• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Possibility of a Prequel?

Z

Zora_Waterfall

Playing SS, I noticed that it doesn't seem to tie up with ALttP when it comes to the creation of the Master Sword. Trying to think of ways they could, I thought that the Master Sword wasn't so much created in SS as developed. So I think its the actual Goddess Sword is the sword in the ALttP prologue.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda03-a-link-to-the-past-story.php

The obvious problems with this are:
-The sword was said to be made to kill Ganon.
-Ganon gets the Triforce.

But aren't Demise and Ganon, effectively, the same thing? And Demise could have gotten the Triforce of Power at some point. This is supported by his knowledge of it, when Hylia seemed to want to keep it secret, and the Triforce is split when you get it. The text doesn't necessarily say that Ganon made a wish either. Maybe Hylia found a way to extract it from him.

So maybe a game is based around the creation of the Goddess Sword. The indications? Mainly the sages.

The ALttP prologue mentions "seven wise men" which are almost definitely the sages. They are said to be looking for someone able to wield the sword, while the people of Hyrule are said to forge it. In SS Link is chosen to wield it because he has "unbreakable spirit". That fits together, and the way the Master Sword is used so frequently suggests that that barrier was only on the Goddess Sword. But the Goddess is the one looking for the wielder. Have any sages anything to do with Hylia?

The sages' symbols are found where the Goddess Statue meets the Sealed Temple. They're on the ceiling. This suggests that the sages were in contact with the Goddess. They could have helped the Goddess with the things she was said to have done, especially with regards to finding a wielder; Skyloft's ascension, the placement of the sword etc.
Storyguide_prologue.jpg

From left to right- Robot, Parella, Kikwi, Goddess, Goron and Mogma
The Kikwi, Parella and Goron are naturally the sages of Forest, Water and Fire respectively. I think that the Mogma fits surprisingly well into the title of Sage of Shadow, considering how much time they spend burrowing and being slightly sneaky in that you never know when one will pop up.

Assuming that there is no leader sage, the Robot's and Goddesses elements are debatable.

The reasons for and against the robot being the Sage of Spirits are:
-While they never go near sand in their natural lifetime, they are associated with it.
-Going back in time to see them full of life is in balance with the fact that are dull and rusty in the future.

-They are artificial and so have no spirits.

Robots for light:
Electricity associated with light.

Goddess for spirit:
Tranfers her spirit into the body of a mortal.

Goddess for light:
Is highlighted in the SS prologue, kind of like how Rauru seems to be second-in-command of the sages.

Finally, Link. He would obviously be in the game. Zelda tells him, on top of the Goddess Statue, that the Goddess gave a Sailcloth to her chosen hero. This is the perfect excuse to put my new favourite item into the game. The uniform of the knight academy struck me as something that might be done out of respect. Much like ST, it's probably down to the previous Link. Don't you think the original colour would be suitable celebration of the academy's 25th anniversary?

Limk's role might be similiar to that of the later half of PH; gathering materials so that someone else can forge the sword.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Demise and Ganon aren't the same thing. If you read the text right before he dies, he says his hatred will be incarnated. But he get's sealed into the Master Sword for an eternity.

Djinn

and Tonic
What sword are you talking about that was made to kill Ganon? There's nothing about that at all in the entire series.

I think they are talking about the ALTTP storyline which states the Master Sword was forged to combat Ganon in the Imprisoning War. Mention of ancient sages making it before came a little after in the story of OoT.

Suspecting that Ganon's power was based on the Triforce's magic, the people of Hyrule forged a sword resistant to magic which could repulse even powers granted by the Triforce. This mighty weapon became known as the blade of evil's bane, or the Master Sword. It was so powerful that only one who was pure of heart and strong of body could wield it.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Alright, the thing that I think indicates that there is the possibility of a Skyward Sword prequel, is the fact that there are complete Hylian Royal crests in the game, those with the Triforce on them. This is the symbol of the Hylian Royal family after all, and we don't know that the one in Ocarina of Time is inspired by anything else.

I don't know... The bird on it is a loftwing, so unless there were shoebills, eh, I mean loftwings before the creation of Skyloft, then that reference would be impossible. So either the bird on the crest is something else entirely, or it is a loftwing, and there was no royal familiy before the end of Skyward Sword...

I was also a bit annoyed that the forging of the Master Sword was not as depicted in the A Link to the Past instruction manual, but then again, we're basing this on the NOA version, and they took massive liberties with the story.

In a more accurate translation of the Japanese, we find that the Master Sword was not crafted in reaction to Ganon, and it was not the sages who decided to forge the Master Sword. It was divine intervention. "The people of Hyrule were told by the gods to make something that would repulse any evil that may kidnap the Triforce: the blade of evil's bane." This was done long, long before Ganon got the Triforce. The sages weren't even involved in its creation.

http://www.zeldalegends.net/files/text/z3translation/z3_manual_story.html

J

jokekid

skyward sword is the first on ANY timeline... its the beginning of the eternal fight between link and evil

skyward sword is the first on ANY timeline... its the beginning of the eternal fight between link and evil

People used to say the same about OoT "There's no way a game could come before this one! This is about the first appearance of Ganon and the first time the Triforce was obtained!" yet... we now see how wrong that is with SS. Never underestimate Nintendo in their ability to rewrite Hyrule's ancient history as we know it. :D

J

jokekid

People used to say the same about OoT "There's no way a game could come before this one! This is about the first appearance of Ganon and the first time the Triforce was obtained!" yet... we now see how wrong that is with SS. Never underestimate Nintendo in their ability to rewrite Hyrule's ancient history as we know it. :D

my point is that with what we have now, SS is the first... and this story made it REALLY hard to make a prequel, since it explains why ganondorf exists as he exists...
only possible prequel could be a game where you arent link, and fight in the war against Demise...

Red Baron

Lucius Junius Brutus
my point is that with what we have now, SS is the first... and this story made it REALLY hard to make a prequel, since it explains why ganondorf exists as he exists...
only possible prequel could be a game where you arent link, and fight in the war against Demise...

Nintendo will never make a game that is definitively "First". They've said in the past this isn't in their best interest - they make games, and they like to leave openings for more games. People seem to think that Demise cursed Link and Zelda, but from the wording it sounds more like the curse already existed (or is more of an over-arching truth of the universe then a "curse", can't say anything for sure without a good japanese translation).

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Demise could have gotten the Triforce of Power at some point. This is supported by his knowledge of it, when Hylia seemed to want to keep it secret, and the Triforce is split when you get it. The text doesn't necessarily say that Ganon made a wish either.

I'm sorry, but there's a few flaws you have in your theory. In Skyward Sword (be prepared for spoilers)
The three shards of the Triforce are hidden underneath the Goddess Statue, in 3 small separate sections of the Silent Realm. The goddess Hylia took the Triforce with her when she separated Skyloft from the earth, keeping it from the hands of evil. When she is reborn as Zelda, she doesn't have the Triforce, but can give Link the signature of the hero. He then has to search for the complete set of the Triforce, in order to defeat Demise(and Ghirahim, which doesn't happen :D).

In A Link to the Past Ganon found the Triforce (the whole thing apparently) and took it for himself. He broke the barrier on the Dark World, and proceeded to take over the world (or maybe just Hyrule). Ganon did make his wish, what it was, I forgot completely.

Z

Zora_Waterfall

Ganon did make his wish, what it was, I forgot completely.

That's exactly my point. Both the English and direct translations say that nobody knows what Ganon wished for, and I don't think they say anything about the full Triforce either. He could have found the individual Triforce of Power, or just split the whole Triforce, and that would have been enough to take over Hyrule-just like we see in OoT. Does anyone really think Ganon has a balanced heart or whatever it is?

Oh, and for the one who told me to read the text for Demise, please come up with a better theory that satisfies ALttP's and SS's stories.

And yes, maybe the figures shown in the prologue could just represent the individual races, but I think showing one of each standing with the Goddess, coupled with the symbols outside the Sealed Temple, suggest some importance.

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
I don't see a Prequel to Skyward Sword however I do see perhaps either a Squeal mainly being the Interloper War or Perhaps even a completely different turn of events right before Oot.

The whole point of this game is the forging of the Master Sword, which means whatever any other game says about its history is now null and void. We are seeing and creating the Master Sword. That's the whole point of these games, and it's in the title by the way, is that they're a LEGEND and the Master Sword is only a legend in OoT which is the next earliest in the series aside from SS. Within this time period, a country was founded and a civil war brokeout which the wounds of which are just being patched by the time we start playing in OoT. It's no wonder people have a hard time in Hyrule trying to remember their history. Like stated before, a more accurate version of ALttP states that the Master Sword was not created for Ganon, but before.

Also, it's stated in game that Hylia raised the island and the Triforce to keep it out of the hands of evil, and Demise himself states that he will succeed in getting the Triforce THIS TIME. This means that Demise did not get the Triforce the first time. If he did get the Triforce before then there's no way that he would have been defeated with his immense power and the power of Din backing him up as well.

I believe there are more masterswords then just one. Multiple master swords reason: Remember the part in Ss where you lose all of your stuff and get it back? When you obtain the master sword the description calls it the "Original master sword, also only Ss link can wield." Alttp master sword is not the same one as SS's

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom