• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Post Your Favorite Song Lyrics

キラ

Yo!
Let's have a thread to share some of our favorite lyrics from our favorite songs. Mark as "Explicit" if need be. I'll start.

Linkin Park - Numb
And I know
I may end up failing too.
But I know
that you were just like me with someone disappointed in you!

Last edited:

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
From Billy Joel's "The Downeaster 'Alexa'"

I've got bills to pay and children who need clothes
I know there's fish out there but where God only knows
They say these waters aren't what they used to be
But I've got people back on land who count on me

Perseverance is a trait I consider highly important, it's a trait I want to work on. This song gave me hope in a time I was about to give up what I didn't even know I had.

Last edited:

キラ

Yo!
Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
And I hope that you are
Having the time of your life
But think twice
That's my only advice

Come on now, who do you
Who do you, who do you, who do you think you are?
Ha ha ha, bless your soul!
You really think you're in control?

Well, I think you're crazy
I think you're crazy
I think you're crazy
Just like me

Last edited:
I'm not really big on lyrics when it comes to music, but a few come to mind at the moment:

(the first ones are full song lyrics because I don't think they should be taken out of context)

Radiohead - Videotape

When I'm at the pearly gates
This will be on my videotape, my videotape
Mephistopheles is just beneath
And he's reaching up to grab me

This is one for the good days
And I have it all here in red, blue, green
In red, blue, green

You are my center when I spin away
Out of control on videotape, on videotape
On videotape, on videotape, on videotape

This is my way of saying goodbye
Cause I can't do it face to face
So talking to you after it's too late

No matter what happens now
You shouldn't be afraid
Because I know today has been
The most perfect day I've ever seen
Alice In Chains - Junkhead (live version)

A good night, the best in a long time
A new friend turned me on to an old favorite
Nothing better than a dealer who's high
Be high, convince them to buy

What's my drug of choice?
Well, what have you got?
I don't go broke
And I do it a lot

Seems so sick to the hypocrite norm
Running their boring drills
But we are an elite race of our own
The stoners, junkies, and freaks

Are you happy? I am, man.

Content and fully aware
Money, status, you can have them
If your life's empty and bare

Well, what have you got?
I don't go broke
And I do it a lot
I do it a lot, yeah

You can't understand a user's mind
But try, with your books and degrees
If you let yourself go and opened your mind
I'll bet you'd be doing like me
And it ain't so bad

Whatever you've got
I don't go broke
And I do it a lot
Say, I do it a lot!
I do it a lot!
I do it a lot!
Say, I do it a lot!
Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage (just a snippet)

People seemed to like our song
They got up n danced n made a lotta noise
An it wasn't fore very long
A guy from a company we can't name
Said we oughta take his pen
N sign on the line for a real good time
But he didn't tell us when
These good times would be somethin
That was really happenin

Some pretty powerful stuff, if you ask me.

キラ

Yo!
Dido - Thank You
My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window and I can't see at all
And even if I could it'll all be gray, but your picture on my wall
It reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Sugar Ray - Fly
All around the world statues crumble for me

Suicide Silence - Destruction Of A Statue
As... I look up to you
A cold carved stone, that I look up to for guidance
now your lost smashed to pieces, by this hammer I have
with this I swear you'll crumble, reaping what I have, cold cry
your face your guidance wont be in vein, last time
your face, not again!, forget your face? I count this watching crumbling down,from the sky
and with this hammer you will crumble! from the sky, you will crumble,
from the sky, destroy such beauty, count the lies on my own fingertips,
destroy such beauty, death awaits
destroy such beauty! please forgive me

Bring Me The Horizon - For Stevie Wonder's Eyes Only (Braille)
I whispered in her ear:
Fear me dear, for I am Death

System Of A Down - Innervision
It's never too late to reinvent the bicycle

System Of A Down - Forest
Take this promise for a ride
you saw the forest, now come inside
You took the legend for it's fall
you saw the product of it all
no televisions in the air
no circumcisions on the chair
You made the weapons for us all
just look at us now

System Of A Down - B.Y.O.B
Barbarisms by Barbaras
With pointed heels.
Victorious, victories kneel.
For brand new spankin' deals.
Marching forward hypocritic
And hypnotic computers.
You depend on our protection,

Yet you feed us lies from the table cloth.

[...]

Kneeling roses disappearing,
Into Moses' dry mouth,
Breaking into Fort Knox,
Stealing our intentions,
Hangars sitting dripped in oil,
Crying FREEDOM!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I've got a few:

Avenged Sevenfold - Fiction

The last song written by original drummer, The Rev, handed to the band 3 days before his death. It is commonly accepted that this was his suicide note. As he is one of my favourite drummers, this song really gets to me.

Now I think I understand How this world can overcome a man Like a friend we saw it through In the end I gave my life for you Gave you all I had to give Found a place for me to rest my head While I may be hard to find Heard there's peace just on the other side Not that I could Or that I would Let it burn Under my skin Let it burn Left this life to set me free Took a piece of you inside of me All this hurt can finally fade Promise me you'll never feel afraid Not that I could Or that I would Let it burn Under my skin Let it burn I hope it's worth it Here on the highway, yeah I know you'll find your own way When I'm not with you So tell everybody The ones who walk beside me, yeah I hope you'll find your own way When I'm not with you tonight I hope it's worth it What's left behind me, yeah I know you'll find your own way When I'm not with you So tell everybody The ones who walk beside me, yeah I know you'll find your own way When I'm not with you tonight

Rush - The Wreckers

All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary of a miracle too good to be true, All I know is that sometimes the truth is contrary everything in life you thought you knew All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary, 'cause sometimes the target is you. All I know is that memory can be too much to carry striking down like a bolt from the blue All I know is that sometimes the truth is contrary everything in life you thought you knew

Miley Cyrus - The Climb

There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb

Metallica - Fade to Black

Life, it seems, will fade away Drifting further every day Getting lost within myself Nothing matters, no one else I have lost the will to live Simply nothing more to give There is nothing more for me Need the end to set me free Things not what they used to be Missing one inside of me Deathly lost, this can't be real Cannot stand this hell I feel Emptiness is filling me To the point of agony Growing darkness taking dawn I was me, but now he's gone No one but me can save myself, but it's too late Now I can't think, think why I should even try Yesterday seems as though it never existed Death greets me warm, now I will just say goodbye

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality. Open your eyes, Look up to the skies and see, I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy, Because I'm easy come, easy go, Little high, little low, Anyway the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me. Mama, just killed a man, Put a gun against his head, Pulled my trigger, now he's dead. Mama, life had just begun, But now I've gone and thrown it all away. Mama, ooh, Didn't mean to make you cry, If I'm not back again this time tomorrow, Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters. Too late, my time has come, Sends shivers down my spine, Body's aching all the time. Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go, Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth. Mama, ooh (anyway the wind blows), I don't wanna die, I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all. I see a little silhouetto of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango? Thunderbolt and lightning, Very, very frightening me. (Galileo) Galileo. (Galileo) Galileo, Galileo Figaro Magnifico. I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me. He's just a poor boy from a poor family, Spare him his life from this monstrosity. Easy come, easy go, will you let me go? Bismillah! No, we will not let you go. (Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go. (Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go. (Let me go!) Will not let you go. (Let me go!) Never, never let you go Never let me go, oh. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Oh, mama mia, mama mia (Mama mia, let me go.) Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me. So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye? So you think you can love me and leave me to die? Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby, Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here. (Oh, yeah, oh yeah) Nothing really matters, Anyone can see, Nothing really matters, Nothing really matters to me. Anyway the wind blows...

キラ

Yo!
I've got a few:

Avenged Sevenfold - Fiction

The last song written by original drummer, The Rev, handed to the band 3 days before his death. It is commonly accepted that this was his suicide note. As he is one of my favourite drummers, this song really gets to me.

Now I think I understand How this world can overcome a man Like a friend we saw it through In the end I gave my life for you Gave you all I had to give Found a place for me to rest my head While I may be hard to find Heard there's peace just on the other side Not that I could Or that I would Let it burn Under my skin Let it burn Left this life to set me free Took a piece of you inside of me All this hurt can finally fade Promise me you'll never feel afraid Not that I could Or that I would Let it burn Under my skin Let it burn I hope it's worth it Here on the highway, yeah I know you'll find your own way When I'm not with you So tell everybody The ones who walk beside me, yeah I hope you'll find your own way When I'm not with you tonight I hope it's worth it What's left behind me, yeah I know you'll find your own way When I'm not with you So tell everybody The ones who walk beside me, yeah I know you'll find your own way When I'm not with you tonight

Rush - The Wreckers

All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary of a miracle too good to be true, All I know is that sometimes the truth is contrary everything in life you thought you knew All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary, 'cause sometimes the target is you. All I know is that memory can be too much to carry striking down like a bolt from the blue All I know is that sometimes the truth is contrary everything in life you thought you knew

Miley Cyrus - The Climb

There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb

Metallica - Fade to Black

Life, it seems, will fade away Drifting further every day Getting lost within myself Nothing matters, no one else I have lost the will to live Simply nothing more to give There is nothing more for me Need the end to set me free Things not what they used to be Missing one inside of me Deathly lost, this can't be real Cannot stand this hell I feel Emptiness is filling me To the point of agony Growing darkness taking dawn I was me, but now he's gone No one but me can save myself, but it's too late Now I can't think, think why I should even try Yesterday seems as though it never existed Death greets me warm, now I will just say goodbye

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality. Open your eyes, Look up to the skies and see, I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy, Because I'm easy come, easy go, Little high, little low, Anyway the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me. Mama, just killed a man, Put a gun against his head, Pulled my trigger, now he's dead. Mama, life had just begun, But now I've gone and thrown it all away. Mama, ooh, Didn't mean to make you cry, If I'm not back again this time tomorrow, Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters. Too late, my time has come, Sends shivers down my spine, Body's aching all the time. Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go, Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth. Mama, ooh (anyway the wind blows), I don't wanna die, I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all. I see a little silhouetto of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango? Thunderbolt and lightning, Very, very frightening me. (Galileo) Galileo. (Galileo) Galileo, Galileo Figaro Magnifico. I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me. He's just a poor boy from a poor family, Spare him his life from this monstrosity. Easy come, easy go, will you let me go? Bismillah! No, we will not let you go. (Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go. (Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go. (Let me go!) Will not let you go. (Let me go!) Never, never let you go Never let me go, oh. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Oh, mama mia, mama mia (Mama mia, let me go.) Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me. So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye? So you think you can love me and leave me to die? Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby, Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here. (Oh, yeah, oh yeah) Nothing really matters, Anyone can see, Nothing really matters, Nothing really matters to me. Anyway the wind blows...

I recently got into A7X. That song sounds so sad and it's even sadder to know that it probably was The Rev's suicide note...

I also love Fade to Black and Bohemian Rhapsody.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Sonata Arctica- I Have a Right

Give me the gift to be heard, To be seen, to be loved, to be free, To be everything... I need to be me, To be safe, to believe... in something

I have a right to be heard, To be seen, to be loved, to be free, To be everything... I need to be me, To be safe, to believe... in something...

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Oh, I'm gonna have quite a few...

Three Days Grace

Break said:
Break away from everybody, break away from everything! If you can’t stand the way this place is, take yourself to higher places!

Pain said:
(I know, I know, I know, I know) I know that you're wounded! (You know, you know, you know, you know) Yhat I'm here to save you! (You know, you know, you know, you know) I'm always here for you! (I know, I know, I know, I know) That you'll thank me later!

Never Too Late said:
Even if I say it'll be alright, still I hear you say you want to end your life! Now and again, we try to just stay alive! Maybe we'll turn it all around, 'cause it's not too late, it's never too late!

Never Too Late said:
The world we knew won't come back! The time we've lost can't get back! The life we had won't be ours again!

Unbreakable Heart said:
So when you’re feeling crazy, and things fall apart, listen to your head, remember who you are. You’re the one, you’re the unbreakable heart! You’re the one, you’re the unbreakable heart! You’re the one, you’re the one!

Bitter Taste said:
Just let me say one thing, I've had enough. You're selfish and sorry, you'll never learn how to love. As your world disassembles, better keep your head up.

Broken Glass said:
All we are is broken glass, thrown to the floor we were never meant to last! And all we are, are empty shells! Try to pick us up you’re gonna cut yourself!

Get Out Alive said:
Don't put your life in someone's hands, they're bound to steal it away. Don't hide your mistakes, 'cause they'll find you, burn you.

Get Out Alive said:
If I stay, it won't be long 'til I'm burning on the inside! If I go, I can only hope that I make it to the other side!

Life Starts Now said:
'Cause life starts now, you've done all the things that could kill you somehow! And you're so far down, but you will survive this somehow, because life starts now!

Life Starts Now said:
I hate to see you fall down, I'll pick you up off the ground. I've watched the weight of your world come down. And now it's your chance to move on, change the way you've lived for so long find the strength you've had inside all along!

Life Starts Now said:
All this pain, take this life and make it yours! All this hate, take your heart and let it love again! You will survive this somehow!

Lost in You said:
Somehow I found a way to get lost in you. Let me inside, let me get close to you. Change your mind, I'll get lost if you want me to. Somehow I found a way to get lost in you.

Lost in You said:
You always thought that I left myself open, but you didn't know I was already broken.

Lost in You said:
The pain of it all, the rise and the fall, I see it all in you!

Someone Who Cares said:
It's so hard to find someone who cares about you, but it's easy enough to find someone who looks down on you. Why is it so hard to find someone who cares about you, when it's easy enough to find someone who looks down on you?

Someone Who Cares said:
Why is it so hard to find someone who can keep it together when you've come undone?

Linkin Park

In The End said:
Time is a valuable thing, watch it fly by as the pendulum swings. Watch it count down to the end of the day, the clock ticks life away.

In The End said:
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart. What it meant to be will eventually be a memory of a time when...

In The End said:
I tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter! I had to fall to lose it all, but in the end it doesn't even matter!

In The End said:
I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go.

Somewhere I Belong said:
I wanna heal, I wanna feel what I thought was never real! I wanna let go of the pain I've felt so long (Erase all the pain till it’s gone)! I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real! I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along, somewhere I belong!

Somewhere I Belong said:
I will never know myself until I do this on my own, and I will never feel anything else, until my wounds are healed! I will never be anything till I break away from me! I will break away, I'll find myself today!

Faint said:
I am a little bit of loneliness, a little bit of disregard. Handful of complaints, but I can’t help the fact that everyone can see these scars.

Faint said:
I can't feel the way I did before, don't turn your back on me, I won't be ignored! Time won't heal this damage anymore, don't turn your back on me, I won't be ignored!

Faint said:
I am a little bit insecure, a little unconfident. 'Cause you don't understand, I do what I can, but sometimes I don't make sense.

Faint said:
Now! Hear me out now, you're gonna listen to me, like it or not! Right now! Hear me out now, you're gonna listen to me, like it or not! Right now!

Breaking the Habit said:
I don't want to be the one the battles always choose, 'cause inside I realize that I'm the one confused.

Breaking the Habit said:
I don't know what's worth fighting for or why I have to scream. I don't know why I instigate, and say what I don't mean. I don't know how I got this way, I know it's not alright. So I'm breaking the habit, I'm breaking the habit tonight.

Numb said:
I've become so numb, I can't feel you there! Become so tired, so much more aware! I'm becoming this, all I want to do is be more like me and be less like you!

Numb said:
And I know I may end up failing too! But I know, you were just like me with someone disappointed in you!

Leave out All the Rest said:
After my dreaming, I woke with this fear. What am I leaving when I'm done here?

When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done! Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed! Don't resent me, and when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory! Leave out all the rest, leave out all the rest.

Don't be afraid, I've taken my beating, I've shared what I've made. I'm strong on the surface, not all the way through. I've never been perfect, but neither have you.

Forgetting all the hurt inside you've learned to hide so well. Pretending someone else can come and save me from myself. I can't be who you are.

Burning in the Skies said:
And in the end we were made to be apart, like separate chambers of the human heart.

Blackout said:
Floating down, as colors fill the light, we look up from the ground in fields of paperwhite. And floating up, you pass us in the night. A future gazing out, a past to overwrite. So come down, far below, we've been waiting to collect the things you know. Come down, far below, we've been waiting to collect what you've let go.

The Catalyst said:
Like memories in cold decay, transmissions echoing away, far from the world of you and I, where oceans bleed into the sky!

The Catalyst said:
Lift me up, let me go.

Burn it Down said:
All that I needed was the one thing I couldn't find.

Castle of Glass said:
'Cause I'm only a crack in this castle of glass. Hardly anything there for you to see, for you to see.

Castle of Glass said:
Wash the sorrow from off my skin, and show me how to be whole again.

Castle of Glass said:
'Cause I'm only a crack in this castle of glass. Hardly anything else I need to be.

Lies Greed Misery said:
So you can save your petty explanations, I don't have the patience. Before you even say it I know.

Lies Greed Misery said:
What is it you want me to tell you? I am not the failure, I would rather live and let be. But you came with the right kind of threat to push me to let you know you can't intimidate me. You disrespect me so clearly, now you better hear me, that is not the way it goes down.

Lost in the Echo said:
I've seen that frustration, been crossed and lost and told "no". And I've come back unshaken, let down and lived and let go. So you can let it be known, I don't hold back, I hold my own.

Lost in the Echo said:
I can't fall back, I came too far. Hold myself up and love my scars.

New Divide said:
In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you denied! And each regret, and each goodbye, was a mistake too great to hide!

Shadow of the Day said:
Sometimes solutions aren't so simple, sometimes goodbye's the only way.

Shadow of the Day said:
And the sun will set for you, the sun will set for you. And the shadow of the day will embrace the world in gray, and the sun will set for you, the sun will set for you.

Shadow of the Day said:
Sometimes beginnings aren't so simple, sometimes goodbye's the only way.

Waiting for the End said:
(Oh) I know what it takes to move on. (Oh) I know how it feels to lie. (Oh) All I want to do is trade this life for something new, holding on to what I haven't got.

Waiting for the End said:
The hardest part of ending is starting again.

Maroon 5

Misery said:
I am in misery, there ain't nobody who can comfort me (Oh yeah). Why won't you answer me? The silence is slowly killing me (Oh yeah).

Misery said:
Not that I didn't care, it's that I didn't know. It's not what I didn't feel, it's what I didn't show.

Misery said:
You say your faith is shaken, and you may be mistaken.

She Will Be Loved said:
I don't mind spending every day out on your corner in the pouring rain. Look for the girl with the broken smile, ask her if she wants to stay awhile, and she will be loved, and she will be loved.

She Will Be Loved said:
Tap on my window, knock on my door, I want to make you feel beautiful.

She Will Be Loved said:
It's not always rainbows and butterflies, it's compromise that moves us along, yeah. My heart is full and my door's always open, you come anytime you want, yeah.

She Will Be Loved said:
Please don't try so hard to say goodbye, please don't try so hard to say goodbye.

Moves Like Jagger said:
Maybe it's hard when you feel like you're broken and scarred. Nothing feels right, but when you're with me, I'll make you believe that I've got the key.

Fortune Teller said:
I'll never know how the future will go. I don't know what to tell you, I'm not a fortune teller. I'll never change, but I want you to stay. I don't know what to tell you, I'm not a fortune teller.

Fortune Teller said:
I know that what I'm thinking may not be on your mind. I know the song I'm singing is not your favorite kind.

Fortune Teller said:
This feeling keeps growing, these rivers keep flowing. How can I have answers when you drown me in questions?

If I Never See Your Face Again said:
Baby, baby, please believe me. Find it in your heart to reach me. Promise not to leave me behind (Promise not to leave me behind).

Love Somebody said:
I know your insides are feeling so hollow, and it's a hard pill for you to swallow, yeah. But if I fall for you, I'll never recover. If I fall for you, I'll never be the same.

Love Somebody said:
I really wanna love somebody, I really wanna dance the night away.

Love Somebody said:
I really wanna touch somebody, I think about you every single day.

Love Somebody said:
You're such a hard act for me to follow. Love me today, don't leave me tomorrow, yeah.

Makes Me Wonder said:
I still don't have the reason, and you don't have the time. And it really makes me wonder if I ever gave a fuck about you.

Makes Me Wonder said:
Give me something to believe in, 'cause I don't believe in you anymore.

Makes Me Wonder said:
I've been here before, one day I'll wake up and it won't hurt anymore.

Payphone said:
Oh, you turned your back on tomorrow, 'cause you forgot yesterday. I gave you my love to borrow, but you just gave it away.

Payphone said:
You can't expect me to be fine, I don't expect you to care.

Payphone said:
Yeah, yeah, now baby don't hang up, so I can tell you what you need to know! Baby, I'm begging you, just please don't go, so I can tell you what you need to know!

Wipe Your Eyes said:
Hey you, come over and let me embrace you. I know that I'm causing you pain too, but remember if you need to cry, I'm here to wipe your eyes.

Wipe Your Eyes said:
When did we cross the line? How could we forget? Why do we let the pressure get into our heads? Your broken heart requires all of my attention, 'cause something isn't right, I don't wanna fight you.

Wipe Your Eyes said:
Please don't lose your faith, don't worry 'cause I'm here to keep you safe. I promise if you let me see your face that I won't let you down, I won't let you down. I'm here to wipe your eyes.

I could likely come up with more, but these are the main bands I listen to, so good enough.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Modest Mouse - Edit Out the Sad Parts:

Sometimes all I really want to feel is love
Sometimes I'm angry that I feel so angry
Sometimes my feelings get in the way
Of what I really feel I needed to say

Porcupine Tree - Dark Matter

This has become a full time career
To die young would take only 21 years
Gun down a school or blow up a car
The media circus wil make you a star

The Flaming Lips - The W.A.N.D.

Time after time those fanatical minds try to rule all the world
Telling us all it's them who's in charge of it all
I've got a tricked out magic stick that will make them all fall
We've got the power now, motherf*ckers; that's where it belongs

キラ

Yo!
Tyler, The Creator - B astard [EXPLICIT]
This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep
Some food for thought, this food for death, go ahead and ****ing eat
My father's dead, well I don't know, we'll never ****ing meet
I cut my wrist and play piano cause I'm so depressed
Somebody call the pastor, this b astard is so possessed
This meeting just begun, ***** I'm Satan's son

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The Vapors - Jhene Aiko ft Chance the Rapper (Chance's verse)
Please don't rain on my parade
The falling from the sky
Just remind of the days when you was cry-ing for attention
I ignored it as a phase until you couldn't
Take tension
Now I wish you would have stayed
Walking through the smoke and mirrors
I'm burdened, you burning bridges
Memories fading faded it help you to not
Remember
The trials and tribulations
Eyes red from crying