• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Poll: What Weapon Would You Like in a New Zelda Game

What weapon would you want in a Zelda Game?

• Doubled Sword like the one in Star Wars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Switchknife

• Grenade

• Pistol

• Speargun

• Sleeping Dart Gun

• Taser

• Gardening Fork

• Baseball Bat

• Atomic Bomb

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

I would replace the common bombs, with Holy Hand Grenades. Honestly those things never get old. :D

Edit: Ah I see you added a poll, well I guess my holy hand grenade idea still sort of works with the thread, although the classic garden fork would be hilarious. ^^

Last edited:

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I thought this was gonna be a poll about what previous Zelda weapons should be brought back. But nevermind, I choose the sleeping dart gun, though not in gun form because I don't want guns in a Zelda game! But yeah I like the idea of the challenge of say something similar to like Gerudo Fortress in OoT where you dart them to sleep and have a short time to get past before they wake up and catch you or something, idk.

**EDIT: I just spotted the second part of the question. I would want this to replace something sucky like bombchus, which are hard to aim.

tlozoot

the evil even Link fears
I voted Taser 'cuz it would be a fun weapon to torture people with (if that would be in new games, and i think it won't happen really...).

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Out of these options, I picked Taser, since it seems like the most Zelda-like item in here to me (as I think this item could be connected to the Magic Meter). It would be used to stun enemies and kill smaller ones.

If they keep on doing motion controls I think a double sided two bladed sword could be really cool. And lest get rid of the wip. I rather have the grappling hook back then a wip.

(And I don't get why people are ok with trains and steam boats which came after guns and yet the reject them so much. I blame CoD)

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
I think the only ones that have a chance of appearing out of that list are the double sword and the gardening fork...

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Atomic Bomb. Just get rid of Hyrule, Zora's Domain, Death Mountain, and Gerudo Valley entirely! Link's had enough for one day.....

In all seriousness, I can't decide between the double bladed sword or the taser. Both Link could use to his advantage.

Fig

The Altruist
Seeing the list of items that you have listed will make the Zelda series not like it's usually self. Seeing these items in a future Zelda game will remind me that the game is not a real Zelda game. What I really love about the Zelda franchise is that it really proves that you don't need modern war weapons for the series to be a great one. A Zelda game must have that fantasy feel and seeing any of those weapons will diminish that feeling. All I'm saying is that the Zelda series shouldn't be perverted by the addition of modern weapons in a fantasy universe. This is just my opinion, so I would appreciate it if you respect my opinion as I respect yours.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Can the Double bladed sword be snapped in two so that Link can dual wield like Roxas and Sora (KH fame)? If so, I vote for that. Remove the beetle in its stead.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I wouldn't mind seeing a gun (pistol/revolver/hand cannon) at all. This would replace the Slingshot as the short-range projectile weapon, which would only be beneficial, as the Slingshot has had very little purpose outside of Young Link's portions of OoT.

Can the Double bladed sword be snapped in two so that Link can dual wield like Roxas and Sora (KH fame)? If so, I vote for that. Remove the beetle in its stead.

How does the Beetle have anything to do with blades? Just curious.

Last edited:
(And I don't get why people are ok with trains and steam boats which came after guns and yet the reject them so much. I blame CoD)

Not to mention telephones (Link's Awakening) which came after all three of those.

That said, though, the more advanced of technology I see Link use, the less the game feels like Zelda. A very primitive firearm may not be so bad, but even that would shift the mood in a direction I don't equate with a Zelda game. A weapon like that just doesn't seem befitting of Link.

I voted for grenades to replace bombs, since all a grenade really is is a more efficient version of one of Link's bombs. I could see it appearing as an upgrade and not being too jarring to the atmosphere of the Zelda universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom