• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon V Digimon

Pokemon or Digimon

• Pokemon

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Digimon

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'll assume you're talking about the animes, because the Digimon games did literally nothing of note at any point in history.
I never really got into Digimon as a kid, and it's most definitley a ripoff of Pokemon anyways (Digivolve? Really?)
Even though Ash is terrible, there were lots of great side characters. Brock and Misty to start with, characters like Dawn and May later on, and even tons of awesome one-offs.
And to finish this off?
Which show is still going strong at Season 20?
Sure as hell ain't Digimon.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
(Digivolve? Really?
Even though this doesn't really help its case, "Digivolve" is exclusive to the English dub. Digimon "evolve" into their different forms just like Pokémon in the original version. Unless Pokémon has changed drastically since I last saw it (and it probably has) there are more than enough differences between the two shows for each to be able to stand on its own merit.

As for me, DIgimon over Pokémon. I watched the original Pokémon and Digimon series as it first aired and really enjoyed them, but haven't watched an episode of Pokémon for years after becoming disinterested in the series. Though I do have a soft spot for the Ash/Pikachu relationship, I never cared much for any of the other characters on the show. Watching Digimon as an adult, in particular the "Tamers" series (season 3), seems to have much darker overtones than I remember Pokémon ever having and I like the character arcs of the Digimon and the humans much more than I remember liking the ones in Pokémon.

Even though this doesn't really help its case, "Digivolve" is exclusive to the English dub. Digimon "evolve" into their different forms just like Pokémon in the original version. Unless Pokémon has changed drastically since I last saw it (and it probably has) there are more than enough differences between the two shows for each to be able to stand on its own merit.

Yeah just like the frikking horrible theme tune which is western only. The original japanese version has a much better soundtrack than the abomination we got here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom