• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Poland: A Review

arkvoodle

Diabolical
So recently, I went to Poland. Krakow, to be specific. I've decided that I'll throw up a little review of the place, you know, for other people and just for fun.

Food

First off, the food comes in pretty large portions depending on where you are eating, so be warned if you're picky like me! However, the food is absolutely delicious. It suits all pallets and has many different styles and features.

There are a lot of meat based dishes, so if you're a vegetarian, be warned. However, they do offer an amazing selection of salads and pastas with nice things like cheese and "cranberry cored" cooked apples, which may be too sweet for some. Nonetheless, I give the soups, delicious main courses and incredibly chocolate caked deserts...

9/10

Locations

Poland has a range of different locations that can please any taste. Whether that be historical, architectural or simply for sight seeing value.
The main town of Krakow has a mix of Gothic/renaissance style buildings. The cloth hall (Basically a large market), the castle and cathedral overlooking the city, the two towers of the main square, the salt mines which run almost 400ft below the earth, and most famous of all, Auschwitz I/Auschwitz II Birkenhau. The latter two are remnants of the Nazi rule over poland and greater Europe. They serve as a warning, a window into the past and a testament to the crimes committed and the suffering endured by millions of Jewish people, Soviets, Gypsies, Homosexuals, Political Prisoners and those brave enough to speak out against the Nazi Regime.

I give the locations of Poland... 10/10

People and Language

The people of Poland, at least from my experience, are all incredibly friendly and willing to help out when needed. The language is difficult to write, but pretty easy to speak once you get the hang of some of the pronunciations. I myself found that using basic phrases such as "Thank you" and "Hello"/"Goodbye" pleased the locals. It's nice to see someone making an effort, I guess.

I give the language and people 8/10. 2 points deducted for some words being hard to master and spell. However, that can be worked out in time if you really want to work at it.

Miscellaneous

Overall, Poland has a range of things for everyone to enjoy. There's almost a club on every corner if you're into that. Plenty of bars, a huge shopping complex and lots of things to see and do. The currency used there is Zloty. The exchange rate is amazing from Everything > Zloty. It allows you to buy a lot of things, and what's really amazing is how cheap they are in other currencies but expensive in ztoly. For example- $10 or £10 = 40 Zloty. My stay was incredibly fun. I didn't want to leave. :(

Overall, Poland gets a 9/10. It'll always be pretty high up on my rankings. I've already made plans to study there. Heh heh.

So what did you think? Does Poland sound like a place you'd like to travel to? Have you ever been? What was your experience like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom