• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Predict which Zelda game we'll get in 2019

We've been getting a Zelda game each year for quite some time now with ALBW, WWHD, TPHD, BoTW, TFH and HW...

So it's only natural to assume we'll get a game in 2019 too.

But what will this game be?

A port?
A remake?
Something original?

What are your bets for Zelda 2019?

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I Imagine we'll see a new game late this year and some time down the road, whether it be in 2020 or later, we'll get SSHD

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
If there is a new one this year it will be Skyward Sword HD. It is the only big 3D game not had a remake yet so it is next on the list.

I'm torn.

Do they go in order and release WWHD and TPHD in a lead up to SSHD.

Or do they release SSHD first and then pad out the wait for the next 3D game with WWHD and TPHD ports.

I wanna say they'll start with SSHD because we haven't seen that yet and after what Aonuma said it seems to exist in some capacity.

I just don't want SSHD.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I read an IGN article in which it was claimed that we won't be getting SS HD this year. It was implied that we'll get a new Zelda.

The SMS prediction. Drum roll!!!

A new 2D Zelda!

Note: I was not wearing my endowment Cloak of future vision, therefore my prediction can only have a 50/50 probability of being right, but if I am right, there is no need to question if my foresight is sound.

Last edited:

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
A mobile Zelda title. It'll be gimmicky and cost $10 and although it will make bank the first month of its availability, the money faucetwill suddenly run dry during the second month. Furukawa will shrug and say, "What happened?" and Zelda fans will tuck the title away with the CD-I titles and TFH.

I'll be completely honest, I think we may get the follow up to Breath of the Wild this year. If it's a November release, it will have had over two and a half years of development. That lines up with the time gap between Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, another asset reusing sequel that's more modern.

I do think that we will get a Zelda release for the Switch this year. I suspect that it will be a remake.

Skyward Sword HD seems the most logical, because this game does not have a remake yet but really needs one. The game was released at a time that the Wii has lost its popularity. For me, I was getting fed up by the "motion control" hype and I will probably not be alone. A remake that can be played with the Switch Pro controller, one of the best controllers ever, would be very welcoming. Also, do not get started about the poor graphics of the Wii...

However, the remakes that have been released for Wii U probably did not sell a lot of copies because, well, not so many people have a Wii U. So it is also possible that Nintendo decides to re-release these remakes on Switch.

I do not expect a completely new game somewhere this year. And I really, really hope that there will not be a mobile Zelda game...

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Note: I was not wearing my endowment Cloak of future vision, therefore my prediction can only have a 50/50 probability of being right, but if I am right, there is no need to question if my foresight is sound.
Cheapskate!!! No more fortune telling for you and your Cloak has been sent to a distant future :P

I hope for a new game but I'm guessing a remake and probably SSHD.

I bet we dont get anything this year. Next release will be SS remake for switch in 2020.
What I hope is sequel for BotW but that’s unlikely

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom