• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Post Game Content

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Sidequests? Depends. Do they lead to awesome dungeons and new items that are useful in post game? Yes please. If these sidequests are just for more upgrades that are basically useless, or a few heart containers or things that are otherwise useless within post game, no thanks.

I'd prefer our post game content be at the very least three new dungeons to tackle that tax your abilities as a swordsman, as a skilled (hidden skills hint hint nudge nudge) swordsman, as an avid item collector and even how much health you have. I want these to be puzzling while at the same time action packed. Short of what I mean is a Maze of Tribulations/Wandering Dungeon/Cave of Seven Stars/Sphere 211 type dungeon. Nintendo can do it as Enix, Tri-Ace and Squaresoft have done it before. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbdh_t_nan0 (Sphere)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRk6J4kE2Ak (MoT)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy8MCOdgYP4 (Co7S)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm25uwfjCHA (WD)

All of that in addition to the obligatory "second quest" mode, of course.

Last edited:
-Boss battle replay (a la SS)
-A menu where we can watch CUTSCENES over and over again! (especially since I hope this game realistic graphics/awesome cutscenes)

And in the second quest...
-NEW content (different side dungeons, etc etc)
-Harder, like the Hero Mode in SS
-Characters have different costumes (like in WW, but with more than just Link and Ariel)
-I don't know what else...surprise us, Nintendo!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
-Harder, like the Hero Mode in SS

But Hero Mode wasn't harder; there were simply higher damage multipliers and no recovery hearts w/o heart medal equipped. If the enemies behaved differently, had better movement speeds, different positions in the world etc, the second quest would be harder but a Hero Mode isn't actually harder. :I

Speaking of the second quest, I'd love to see NEW content like different sidedungeons just like HH said. And a completely revamped, remixed overworld like that of The Second Quest from LoZ would be perfect! :P

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'd like to see an extra dungeon in the 2nd quest. One you do after you beat all the others (save the final boss). This wouldn't be required to beat the main quest. It would be like the Cave of Ordeals. Something extra for the more experienced player to test themselves on. A dungeon with the hardest of puzzles, the most unforgiving combat, and the most brutal final boss or end monster(s).

Kirino

Tatakae
- While not necessarily post-game content, I would like different difficulty levels. Possibly some unlocked after beating the game. I would also like a second quest, or new game+. One that actually changes the game to make it worth playing again.

- A real challenge. An ultimate dungeon. I want the end of the dungeon to have a super-boss. I want something like this available to hardcore Zelda players who want a real challenge. Something that tests your skills.

- A world that continues after the game ends. What annoys me about Zelda is that after beating the final boss, the world always goes back to before you finished the game. I want to see what happens after the game ends. How the world and characters are after it ends. Like TTYD and Super Paper Mario.

Extra dungeons and sidequests too, but we shouldn't have to wait until the end of the game for most of those.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The thing that bugs me about Zelda fans and difficulty...is how easily satisfied fans are. Just give them higher hitting enemies and faux difficulty and the bulk of them will shut up. But in the end, this time is wasted on something that the fan could do themselves in the form of a 3-heart challenge.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The thing that bugs me about Zelda fans and difficulty...is how easily satisfied fans are. Just give them higher hitting enemies and faux difficulty and the bulk of them will shut up. But in the end, this time is wasted on something that the fan could do themselves in the form of a 3-heart challenge.

No problem with being easily satisfied, and in fact it is a somewhat honorable trait to have. However, difficulty can be given very easily in a post game-friendly fashion (not talking about a second quest here) and that is via ruthless dungeons that only an elite player would want to traverse. By placing a dungeon in some location -- it could be within a friendly hub or something -- that has insanely quick enemies such as quicker variants of a standard enemy you find in the first dungeon, you automatically achieve true difficulty. Damage multipliers can come next, but the highest priority is making enemies speedier. Normally I'd say different puzzles, but honestly once you figure a puzzle out once, you've figured it out forever for the most part. What I mean by that is, puzzles are one dimensional but enemies have multiple dimensions.

After movement speed and attack speed boosts, I'd vary the enemies attacks to all new things. But that's just me. ;)

Last edited:
L

lulles

I'm all for sidequests! One of the reasons I love Majora's Mask is because of its side quests. Even if we don't necessarily get a new item by completing the sidequest, just getting to know the characters better is enough for me.

I do all the sidequests post game anyway, Zelda games are far too easy so i dont need to run around collecting heart pieces etc until after im done with it, it makes the game last longer if i do it that way too. So more sidequests opening up after the main game is done wouldnt mean much to me.

I do like Ven's idea though, some dungeons should open up based on testing you, like how you just know Red in pokemon went on a pilgrimage and made things hard for himself, dungeons like that should open up for Link, let him show off in the dungeons of danger post game. =]
Though without a story if these dungeons were post game i may get a lil bored unless a side story shows up about the dungeons themselves.

I pretty much try and complete the main story before attempting the other stuff, that to me is my post game content. The amount I leave undone is quite alot and I don't really welcome the idea of unlocking more because I already have enough on my plate to begin with. Hero Mode in Skyward Sword was a good way to play more but I didn't like the idea of saving over your original file. I don't mind a second playthrough done again as long as you can save it over another file similar to how the Wind Waker did it, but I don't want anything added like new dungeons, items etc. in the second playthrough except tweaks in the mechanics department e.g. increased damage ratio, enhanced enemy AI etc.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Don't get me wrong, I love sidequests. It allows you to become better acquainted with the areas of the game and some of the characters who live within the diegesis of the game you're playing but once I beat the main story of a game it really annoys me if I have not yet "100%ed" it as that feeling of accomplishment quickly goes out the window. I also rarely feel an urge to play a game after I've finished the main story unless I'm starting it again from the beginning.

The Assassin's Creed series is a prime example of this. Until you were able to purchase the treasure/flag locations, I could never be bothered to go hunting for them if I didn't encounter them in my playthrough.

I like to do all side quests before completing the main story (if possible) for the above reason.

So, I guess the answer to your question is nay.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Post game content would be an amazing addition to the series IMO. The one thing that has always bothered me when finishing a Zelda game is how little time it took me to do so compared to other Action Adventure/RPG games. The reason it takes so long for other games to have fully "beaten" them (if you even can do so in some cases) is the sheer amount of post game/side - content we can find. Which I would single out as the Zelda Game's main problem, lack of content. The solution does not seem to be that hard either, there are a wide variety of things the series could incorporate into their games to make them live longer; Sure it's hard to add these things but my point is that the ideas are out there, Nintendo just has to use them and/or take inspiration from them to make their own ideas.

We have mini-games that we've seen in almost every title, the sword challenges in SS & MM, shooting gallery in OoT, bombing pots in TP, Cucco hunting in TMC & OoT and a bunch of other stuff. The things I mentioned here didn't even scratch the surface of the mini-games we've seen throughout the series. However my point is that Nintendo could most likely add updated versions of every single mini-game we've played throughout the series in Zelda U since memory won't be a problem with the new console.

Then we have collectible quests, which IMO are poorly made but fun nevertheless. This includes heart piece hunting (all games), golden skulltulas in OoT, rabbits from ST, masks in MM, treasure chests TWW, golden bugs & poe souls from TP and some other ones. Now my main problem with these quests would be that their rewards are pretty lame, let's take TP for an example; we get an infinite source of money after collecting all of the poe souls. Now what good will that do when we have nothing to spend it on and the only thing in the game that consumes money is also partially useless because we only have somewhat of a use of it in the Cave of Ordeals, which (IMO) isn't challenging.

Now compare this to just the amount of side content you can explore in Skyrim (Note; I don't want Zelda to turn into Skyrim but some inspiration for it's side content would be nice). Skyrim has more side content that main content, that's just how much there is, if Zelda were to at least have side content as long as the main quest in a game it would be a huge step. And this is definitely possible now on the Zelda U considering that the console is more powerful than a Xbox 360/PS3.

I'm not here to just moan/complain/cry about the side content of the Zelda series because I do have some ideas for how Nintendo could fix their situation (if they even have on I guess), but I wish that side content in the series would have more time, money and development put into it. Even MM the game that I consider to have the best side content out of all the Zelda games is pretty lame compared to modern day games like Zelda. And yes I know it's an old game but that is exactly my point, a game that is over 10 years old hasn't been beaten in quality side content (and quantity to I guess). It feels as if the Zelda series is slacking because of this even compared to itself, I'm at this point not comparing the game to Skyrim, Dragon Age or Darksiders. I'm comparing the series with itself and it hasn't improved that much in terms of side content.

So how do we (they) fix this? :yes:

Well, as I said in the beginning of my post the solution is already out there Nintendo just has to use it. Something I personally see could improve the series's lore vastly is to add lore objects/quests, these are quests/books that explain some of Zelda's lore (lore = knowledge/story) and could give more stuff to theorize about and/or clear up plot holes/mysteries; for instance a quest that explains the mystery of the Lost Woods or a lore object that explains the Civil War?
Then we have the mini-games & collectible quests I mentioned, just make them more rewarding. Maybe expand upon SS's way of upgrading stuff and it's economy by adding proffessions to craft equipment, weapons and items? or add a bunch of vendors that sell this stuff. To expand upon this maybe include rewards that give crafting materials, recipes etc.

A lot of stuff can be added and a lot of it would most likely change Zelda forever but then again, that is what I'd like to happen at least on a small scale. However they can also just stick as much to the formula as possible in the end I don't really care as much as it might seem in this post because I'll always love the series and play it since I have this magical invisible connection but I welcome change and always will! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom