• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for my disappearance. My cousin from Poland was supposed to be in Florida right now, but she returned here because of the hurricane. Since I'm unsure of how much time I can actually spend in thread, I will say that I soft claimed my role already. Usually I wouldn't do this, but since my role can backfire on the town, I have no problem hinting at it this early.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I've been keeping up with the game, but haven't been able to make a post until now. Yesterday I had to leave for work right before the EoD, so if I keep disappearing when the lynch scene is about to be posted that's why. Even if I did have time, I probably wouldn't have voted like @Kuro requested because Yiga was obviously mislynch bait and no other vote would have counted toward anything. If Yiga flipped Mafia, then I would be pursuing Kuro for the last minute push.

The Mason counterclaims is an interesting dilemma. I knew that there was something off with Rainami's reaction to the initial claim, and now that she and funnier are forming a counter unit against Domo and musicfan, it's highly probable that one of the sides is Mafia. However, as a few others have pointed out, it makes no sense for Mafia to claim or counterclaim this early; it's practically suicide. My only guess is that music/Domo fakeclaimed hoping that there wouldn't be an actual Mason pair, but their attitude suggests otherwise. Alternatively, one side could be Town and the other Third Party (or Mafia I guess).

Moving on to the final lynching...

Day 1 final vote count.
YIGAhim VII (Feenie, Pendio, Minish_Link, Rainami, Mellow Ezlo, Bok of the Wild, A Link In Time)
Storm IV (Storm, CheffOfGames, Lone_Garurumon, Lilac)
Mellow Ezlo III (YIGAhim, Zachie, Funnier)
A link of Time II (DarthWolf, Kuro)
Lone_Garurumon I (musicfan)
musicfan I (AussieEevee)
Finn Balor I (Finn Balor)
Midorikawa I (Bok of the Wild)
Most of the votes piled on to Yiga within the last 24 hours, with a few more settling on Storm and the rest of them mainly scattered about on inactives. In a game this huge, this kind of situation is beneficial for scumplay. The Mafia can blend in very well by spreading the votes out and forcing two main lynches. And wasn't there a Night 0 before the actual game started? If so, I wonder if the Mafia had a Role Cop who investigated Yiga or Mezlo prior to the lynches.

@AussieEevee
@Finn Bálor
I'd appreciate some input from either of you.

Rainami

locked away
Why did you want to hold off claiming right away?
various reasons. Firstly I don't like claiming right before a night phase, because I worry mafia will be more likely to kill me. I also figured if they were mafia and I pretended to believe them, they'd be less likely to kill me.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
If the guys are running it like we do over on BMGf, the "Night 0" is just for confirmations, and no actions can be made at that time.
Well, that makes sense and throws my ideas out the window at the same time. We usually just do confirmations in the sign-up thread and start the Day in a new one. Night 0 is a rare occurrence around here, but it depends on the role setup.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
And wasn't there a Night 0 before the actual game started? If so, I wonder if the Mafia had a Role Cop who investigated Yiga or Mezlo prior to the lynches.

He actually could be onto something here. Both of them flipping as those roles doesn't sound like a coincidence of deaths. I think we do have someone able to read roles. As for who I'm reading as scum, I have a lean but I'll need a moment to reread her posts first before shouting nonsense.

funnier6

Courage~
Mezlo flipping town proves this wrong now. Well, it doesn't prove that I'm not scum, but it shows that we weren't scumbuds working together.

I actually did more this day 1 than I usually do on day 1s, so yeah I kinda had done much of noticeable interest. Not sure how it feels forceful though, as I was giving insight into my scum play. Which other ZD players could agree with.

I don't think you've been understanding my reasoning at all. I voted him because his behavior seemed in line with how he played when we were scum together. He was in the thread and posted after the game had gotten serious. He knew the game had gotten serious because he mentioned people removing their joke votes from Mezlo. I don't care if he hadn't caught up fully at that time. He could have removed his vote then instead of keeping it on. I didn't lynch him for a joke vote, I lynched him because he didn't do anything to change that joke vote when he had the opportunity.

Again, him joking around after the game had gotten serious didn't look well for him. But like I said, my reason for voting him wasn't because of his original joking around.

See, this is what I mean about you tunneling Mezlo for really no good reason. You're all over people for lynching Yiga when we actually posted real reasoning for doing so, but had you convinced people to vote your choice yesterday, the result would've been the same since Mezlo flipped town. I kinda honestly just believe you have a grudge against Mezlo for how good he plays so you don't really care what his alignment is, you just want to get him out of the way as soon as possibly just in case.

And this seems to prove my point about tunneling. You were so focused on lynching Mezlo, that you didn't counterclaim and steer us in a direction that could actually provide us very useful information. If you felt that strongly that Yiga was the wrong choice, you should have counterclaimed then. I'm not saying that I don't believe your claim. Just that I feel your priorities were very off day 1.

I understand you perfectly, what I meant was that you had just said that sometimes people forget to unvote and then you proceeded to vote him for not unvoting. I didn't even say anything about you voting him for a joke vote in that first quote and was mostly just sighing in the next quote.

So you're saying that because I was on the backup and you were on the cop I was in a death tunnel and you were on a better wagon? I don't think anybody's reasons were real reasons except boks.

I shall go over my priorities once more and that's it since if you didn't believe it before you won't believe it now.

I believed Yiga was 100% mislynch bait and that absolutely no information would be gained from his lynch, so I vote someone who I believe I will get information from which happens to be Mez.

I am really annoyed that you say that since I went several games where I could've death tunneled and been right but naturally I wait until the game we're both town in so now I'm being accused of holding a grudge.

Did you see it was Rainys idea? Like honestly, you just seem to be looking for reasons to say I'm not playing well? Who is playing well to you?

I've pretty much got you down as lock town unless you're doing a really good job faking.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I understand you perfectly, what I meant was that you had just said that sometimes people forget to unvote and then you proceeded to vote him for not unvoting. I didn't even say anything about you voting him for a joke vote in that first quote and was mostly just sighing in the next quote.

So you're saying that because I was on the backup and you were on the cop I was in a death tunnel and you were on a better wagon? I don't think anybody's reasons were real reasons except boks.

I shall go over my priorities once more and that's it since if you didn't believe it before you won't believe it now.

I believed Yiga was 100% mislynch bait and that absolutely no information would be gained from his lynch, so I vote someone who I believe I will get information from which happens to be Mez.

I am really annoyed that you say that since I went several games where I could've death tunneled and been right but naturally I wait until the game we're both town in so now I'm being accused of holding a grudge.

Did you see it was Rainys idea? Like honestly, you just seem to be looking for reasons to say I'm not playing well? Who is playing well to you?

I've pretty much got you down as lock town unless you're doing a really good job faking.

I said sometimes people forget to unvote, meaning that they just don't check in anymore after they place their random vote. What Yiga did was different. He couldn't have forgotten to unvote as he clearly addressed the Mezlo lynch not happening and knew he was on it. It's two completely different things and I didn't contradict myself at all there.

No, I'm not saying I was on a better wagon. I'm saying that you seem to think you were on the better wagon, when neither of them were good. Also, not sure how anyone's reasons were real except for Bok's when my reasons were basically the same as his, he just stated them more concisely.

In day 1 with this many people it's hard to have a lynch that does give us a lot of information unless something crazy happens. As someone else brought up though, if there's a sensor in the game, than Yiga's lynch was good for them as there were a lot of people on it. I don't see how you thought Mezlo's lynch would give us more information than Yiga's.

I mean, you do always bring up that you just don't outright trust Mezlo and seem to go on about him specifically a lot. And the fact that you could've death tunneled and been right in previous games kinda holds up to the fact that you would try it this game since it could have worked out for you in the other games but you didn't do it.

Rainami didn't say it was her idea until after I had posted my reply to you. But still, it just doesn't make sense to me. When you saw the claim, you could've started making a case against them or even placed a vote on them just to hint at the fact they might not be telling the truth. Not to mention, I actually went back and looked at some of Rainami's posts after the claim. Seems a little odd to me that that first she asks if there are any counterclaims, knowing that you all should be the counterclaim. Then later after Yiga is lynched, brings up the no counterclaim again...but then goes on to say this

Mason is a difficult role for mafia to fakeclaim, so if the rest of you trust them enough, a potential idea is to claim to them next day phase. I'd advise the doctor to consider protecting one of them if this is what we decide to do.

Why would she suggest claiming to them and for a doctor to protect them is she has a reason to not believe their claim?????????
Like this honestly doesn't make sense at all to me. If you all are masons, there's no reason to even suggest claiming to other claimed masons when you know they could be fake claiming. I wasn't disbelieving your all's claim at first, but this is seriously making me reconsider.

I'm not looking for reasons to say you're not playing well. I didn't even say that I don't think you are playing well. What I do think is that you get a little caught up in your own opinions sometimes and don't seem to consider other's. I think a lot of times you seem to have good intentions, but I don't think you necessarily go about it in a good way.

funnier6

Courage~
I said sometimes people forget to unvote, meaning that they just don't check in anymore after they place their random vote. What Yiga did was different. He couldn't have forgotten to unvote as he clearly addressed the Mezlo lynch not happening and knew he was on it. It's two completely different things and I didn't contradict myself at all there.

No, I'm not saying I was on a better wagon. I'm saying that you seem to think you were on the better wagon, when neither of them were good. Also, not sure how anyone's reasons were real except for Bok's when my reasons were basically the same as his, he just stated them more concisely.

In day 1 with this many people it's hard to have a lynch that does give us a lot of information unless something crazy happens. As someone else brought up though, if there's a sensor in the game, than Yiga's lynch was good for them as there were a lot of people on it. I don't see how you thought Mezlo's lynch would give us more information than Yiga's.

I mean, you do always bring up that you just don't outright trust Mezlo and seem to go on about him specifically a lot. And the fact that you could've death tunneled and been right in previous games kinda holds up to the fact that you would try it this game since it could have worked out for you in the other games but you didn't do it.

Rainami didn't say it was her idea until after I had posted my reply to you. But still, it just doesn't make sense to me. When you saw the claim, you could've started making a case against them or even placed a vote on them just to hint at the fact they might not be telling the truth. Not to mention, I actually went back and looked at some of Rainami's posts after the claim. Seems a little odd to me that that first she asks if there are any counterclaims, knowing that you all should be the counterclaim. Then later after Yiga is lynched, brings up the no counterclaim again...but then goes on to say this

Why would she suggest claiming to them and for a doctor to protect them is she has a reason to not believe their claim?????????
Like this honestly doesn't make sense at all to me. If you all are masons, there's no reason to even suggest claiming to other claimed masons when you know they could be fake claiming. I wasn't disbelieving your all's claim at first, but this is seriously making me reconsider.

I'm not looking for reasons to say you're not playing well. I didn't even say that I don't think you are playing well. What I do think is that you get a little caught up in your own opinions sometimes and don't seem to consider other's. I think a lot of times you seem to have good intentions, but I don't think you necessarily go about it in a good way.

Mkay, agree to disagree first few paragraphs.

Tbh I have no idea why Rainy posted all that, she didn't tell me anything about it and honestly I'm not sure what she was talking about, except for the subtle counter claiming part.

I didn't do anything of that because the day was almost over and we didn't want him to know we were onto him yet. I'll go into more details later.

It's just that it was day one and I was mostly forming reads on everyone all day, I don't see how you think I could've played better some other sort of way, I succeed and fail by doing me. Agree to disagree on that too possibly.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Tbh I have no idea why Rainy posted all that, she didn't tell me anything about it and honestly I'm not sure what she was talking about, except for the subtle counter claiming part.

I didn't do anything of that because the day was almost over and we didn't want him to know we were onto him yet. I'll go into more details later.

It's just that it was day one and I was mostly forming reads on everyone all day, I don't see how you think I could've played better some other sort of way, I succeed and fail by doing me. Agree to disagree on that too possibly.

Well lets see what her explanation for that is. @Rainami care to explain why you suggested people possibly claiming to yours and funnier's counterclaims? Seems like music and domo are a little more on the same page than you two are.
I could dismiss bringing up the counterclaims as a subtle counterclaim in itself, but I can't dismiss the other suggestion.

I think you could have listened to the various people saying that Mezlo didn't really look that scummy and possibly considered another option. Just seemed you weren't really open to anyone other than him to me. I'm not faulting you for being wrong. I was wrong too. I just didn't like the way you went about it. It feels like you think the people on the Yiga lynch were more wrong than you for some reason.

funnier6

Courage~
Why did your vote need to be on a major wagon?

I just don't or do like posts. If I see multiple posts I don't like then I'll scumread, and usually push for a lynch on that person. If I see multiple I like then I'll defend that person. Simple as that. I won't pull up the posts because I don't really have time. I only do so when absolutely necessary and when I have time.

1) I am not scumreading you for meta. I don't scumread for meta. I get annoyed by overuse, which thankfully I really only have to deal with @Zexy overusing it. I'm scumreading you for scummy posts that don't relate to meta.
2) If you read the post you said you forgot to read and then quoted, then you would realized I said it almost never has use. Me being aggressive, and me not liking meta is something that is common of me regardless of alignment. Someone who does some weird softclaims regardless of alignment, thus cannot be called townie or mafia for softclaiming weirdly. In that case it's fine. But using it as a defense or to read someone as town or mafia is what I don't like.
3) One of those things I'll be doing is coming after you :)

Funny to see this come up now, after the other masons claimed, AND after Rainami pushed someone to claim to the masons. That's pretty strange to me. Why push someone to give information to your counterclaim?

Of all town I would say low. It's not as useful in an OC game.

We would be told if this game had multiple mafias or towns.

No you didn't. Because if you did something worth noting, I would have a stronger impression of you. And considering you apparently read my post, well assuming you read more than me talking about you, then you know not to bother with meta with me. Don't try to use it as a defense. Give me something other than your past ZD games because I don't care how you played in the past. I don't care how you'll play in the future. I only care about your actions this game. And none of them have me impressed.

This feels off. Confused. As though they did not know of the mason claim and plan to come out. Makes me feel stronger about my voting choice.

VOTE: Funnier6

I think he's full of it. He's had a few off posts, and I know from experience mafia can easily look town. So those off post are super important because I believe they're scumslips. I beleive I quoted them in my mega post too. I also don't buy the mason claim. The timing is off, and his partners actions make zero sense for it.

I did read it, possibly misunderstood you.

Well they're not scum slips so your scum hunting doesn't appear to be working.

...I think this is a slight town lean but you have a weird style so need to see more.

funnier6

Courage~
Well lets see what her explanation for that is. @Rainami care to explain why you suggested people possibly claiming to yours and funnier's counterclaims? Seems like music and domo are a little more on the same page than you two are.
I could dismiss bringing up the counterclaims as a subtle counterclaim in itself, but I can't dismiss the other suggestion.

I think you could have listened to the various people saying that Mezlo didn't really look that scummy and possibly considered another option. Just seemed you weren't really open to anyone other than him to me. I'm not faulting you for being wrong. I was wrong too. I just didn't like the way you went about it. It feels like you think the people on the Yiga lynch were more wrong than you for some reason.

The problem with that, and you don't seem to have noticed, is that in every game I've played no matter his alignment nobody finds Mez scummy like ever. (Occasionally me and storm but that's it) So I wasn't about to change my mind based on that.

The me being less wrong is solely on that no one lynching Yiga expected to get the slightest bit of information amount out of it whether he was scum or not.

@funnier6 please answer my questions:

Hi, mine does not say Neighbor 100%

Have you given your reads yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom