• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda POLL: Should Nintendo Give Us a Zelda Game with a Female Playable Character?

How should a the playable female character be worked into the game?

• Female Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Play as existing character instead of link(zelda, shiek)

• New female character instead of link

• both link and existing character (pick one and each character has different quests)

• both link and a new character(you one and each character has different quests)

• NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

• Total voters
There is some discussion going on about a female playable character, there is already a thread for this, but I'm intrested in seeing what a poll would show. I think I'm with most people when I say that I do NOT want a female link. I would be intrested in a female playable character, there are a few ways that i think that it could work and be a great game. pick an option, and why you chose it!

Edit: What i mean by different quests is like in skyward sword. Both link and zelda have different quests, but they both are canon and part of the same story. You play as link doing links quest, and the other option would be playing as zelda and doing her part of the quest. ( Zeldas part would be boring in the example of skyward sword, but it gets the point across.)

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Gimme dat female Link ayy. Really there is nothing that could possibly mar the image of "Link" bar her getting breasts. She'd still have the same personality, same abilities, same well...everything.

Sure, why not?

There could be choice in the character creation part.

Erm, I don't know under which vote that falls. So I did not vote.

Link + some some other female character would be cool. But I couldn't really see playing a female Link. I'm not against it, but I really couldn't see it.

I really like the idea of having link and another female character with different parallel quests with a few points where their quests meet.

Demise_

Gwoh hoh hoh!
I wouldn't like totally different quests for male and female. They'd better spend the time making a brand new title, or modifying the existing title with alternate dungeons for the harder difficulty (which will almost certainly be a recurring feature in future games).

Having the option to choose male or female Link wouldn't be bad, but as I said in the other topic, I don't see how they could make it without changing the story drastically. And as I just said, I wouldn't like having 2 different quests.

Garo

Boy Wonder
As I think I have said before, there is little reason to abandon or change what is now an iconic character unless there is a compelling narrative or thematic reason. If a new Zelda story functions on the same level with a male or a female Link, then there is absolutely no reason to make the new Link female. If, however, they decide to make the Link character a female in the next game, and structure the story and character in such a way that it is meaningful? That would be a good reason, and I would be all for it.

In short: female Link? Only if it's meaningful. If it's just to have a female Link with no better reason, then I see no need.

I voted for female Link, but what I really mean is the option to choose between a male and a female hero. The male hero can be Link as usual and the female a redesigned version of him, not necessarily a unique character per-say (like playing as Link and suddenly introducing...Sarah! or something), just a female version of the hero or "Link". Something like what is seen in the Pokemon series, as I mentioned in my thread about this topic.

No one ever asks for a male Samus. Why do so many people ask for a female Link?

I'd say because Samus is a singular, defined character. Link, or more simply the "hero", has many incarnations and The Legend of Zelda is at least possibly open to having a female hero, regardless of whether it will ever happen. It's a notion that can be entertained within the confines of Zelda's overarching story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom