• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Good to know. Thank you for this. I know what you're alluding to, but for fairness, I'm not going to mention it. Others can figure it out for themselves.
I'm actually referring to Bok's consistent posting. It's the first time I've seen him step his game up and post frequently, which shows that he's grown exponentially as a player. He'll be a tough opponent in the games to come for you and me both.

I dislike all your reads except bok, storm, and feenie.

What on earth do you mean misconstruing your posts? I can think of only one time I could have possibly done something that could seem like "deciding how your post are meant to be read" and I'm pretty sure I said I was wrong.

As for the bok thing, did you even read the rest of that? -deep breath- Idk why you're being a jerk to me but I think you're town blast it.
I'm sorry if my allegations come off in an abrupt manner, but don't take it personally. Analyzing the ins and outs of a dissenting post is just a part of Mafia. If I committed any offense by doing so, then I apologize.

Yes, I did read the ensuing conversation between you and Bok, but the pushiness surrounding it simply didn't sit well with me at the time. I really do believe that you're Town in spite of what my gut was telling me.

funnier6

Courage~
I'm actually referring to Bok's consistent posting. It's the first time I've seen him step his game up and post frequently, which shows that he's grown exponentially as a player. He'll be a tough opponent in the games to come for you and me both.

I'm sorry if my allegations come off in an abrupt manner, but don't take it personally. Analyzing the ins and outs of a dissenting post is just a part of Mafia. If I committed any offense by doing so, then I apologize.

Yes, I did read the ensuing conversation between you and Bok, but the pushiness surrounding it simply didn't sit well with me at the time. I really do believe that you're Town in spite of what my gut was telling me.

Well I did ask nicely for you to not bite my head off and then you sorta did.

Anyway I'm still not seeing the misconstrued posts your suspicions mention and you have completely lost your mind if you think I could boss bok around. Just saying that sounds hilarious. XP

Congratulations on your gut by the way. :D

Space

invisible victory
Unvote: Storm

yeah, not worth it/not feeling it. if Storm couldn't post then he could have just liked posts or something to get the message across but w/e.

Doesn't the garu wagon seem off to you at all? I mean, he's being lynched for an inconsistency in his second post of the game and everyone is completely okay with that. It just seems so opportunistic to lynch him for something like that.
'

I agree with this. I looked back and the votes on Lone_Gararumon were out of proportion and honestly, I liked that Lone_Garurumon was trying to get things serious even if it made him seem like he over-reacted.

On a similar note, I feel like those who jumped on that wagon are worth looking at. I still believe it's easier for scum to stand back when a wagon is forming, but it would also make sense if at least 1 scum went on the wagon. In that case I can see it being one who's going with the flow and/or with weak reasoning.

And IMO those two would be Rainami, who posted this:

Vote: Lone Garurumon

why not?

Which is worded just scummy.

-and then A Link in Time, who tbh I'm finding more scummy. Rainami just went with it for no given reason, but that's why I think it's less likely for them to be scum. A Link in Time gave the illusion of a reason by basically just agreeing with past reasoning. Doesn't help that A Link in Time looked back in thread and pretty much only said they find Feenie to be townly through one post.

In that case,

Vote: A Link in Time

In the meantime, foolproof scumtest guys, what's your favorite eeveeloution? Mine is Espeon.

no one's said Jolteon.....

so you're saying that I...
max_cool_big.jpg

Stand out!

You gave your reason in an earlier post as to why you vote Lone, but didn't immediatly vote him. You had to make a seperate vote post later. That looks to me like a panic of getting pushed on not voting him.
As town you wouldn't really forget to make your vote, it's basically your main power to win the game.

Vote: A Link In Time

Wait we don't?!

I didn't forget to make my vote. I simply felt no need to vote right away as I hadn't read the entire thread up to that point yet, and I wanted to see if anyone more suspicious stood out to me. As for voting separately, I do it often on MU. I think it makes more ISO more transparent.

Space

invisible victory
....who are you, anyway? You're clearly from bmgf, yet I have no idea who you are.

my username is Space on bmgf as well. I've only played one game on there recently though (as in past months? idk).

and on that note, space, I think you'd benefit from reading these last few pages a little more closely.

oh. you did give your reasoning - that's what you're referring to? forget it then, I was more suspicious of A Link in Time anyway.

Ehhh on second thought, I'm not so sure about lynching Lone_Garurumon. His vote on Mellow at least gave a reason, albeit it didn't make sense, but he was trying to find something to work with rather than others who were on it for joke votings' sake and either are staying on it because they want to see him lynched or are going to forget to take their vote off.

UNVOTE: Lone_Garurumon.
VOTE: YIGAhim.

Will @Zachie get back on I wonder because I want to see what funnier was talking about? funnier is one of my strongest town reads, and if he's voting him and keeping said reason a secret right now it has me intrigued.

I was going to let it be because I thought he was wanting to be replaced but after his 'see you day 2' comment that kind of pinged me as weird so now I see what you mean.

Umbreon is best.;)

I find myself agreeing with you quite a bit, and I have a town lean in you currently, but the way you worded the start of your post potentially looks like distancing to me. Are you nornally a bit unsure of yourself? The start of your post reads like overjustification. I'd be happy to hear from other BG people about Feenie's play style as well.

You've been questioned about this a few times already, but I don't recall ever seeing a response from you, despite that you've been on and posting otherwise. Was this a town or a scum lean, and what gives you the idea?

I'm not going to say anything about the vote itself, because several people already have, but I am going to ask why you picked me over any of the other players? At that point in the game, there were players with higher post counts than myself who also hadn't contributed anything. But it seemed like you singled me out for some reason. Why? Was it because I already had votes and it was an easy wagon? Or was it because I had votes and therefore would've been easy to pressure me? Either way, it looks bad. There were more than enough votes on me already at that point, and while none were serious, you'd be better off applying pressure to someone else with less votes. I wouldn't have even reacted to it initially due to the rest of my votes being jokevotes, I would've probably dismissed yours as a joke vote as well, so you wouldn't have gotten what you wanted out of your vote.

Was this supposed to be a random vote, or was there some kind of ulterior motive behind it? Because the game had gotten serious by this point, so joke votes weren't necessary.

It's funny because of the 12 posts I had made by that point, at least 2 of them were during sign ups, so there were people with more posts than myself who also hadn't contributed. I, at the very least, had answered a serious question earlier on, so at least it's something.

Eh, I agree with the people that said this sounding like soft defending. There was plenty of time left in the day (still is, in fact), so I was in no danger. And nobody had really suggested at that point that I was actually going to get lynched. In fact, only one person on my wagon apparently placed their vote on me seriously, the rest were jokes.

What do you mean by this?

*bites your head off*

omnomnom

I disagree. Day 1 can arguably be one of the most important days in the game if it's as serious as this one, so anything that happens during day 1 is good info. When is it ever actually too early to be talking about distancing?

I found Garurumon's vote to be weird and unnecessary, and I thought he was really reaching and fishing for evidence when he made it, but I don't necessarily see it as a scum move. Simultaneously, though, I don't see it as a pro-town move.

But... you're aware Day 2 will have almost twice as much stuff to read, right?

Why? He's done literally nothing all game. There's no possible way to have a solid read on him one way or another. Are you guys scumbuds?

Appreciate it, but do you have anything else to contribute?

I would agree with you on Storm if it hadn't been for recent events (I quoted this post while I was reading so Storm's recent posts came in after and I'm just too lazy to erase this quote)

To be fair, Storm is usually suspicious because of the things he says, but not necessarily the things he does. I agreed with the suspicion on him based on his immediately asking for a replacement, because it meant he was unwilling to make an effort to catch up in this game, which is definitely not pro-town. If you are a townie, why do you have any reason to be scared of a little pressure and having to contribute?

Umbreon all the way!

ugh, seriously? You're going to pull this **** again?

MODS: I'm officially requesting Storm be either replaced or modkilled. He has pulled this behaviour in games before, and has actively ruined them. I do not want to deal with it this time around, and I don't want to waste a lynch on him.

Anyway, after having read, I have a few thoughts on people.

First off, as I said earlier, funnier is town. He's playing exactly the way he did last game, which is certainly different from his previous scum games.

Aside from him, I agree with the people who believe Feenie to be town. Her thoughts seem genuine, and I like how she's been acting rather independently thus far.

Garurumon is weird. I dislike his vote on me, but I don't necessarily believe him to be scum. I just think that was one move that wasn't really a town move, but I don't think it was necessarily a mafia move. I need to see more to know better.

Alit is my one scum lean right now. I don't question his vote on Garurumon or the reasons, but I don't like how quickly he made it without talking about anyone else or posting any other reads. Also, somebody else previously mentioned how he waited a bit between posting his suspicion on Garuru and actually placing his vote, but didn't post anything else in between. I'm also curious about YIGAhim, as he's clearly been present (seeing as how he responded to funnier as soon as funnier said he missed my earlier post), but hasn't contributed much/at all, and I'd like to see more from him. I'd consider him a scum lean if he had actually given me something to base that off of.

Everybody else in the game is mostly null, although I've been liking Kuro so far. Lots of people still haven't posted, so hard to read them. I'd like to see more from Minish, because she's usually a good town player, but she hasn't said too much yet.
This is such a long post so I decided to spoiler it. The reason I haven't given comprehensive reads is because I think it's smarter to focus on a narrower swath of people at the start of a game of this size. I'd rather have a few developed reads than unsure reads about almost everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom