "Best Ocarina Song" would go in their respective forum sections, but a prefix for one specific game will not work. So, I have added General prefixes to all the required prefix sections. For example, if you were to post "Best Ocarina Song" in the Classic Zelda section, you would select "General Classic" as the prefix, since that topic would span both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

One thing that I do ask is that everyone still use the prefixes correctly if they are for one specific game. Don't just select General every time you post a thread because that pretty much makes using the prefix system useless.

ALSO, I have added a prefix for Ocarina of Time for the 3DS. This is shortened to "OoT-3DS" in the Pocket Zelda section.

==========================UPDATE (July 31, 2010)============================

Prefixes can now be clicked to limit thread viewing of the particular section to only that prefix. Clicking a prefix again will change thread viewing back to normal, showing all threads for the section.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom