• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Dungeon League

MarkaenShoque92

Hero of Hoenn
This goes to both the forum readers and Pokemon Dungeon staff. How about Pokemon Dungeon setting up their own Pokemon League (complete with gym leaders and elite four). I know time may be a problem with some members, but I think it would be a fairly neat idea.

Dan

Um... can you explain in more detail how it would work please ? Don't mean to be rude. :(

MarkaenShoque92

Hero of Hoenn
No problem. Here is my idea: have 8 people (possibly the people in charge of Pokemon Dungeon or anyone that cares to sign up) that are Gym Leaders and 4 people act as the Elite Four (including a champion). Have these people make teams on Pokemon Online (or whatever online Pokemon battling system they care to use), and have a way for forum members to challenge the leaders and earn theoretical badges. After someone earned all 8 badges, they can challenge the Elite Four and proceed to challenge the Champion once the Elite Four are defeated (there could be a hall of fame for the victors). In essence, it would be like the way the games have been set up since day 1 except it includes members of the Pokemon Dungeon community as the trainers (and none of the "traveling the region battling an evil organization" stuff).

As for the teams, the Leaders and Elite Four could be restricted to having a single type of Pokemon (like the games), and the Champion could (and probably should) have a team of Pokemon of varying types. The people challenging the League could use whatever Pokemon they want, but there would of course have to be restrictions (such as no legendaries) so someone doesn't sweep the league with a team of 6 Arceus.

I have seen something like this a couple times before on forums and Facebook pages, but never with a forum with as many members as Pokemon/Zelda Dungeon. If the leaders (and other trainers, for that matter) are really into it, they can design a trainer card or gym badges for fun (I have even seen someone design a region for their League with made-up towns to go with the Gym Leaders). Just an idea.

Fig

The Altruist
Wow! That is an awesome idea you have! I would love to be a part of it. I would to be Champion, but I doubt I'm that good. Before other members can participate on this cool idea, the staff and the other members who sign up must have a tournament of their own so we can find out who is what position they will be. It would only be a tournament of placement, so to speak. That said, 16 participants must have the first tournament with the top 15 players will designated as either a Gym Leader, Elite Four, or Champion. The last place will have their pick of becoming a professor, wandering trainer, rival, etc.

I really hope your idea will start very soon. It will also increase popularity in the Pokémon section of the forums and the forums itself! Let me talk with Kybyrian and explain him your awesome idea!

Dan

I like the sound of it all, thanks for explaining. Although what game would you be using ?

MarkaenShoque92

Hero of Hoenn
I like the sound of it all, thanks for explaining. Although what game would you be using ?

I was thinking using an online system like Pokemon Online (and using every available Pokemon with the moves available in the current gen). That way, nobody has to worry about friend codes and IV/EV training.

univpark

Heart of Steel
Awesome idea! As for the simulator, there's one called Pokemon Showdown. (Although it's kinda beta right now)

But you'd have to find a way to make the gym leaders go from easiest to hardest...

I'd love to be a part of it! (Empoleon for the win!)

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
That's a fantastic idea! I probably wouldn't participate (I really suck at Pokémon; trust me) but I think it would be very interesting. I look forward to seeing your idea is implemented. ^^

You know that whole awards system thing? That could probably be used for people who beat the champion.

Fig

The Altruist
I want to be the Water/Dark/Ice/Electric Gym, which ever is available. If not then I call dibs on Champion, that is, if you guys are okay with me being your leader. I would gladly rule with you guys as my reason of honor! :3

Dan

I want to be the Water/Dark/Ice/Electric Gym, which ever is available. If not then I call dibs on Champion, that is, if you guys are okay with me being your leader. I would gladly rule with you guys as my reason of honor! :3

Ofc you should be the champion. You are after all the master of pokemon on here eh ;)
You can rule me anyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom