• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Possibility of Multiple Overworlds

Clearly just conjecture, but what with the close ties to A Link to the Past, the thought of possible multiple overworlds in the upcoming Zelda for the 3DS crossed my mind. There's no denying that the inclusion of the dark world was a major asset to A Link to the Past, and exploring different versions of the same areas was pretty awesome. That being said, I'm not sure I even like the idea of seeing multiple overworlds again, as originality is something I always hope for in new Zelda titles.

At any rate, do any of you have any thoughts on such a possibility? Do you think multiple overworlds seem likely or unlikely? Would you like to see it implemented? How do you think it could be implemented differently than what we've seen before?

I see multiple overworlds being unlikely, it'd be nice to have more like the dark world, perhaps a silent world and yet another different version of the same overworld? But whatever happens i doubt we'll be seeing something wholly new.

Its hard to think about ALttP2 without thinking about everything ALttP did, i can't imagine ALttP not using the dark world but surely that overworld wont be exactly the same will it? Surely there will be another version of it?

We'll have to see, though i do like the idea of yet another version of the familiar overworld

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Unlikely but I cannot wait for thsi game to release. Make multiple overworlds hapyp and I will SCREECH with excitement. <3

I'd like to see ALttP's Dark World return but this time the choices made in that separate world affecting the Light World.

I've voiced my thoughts on the topic before in other threads but the consequences of a player's actions should be visible throughout the adventure. Neglecting a sidequest or helping a needy denizen, slaying a monster of letting it roam the world, upgrading an item or letting it be should impact Link's journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom