• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Potions (Minor Spoilers!)

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Potions took a brand new turn that we'd never seen before in a Zelda game. You can catch bugs with a net then go to the potion-maker's husband to get your potions upgraded. Not all potions are available at the beginning of the game, however. The potions that are available are as follows:

Heart Potion: This potion is available at the beginning of Skyward Sword. It restores up to eight hearts. Its color is red.

Revitalizing Potion: This is the first time we have ever seen this potion. It completely restores any damage that your shield has taken, and restores four of your hearts. Its color is pink.

Guardian Potion: This potion is very expensive, at a hefty 200 Rupees. It is well worth it, however. This potion halves your damage for an entire three minutes, making boss battles a breeze. t is similar to the Nayru's Love spell from Ocarina of Time that made you invincible for about 20 seconds, so this is nothing we haven't seen before. Its color is white.

So do you like these new potions? Do you enjoy the upgrading system? Leave your answers below!

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
The upgrade system was a great new content in the game. Although Adventure of Link had upgrading it was not as good as this. This game gives us items and bugs to collect giving us better items and equipment. Although I have no idea how birds feathers can create a shield it's still a great system. Upgrading the potions was great but not as good as the regular upgrading. It was harder to find and catch bugs than to collect items. The new potions were interesting but not very useful. I didn't really need to have more stamina or longer air time, but I love to see something new. I myself only used the Heart Potion, I never upgraded or got any others unless just to try them.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My problem is that there are only so many potions to get in this game, none are particularly useful (except Guardian especially in HM, and Heart when playing HM). The upgraded versions, however, are infinitely better and I can't do much besides beg every player to upgrade their potions to the ++ versions (Heart Potion++, for example). If anything, I just wish that Nintendo would've added many more differing potions, such as a cursed potion that makes enemies do more damage, for a challenger's sake.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I wasn't comparing SS' potions to other Zeldas, but to gaming in general. The reason I know many potions don't exist is because there aren't many status effects in SS, that's completely understandable.

The stamina potion is really useful for HM now that I think about it, and especially for speedruns if you so dare to partake. Guardian I'm not exactly sure, but doesn't it's + version give complete invincibility for a little while? If so, that's pretty awesome and definitely useful if needed in a tight situation (say, being overrun by two Lizalfos? :rolleyes: ) I loved the potion effects and seeing them in vids is even better, I just wish a couple other potions and correlating effects could've appeared that's all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom