• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Preferred Name

Preferred name for Link's Awakening

• Link's Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Island of Dreams

• Unsure

• Made my own

• Total voters

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
This is basically the same as Alttp. In Japan, LA is called Island of Dreams. I again prefer that title. While Link's Awakening does relate to the game, I can't think of any reason why the change was made. What do you prefer?

I think they both tell you to much about the game.

I'd rather would've liked something like Link's Deception.

Island of dreams spoils the surprise too much... I suppose Link's awakening does too... But Island of dreams is more obvious

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Honestly both of the names spoil the ending. I already knew how it was going to end just based of the title, and I haven't beat Link's Awakening yet. I think it should have been called something else. Nothing comes to mind but Sroa's name for it works kind of ... if it was better. :P

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Link's Awakening never ruined the ending for me. I took the title as meaning Link has some sort of revelation about the world or himself, not that he was sleeping. I prefer the Japanese title however, just because I'm a purist by nature, and by choice.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
:) For sure haha. I don't know how other players could have figured it out so quickly. That really would have ruined it for me..

Good question by the way, ihateghirahim. Also with the ALTTP post.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
To me, Island of Dreams sounds like something you'd find in a Kirby Game.

I voted Link's Awakening because, to be completely honest, it did not spoil the ending for me at all. I originally interpreted Link's Awakening as Link's rebirth, or his awakening after the storm. I never once thought that the whole game was going to turn out to be a dream.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Island of Dreams sounds so much cooler to me (even though it does spoil the surprise a bit more than Link's Awakening)

and also even though it reminds me of Spy Kids 2 Island of Lost Dreams....

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I prefer Link's Awakening again because I'm used to it. However, when I think of the term "Island of Dreams" or "Dream Island" (伝説 夢をみる島) I instantly think of Koholint Island since it WAS the only island present ingame. That would spoil a lot for me as I played the game. Once more, I prefer LA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom